Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    2    3    4    5    6    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replywinnah    Aug. 17, 2014 09:15

    Hi. I am from Philippines working in the UAE. I want to book a flight from Dubai to Hong Kong and after 3 days of stay in Hong Kong then go to Philippines. Do I need a visa for my 3 days in Hong Kong?

    • Replied by: Blair   Aug. 21, 2014 02:10

      No visa is needed for your three-day stay there, for Philippines passport holders are allowed to stay in HK for no more than 14 days, exempt from visa. Just show them your round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof.

  • Replymitzi    Aug. 05, 2014 14:02

    Hi..We will be going to Philippines from dubai via Cathay Pacific. In transit, there is 5 hours before our Hongkong to Manila flight. Can we go out the hongkong airport and roam around? I am a Filipino but my husband is Syrian? Do we need any visa to go outside the hongkong airport?

    • Replied by: Rita   Aug. 11, 2014 21:08

      According to the regulation, you can get out of the airport without any problem, but your husband need to show a visa if he wants to leave HKIA.

  • Replylany galang    Aug. 09, 2014 08:49

    hi. im filipina working here in hongkong as domestic helper,, myhusband want to visit me here for 5 days what documents may he prepare..? thank you..

    • Replied by: Shonali   Aug. 11, 2014 21:06

      Does he also hold Phillipine passport? If so, he just need to prepare air ticket for around trip and hotel reservation proof.

  • Replygideon    Jul. 28, 2014 22:03

    am a ghanaian student in china, wish to visit macau and hong kong for visiting purposes , do i need a pre visa or any money requirements?

    • Replied by: Wendy   Jul. 29, 2014 21:43

      To visit Macao, you can enjoy the visa on arival, but you have to apply for the HK visa in advance. Since you are in China mainland, you can apply for it in Beijing.

  • ReplyAmelia    Jul. 28, 2014 20:34

    I am South African passport holder and I will be attending a conference in Naijing in September for a week. Do I need to have money in my bank account ?

    • Replied by: Shun   Jul. 29, 2014 21:40

      First of all, would you tell me what type of visa would you apply for? Anyway, as I know, sometimes it is required to show the recent 6-month bank statement.

  • Replymalik    Jul. 13, 2014 11:42

    hi...i m malik sheraz..i am from pakistan..and i am liveng in cyprus.i am going philipen for holidays..i can applye hongkong visa from philipen??thanx

    • Replied by: Linda   Jul. 29, 2014 03:04

      Yes, you can try to apply by directly mailing necessary documents to HK Immigraton Department in Wan Chai HK.

  • Replymedelyn joy becera    Jul. 17, 2014 12:56

    Hi there! I'm joy .Have a good day to you?I have plan to go visit in Hong Kong for 3 days this coming October 2014.What Documents needed in Philippine Embassy going to Hong Kong?Please advice me what I am going to prepare documents needed to go visit in Hong Kong it's my first time to travel.Many thanks to you!!

    • Replied by: Ashar   Jul. 29, 2014 03:03

      Your round trip tickets to HK, hotel booking in HK, your itinerary, your bank statement with at least around 6 monthes' history, passport and application form with recent taken photos are needed for applying.

  • Replyhydee    Jul. 19, 2014 06:17

    Hello my name is hydee and am from nigeria base here in qattar..i want to come to hong kong on tourist visa and what kind of document do i need and what location is your embassy in doha

    • Replied by: Susan   Jul. 27, 2014 05:34

      You can go to local Chinese consulate to apply for a visa. You can search this link to get the document you need for visa application:http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/hk-visas/visit-transit.html

  • Replykim    Jul. 21, 2014 10:11

    Hi iam a philippine passport holder and we have a plan to visit my husband working in hongkong he is american citizen. So me and my american citizen daughter will visit hongkong.my question is is it possible that ia will be exempted for 14 days free visa due to the fact that iam traveling with ameriiacn citizen which has 90 days free visa

    • Replied by: Joe   Jul. 27, 2014 05:20

      The truth is that Philippine passport holders are exempt from visa for 14 days in HK according to the regulations. What is your concern?

  • ReplyHAILY Jam    Jul. 08, 2014 03:30

    Hello Im Filipina, me and my american bf planning to travel to Hk this October/November2014. Im still unsure if Im visa free as what happen recently between Hk and Phil. As I remembered the visa-free access for filipinos has been cancelled , this is the reason I want to ask you and want know if I really need visa or not to travel to Hk this yr. Im a regular passport holder we will be staying for a week at max. Thank IA HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

    • Replied by: Martin   Jul. 10, 2014 04:11

      Yes, you are right that you need a visa to travel there. Since end of Jan. this year, HK cancelled the 14 days free visa policy for Filipinos.

    • Replied by: Hailly Jam   Jul. 20, 2014 01:55

      Aaawh really? :(

    • Replied by: Eillen   Jul. 27, 2014 04:09

      No, it isn 't cancelled. Only visa-free access with diplomacy purpose is cancelled. Therefore, you can stay stay in HK for no more than 14 days visa free.

