Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    3    4    5    6    7    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyFranz    Jun. 10, 2014 04:58

    Hi!i have a friend in taiwan who also have a house in hongkong,she offer me to work there,but the consequences is,I just want to work there in hongkong together with my son as one flight and to be a permanent resident there...is that possible?if that so,how's the process and the requirements needed both me and my employer...thanks!

    • Replied by: Shun   Jun. 14, 2014 05:16

      To be a permanent resident there, you need stay in HK for seven years. As for the documents needed, you can consult the Immigration Department.

  • Replyhasmine    Jun. 07, 2014 08:32

    hello guys , i am hasmine from philippines. my bf wants me to go in hongkong because his working there. so i will travel alone. i have stamped from thailand because i been there once.. and i am 19 yrs old. with no work. his inviting me to go there this coming next month.. what should i prepare for immigration please help me ...

    • Replied by: Joyce   Jun. 10, 2014 02:39

      How long will you stay in HK?If you stay there for no more than 14 days, no visa is needed. You can just show your passport and your invitation letter to enter HK. If you stay longer, you need to apply for a visa in advance.

  • Replykim taclindo    May. 25, 2014 01:36

    Hi God Day. My husband got a work in hongkong and hes gonna start jul 2014. Iam a filipino and my child is half american and half filipino. My husband is american citizen. Were planning to stay with my husband while hes working there and have our child go to school. What is the visa required? And the processing? Thank you

    • Replied by: Rita   Jun. 06, 2014 21:36

      Read the info of this link to prepare what are needed:http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/hk-visas/dependents/guidebook.html

  • Replyakbar    Jun. 01, 2014 07:24

    sir,i belongs to indian and doing job in dubai, want to visit hongkong for 14 days to meet spouse she doing job there with her family..and frm hongkong want to go india please suggest can i proceed for ticket and tell me the cost of 14 days visa..?

    • Replied by: Celia   Jun. 06, 2014 21:31

      India passort holders are allowed to stay in HK for at most 14 days visa free, so you don't need a visa during your stay!

  • Replysubli    Jun. 02, 2014 04:21

    Hello i am a Nigerian pasport holder but im married to a filipina and i have a philipines marriage with marriage certificate wit a baby and i want to travel to hong kong for 3days to one week for a vacation and sight seeing..please what are the requirement or do i need to return back to nigeria before i can be able to get a hk visa? Thanks.

    • Replied by: Gloria   Jun. 06, 2014 21:29

      Hey, no need to go back to Nigeria for visa application. You can apply that directly in Phillipines. You can download a checklist and form that you have to submit through this link to prepare all:http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/hk-visas/visit-transit.html.

  • ReplyAbrar    Jun. 05, 2014 14:41

    Hi, I am a Pakistani national currently residing in Dubai, I am Travelling to Manila via HongKong, My question is that do I need a transit visa during transit and catching my next connecting flight to Manila and then back to Dubai.Thanks,

    • Replied by: Rita   Jun. 06, 2014 21:25

      No visa is needed for your transfer if you don't get out of the airport.

  • ReplyDahlia riza tsai    May. 16, 2014 03:26

    Hi im philippines passport holder i have taiwan residence ID , i want to travel to hongkong for 3 days only , do i need to get visa.thank you!

    • Replied by: Amir   May. 18, 2014 22:02

      No visa is needed. You are exempt from visa in hong kong for 14 days at most. Just enjoy your three days there.

  • Replybeija    May. 15, 2014 10:51

    hi, i study in shanghai. am a Congolese passport holder, married to a British citizen, i need to go to hk but i dont have time to apply for the visa since it takes 4 weeks and it's in Beijing, i was wondering if i could use our marriage certificate to get a pass to hk and get a visa once i am there? thanks

    • Replied by: Rita   May. 18, 2014 22:01

      i'm afraid not. You have to apply for a visa in advance.

  • ReplyWilma Agbuya    May. 05, 2014 22:08

    Hi im ofw here in hk and i want to visit beijing what document do i need? thanks

    • Replied by: Cindy   May. 06, 2014 22:14

      you need to apply the visa to Mainland China if you want to visit Beijing.

  • ReplyZEENAT AFTAB    Apr. 28, 2014 08:37

    HiI am a Pakistani National and my husband/ daughter are UAE NATIONALS. We have confirmed booking to Toronto through CATHEY PACIFIC . On Our way to Toronto we would like to stay in Hongkong for 4 days. Please advise if the immigration authority will give the visa for 4 days at the Airport.Thank you

    • Replied by: Cindy   Apr. 28, 2014 20:50

      as a Pakistani passport holder, you have to obtain a Hong Kong visa before departure if you plan to stay 4 days there, your husband and daughter, howevers, as UAE nationals, are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 30 days, so they don't need to apply the visa.

  • ReplyLEE    Apr. 25, 2014 03:24

    I am a Peoples Republic of China passport holder. I have been living in Singapore for 10 years. I wish to travel to Hong Kong for 3 days, then to Macau for 2 days, then fly back from Hong Kong to Singapore. Do I need any documents ? Pls assist me urgently. Thank you.

    • Replied by: Brenda   Apr. 27, 2014 21:38

      yes, you need to apply the travel permits to Hong Kong and Macau for your visit, and the documents can be obtained through the Chinese Embassy in Singapore.

  • Replyely    Apr. 21, 2014 23:37

    hi, im from Philippines and wants to travel hongkong as tourist. I just want to ask if is it ok to stay untill 14 days even i only get 3 days roundtrip ticket?

    • Replied by: Emma   Apr. 23, 2014 22:01

      yes, it is ok, but do not overstay.