  • ReplyMitchie    Jul. 12, 2014 18:58

    Im working in hk but i applied a company in uae they send me working visa thats enough documents i need in hongkong airport?

    • Replied by: Helen   Jul. 13, 2014 05:40

      I don't understand. What is your problem with the working visa?

  • Replybilly   Hong Kong, China    Jul. 06, 2014 21:46

    Hi, what is the requirements for tourist visa in hongkong.

    • Replied by: Kikina   Jul. 10, 2014 04:15

      People from some countries are allowed to stay in HK for some days with the purpose of tourism. Make it clear whether your country is among that! If not, here is the basic creteria for visa application:1. have a minimum validity on your passport of 1 month beyond the intended stay (or the duration of the visa may be restricted so that there will be one month after the visa expiry)2.have onward or return travel arrangements3. have sufficient funds for your stay without working (based on Immigration's definition, not yours) 4. not have a serious criminal record or be likely to be involved in crime, nor be considered a security riskFor more info, you can get through this link:http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/hk-visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html

  • ReplyEi Ei Thwin    Jul. 09, 2014 15:07

    Hello I am a myanmar passort holder and I would like to visit to hong kong. I am working in dubai now. Please guide whether I need to apply visit visa to Hong Kong and where should I apply it. Thanks!

    • Replied by: Tina   Jul. 10, 2014 04:07

      Yes, you need apply for a tourist visa to travel there. As you stay in Dubai, go to China consulate in this region to apply for that!

  • ReplyNorma Valdez    Jun. 28, 2014 02:25

    Hi sir/mam,I'm a ofw here in HK and my friend planning to visit me here for 4 days. What documents he will need to prepare. ?And how about if have stop over here came from other country can we go out to immigration to see them?bec. They will have stop over here for 3 hours.

    • Replied by: Lisa   Jun. 28, 2014 05:08

      May I know what country your friend is from? People from some countries are exempt from visa to stay for some days in HK. And if you only wanna meet during his stopover, it also depends on which country he is from.

  • Replyylber    Jun. 22, 2014 10:58

    Hi,My name is Ylber and I am albanian. I have a visa for study purposes in Hong Kong. As my study will be of 3 years and I dont know when will be my next return home during the first year do I need in any case the return ticket or is enough my one way plane ticket to enter? I just want to know if at the airport the authorities will let me enter just with the one way ticket. I have all the docs of the university and the visa issued by the Immigration Department. plese let me know, Thank you very much, Ylber

    • Replied by: Collan   Jun. 28, 2014 05:06

      Theoretically, as you have all the documents of the university and visa, there won't be any problem only with a one way air ticket! Don't worry!

  • ReplyDoug M    Jun. 21, 2014 23:59

    Hello I'm from USA and my Future wife is from Philippins and is working in Hong Kong. I am going in Dec to meet her family in the Philippines but I want to meet up with her in HK so we can fly to her home together. What do I need to enter HK and stay a night before flying to Philippines the next day maybe two day lay over?

    • Replied by: Jill   Jun. 22, 2014 05:36

      No visa is needed for you. So please do not worry. It is suggested to prepare the flights' tickets and the hotel booking order when passing the immigration.

  • Replyanne    Jun. 21, 2014 19:47

    Hi! I'm Anne, I am Filipino, working in Singapore as a domestic helper, do I need a visa going to HongKong for 4 days only?Thanks!

    • Replied by: Carmen   Jun. 22, 2014 05:33

      If you have a Philippine passport, no visa is needed for entering HK for only four days.

  • Replydike henry    Jun. 21, 2014 11:05

    Hi my name is dike henry,please how days do I have For a business trip to hong kong,How many days will I get for a business visa.

    • Replied by: Penny   Jun. 22, 2014 05:31

      Usually, it takes around 4 to 6 weeks to get your visa.

  • ReplyFranz    Jun. 10, 2014 04:58

    Hi!i have a friend in taiwan who also have a house in hongkong,she offer me to work there,but the consequences is,I just want to work there in hongkong together with my son as one flight and to be a permanent resident there...is that possible?if that so,how's the process and the requirements needed both me and my employer...thanks!

    • Replied by: Shun   Jun. 14, 2014 05:16

      To be a permanent resident there, you need stay in HK for seven years. As for the documents needed, you can consult the Immigration Department.

  • Replyhasmine    Jun. 07, 2014 08:32

    hello guys , i am hasmine from philippines. my bf wants me to go in hongkong because his working there. so i will travel alone. i have stamped from thailand because i been there once.. and i am 19 yrs old. with no work. his inviting me to go there this coming next month.. what should i prepare for immigration please help me ...

    • Replied by: Joyce   Jun. 10, 2014 02:39

      How long will you stay in HK?If you stay there for no more than 14 days, no visa is needed. You can just show your passport and your invitation letter to enter HK. If you stay longer, you need to apply for a visa in advance.

 First   Previous    2    3    4    5    6    Next  Last