  • Replymonina mangulabnan    Apr. 18, 2014 03:20

    i married before in chinese man.and i stay in hk for 3yrs and then i go back in phil.and 14yrs i didnt come back in hk.now i decide to go back in hk.it is possible that i cn renew my residency and become permanent in hk

    • Replied by: Brenda   Apr. 20, 2014 22:22

      i don't think it is possible.

  • ReplyNash    Apr. 12, 2014 04:58

    Hi...am ghanain in wuhan and I want to go further my education in philippines ..can I go with an invite only?

    • Replied by: Vivien   Apr. 13, 2014 22:53

      you should consult the Filipino embassy if you need a visa or other documents.

  • ReplyMaridel Oclarit    Mar. 20, 2014 01:54

    hai, i miss maridel oclarit a filipino who wants to visit hongkong for my 5 days with my cousin. i just want to ask if what is the requirements we need to visit in hongkong SAR. we need a visa or not? other than visa what else do we need...we booked already a two way ticket and we have already a valid passport and accommodation to stay with, aside from this what else do we need to comply our visit in hongkong SAR...thank you, i'm waiting for your reply.

    • Replied by: Jeanifer   Mar. 20, 2014 21:06

      no. Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need to apply the visa. aside from the documents you've mentioned, you also need to take some pocket money, i heard you need to take at least USD 100 per day for one person.

    • Replied by: Maridel Oclarit   Mar. 23, 2014 21:19

      thank you for your reply, but i have some question again, about currency i have a venezuelan bolivar currency my employer give me this when i'm in singapore last 2007 working as a caregiver and all around..i have a question would hongkong banks exchange this venezuelan bolivar or any money changer exchange this kind of money...

    • Replied by: Jeanifer   Mar. 23, 2014 21:26

      I'm afraid you can not exchange that directly. some one says you have to exchange the venezuelan bolivar into US dollars first, and then exchange to other currency.

    • Replied by: Maridel Oclarit   Mar. 30, 2014 22:47

      again, thank you jeanifer for your reply...But how can i change my venezuelan bolivar to US dollar? If you know anything about how to change these currency just please tell me...Is it in the bank or what kind of establishment well exchange bolivar to US dollar...Thank you and more power for the warriors travel for this open suggestion box for people who have questioned like me...thank you and GODSPEED

    • Replied by: Jeanifer   Mar. 30, 2014 22:51

      you can exchange it in the bank.

  • ReplyChat    Mar. 29, 2014 10:24

    ...Hello! I will be going to hongkong with my boyfriend for 4 days. We are teaching in a government public school. What documents should be prepared to show in immigration?

    • Replied by: Bill   Mar. 30, 2014 22:49

      where are you from? people from different countries are required differently. some need to apply the visa but some does not.

  • ReplyDeepak    Mar. 27, 2014 11:48

    I am from india and i have book my hongkong roundtrip ticket for 5 days, please help me i need hk visa or not ?????

    • Replied by: Hebe   Mar. 30, 2014 22:47

      no, you don't need the visa for your five day tour in Hong Kong.

  • ReplyJean    Mar. 22, 2014 06:25

    Hi.. Is there any rules or anything if il invite my husband here in hongkong to visit me? What should I prepare/do to invite him?Any one who can help me please ... Thanks a lot

    • Replied by: David   Mar. 23, 2014 21:56

      where r ur hunsband from? i mean what is his nationality?u should first write him an invitation letter. how long is he plan to stay in HK?

    • Replied by: Jean   Mar. 23, 2014 22:27

      He is a Filipino holing a Phil passport Just for couple of days maybe 14days.. Is that okay? What should I do? And how how should I do it?

    • Replied by: David   Mar. 24, 2014 21:47

      yes, it is ok. Filipino passport holders are exempt from hong Kong visa for 14 days. he need to prepare round-trip air tickets and some pocket money. you need to write an invitation letter stating that you will provide accommodation for him, if not, he also need to provide hotel reservation in Hong kong.

    • Replied by: Jean   Mar. 24, 2014 22:14

      Thank David.. Do you have any copies of invitation letter???And do I need to give a letter to the immigration of Phil and here in Hong Kong? Please email me if you have copies.. Thanks a lot godbless you..

    • Replied by: David   Mar. 25, 2014 21:31

      i'ms sorry Jean, i don't have a copy. but you can search an example online. you should give the letter to your husband.

  • Replyjoy    Mar. 21, 2014 04:42

    i am a filipina. i have 1 month round trip ticket to hk. but i dont visa yet. i have an invitation letter from a hk resident there. does the immigration would let me enter hongkong? what should i do?

    • Replied by: richard   Mar. 23, 2014 21:51

      one month?Filipino passport holders are exempt from hong kong visa for 14 days, if you want to stay for one month, you have to apply a visa.

  • ReplyRichard    Mar. 19, 2014 16:30

    I'm a gambian wanted to travel to Hong Kong with visa free for gambia passport holder but my destination is china. My question is, is it possible for me to apply for china visa as tourist in Hong Kong since there are no Chinese embassy/consulates in GAMBIA

    • Replied by: Jeremy   Mar. 19, 2014 22:40

      no, you can not apply the Chinese visa in Hong Kong.

    • Replied by: Richard   Mar. 20, 2014 02:00

      Thanks Jeremy for your reply and it helps. What are the documents I need to take with me as one of the Countries citizens that is visa free to Hong Kong?

    • Replied by: Jeremy   Mar. 20, 2014 21:03

      your valid passport, round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation in Hong Kong, and some pocket money.

 First   Previous    3    4    5    6    7    Next  Last