Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    28    29    30    31    32    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replymsled   Philippines    Aug. 24, 2010 02:22

    hi! my 7 year old daughter & i are travelling to hong kong & will stay there for 4 days... see disney park & all... do we need to secure a visa? & since shes only 7, a minor, what documents are needed to present at the airport apart from her passport?thank u:)

    • Replied by: Lily   Aug. 24, 2010 21:29

      no, you don't need to apply the HK visa. besides your passports, i think you need to provide your round-trip air tickets.

  • ReplySarah   Pakistan    Aug. 22, 2010 14:51

    I have a Thai Air flight from Pakistan to Thailand via Hong Kong. I wouldn't be leaving the Hong Kong airport or perhaps wouldn't be even required to change aircraft even.

    My travel agent checked with Thai Air and told me that I won't be needing any visa for Hong Kong. I wanted to re-check. Hence, please let me know if I need Hong Kong transit visa. Thank you.

    • Replied by: Bill   Aug. 22, 2010 21:24

      don't worry Sarah,
      you don't need a HK visa

  • ReplyJovelle Alfeche   Philippines    Aug. 14, 2010 14:43

    Goodday,Im Jov from Philippines planning to travel Macau for less than 14 days.Im still a college student and no funds to show,but my friend is going to sponsor me everything for my tour,is there possibility for me to be denied .

    Please help me what are the requirements for me to show. proof that i am there to visit a friend,or what are the possible question may ask for me?


    • Replied by: Elva   Aug. 14, 2010 21:57

      don't worry about it , Philippine passport holders are exempted from Macau visa for 30 days, so you don't need to prepare for the documents.

  • Replylemartinien   India    Aug. 10, 2010 14:21

    hi, i'm from cote d'ivoire.
    i need to go to hong kong or shangai (CHINE) to give my exam in cisco center only for 2 day.
    But i stay and study in India.
    please, i'm not resident from india ,but i don't no how to get visa on for 5 day to go to CHINA,whithout go back to my country.
    If someone know how to do that in India. Please help me.

    • Replied by: Lily   Aug. 10, 2010 20:10

      don't worry about it , you may just go to the Chinese Embassy in India and apply a China Visa for mainland China or HK.

  • ReplyBhawna   India    Aug. 05, 2010 03:42

    I have got a single entry visa to hong kong..will i be able to travel to macau for a day trip and then get back to hong kong..Kindly let me know

    • Replied by: anna ( India )   Aug. 07, 2010 21:01

      i think you cannot.

  • ReplyYaw   Ghana    Jul. 28, 2010 05:48

    Hi, I want to find out if a Ghanaian passport holder who is already in Mainland China needs a visa to go to Hong Kong to re-apply for a visa to the Mainland

    Thank you

    • Replied by: Tina   Jul. 28, 2010 20:33

      yes Yaw,
      you need to apply a HK visa first and re-apply a visa for China Mainland.

    • Replied by: Yaw ( Ghana )   Jul. 29, 2010 03:11

      Thank you very much Tina

  • ReplyNemia   Philippines    Jul. 11, 2010 23:45

    hi! I'm from the Philippines, i believe that i don't need to have a visa to go to hongkong, what if i'm in hongkong already and then i want to visit my husband's place in Shenzhen, what do i need to provide?

    • Replied by: Lily   Jul. 12, 2010 20:20

      how long do you plan to stay in Shenzhen?

  • Replywong   Singapore    Jul. 08, 2010 11:38

    hi just wanna ask if a singapore PR but holding china's passport can enter HK without applying for a visa? thanks very much

    • Replied by: anna   Jul. 10, 2010 20:56

      you don't need a HK visa, but you need to apply an Exit-Entry permit for travelling to and from Hong Kong.

  • ReplyRaja    Jul. 09, 2010 03:49

    I am from Pakistan... i want to visit to HK on 05 Aug 2010 for 2-3days., i have Valid Visa of China.

    please tell me if i need VISA ..

    • Replied by: anna   Jul. 10, 2010 20:51

      you need to apply a HK Visa.

  • ReplyLeo   Uzbekistan    Jul. 09, 2010 07:13

    Hi My wife is an australian permanent resident with Uzbekistan passport. We are going to Jakarta with stop over in Hong Kong. Does she need a visa if we want to stay 1 or 2 nights? I hold australian passport. We live in Australia.

    • Replied by: Lily   Jul. 10, 2010 20:49

      yes, she need apply a HK visa

  • ReplyKevin   Philippines    Jun. 25, 2010 09:42

    I'm a native born chinese citizen holding a Taiwan passport. We're planning to go to Hong Kong this October. Do I need to apply for travel permit and visa?

    • Replied by: Brenda   Jun. 26, 2010 19:53

      hi Kevin,
      you need to apply for a HK travel permit.

  • ReplyJhen   Philippines    Jun. 20, 2010 22:37

    I am a Filipino and I am currently working here in China. I have a residence permit for foreigners valid for 1 year. If I want to go to Hong Kong for a day by sea (to check on our shipment), do I still need a visa? If yes, what do I need to do? Thanks!

    • Replied by: anna   Jun. 21, 2010 04:43

      hi, i think you d'not need a HK visa for Filipine passport holders can stay in HK without a visa for 14 days.

  • Replysheehama david   Hong Kong, China    Jun. 19, 2010 04:03

    i frm namibia enter hongkong by visa free but i wont to change to the hongkong residence permit how should i obtain it then whom i should consult for the processing

    • Replied by: Lily   Jun. 20, 2010 19:57

      hi, you need to consult the Immigration Department of HK, here is the official website

  • Replyarjun   Nepal    Jun. 18, 2010 07:24

    shoree i just to ask nepali passport holder
    can apply hong kong working visa

    • Replied by: Arthur   Jun. 18, 2010 19:42

      I think anybody can apply for Hk work visa, no matter which country you are from.

  • ReplyJoevan Magbanua   Philippines    Jun. 17, 2010 23:05

    hi, i am from the Philippines and I entered HongKong last June 14,2010,when is the maximum date should I exit HK?is the 14-day period reckoned from 14th or 15th?thanks for your help.

    • Replied by: anna   Jun. 18, 2010 05:07

      hi, i think it should be reckoned for the day you entered HK, that is the 14th, so the maximum date should be 27th.

  • Replytk   Philippines    Jun. 13, 2010 17:47

    hi, i live herein philippines.. i am planning to visit hong kong for 14 days, i know i don't need visa... but is there any chance of me being denied entry because i'm a filipino? i have bank statement to prove i have money, and have paper word to prove i have a job in philipines.. is that enough to prove that i won't try to stay in hong illegally and seek employment? would they question me and won't let me in? please help me....

    • Replied by: Brenda   Jun. 16, 2010 20:39

      hi tk,
      don't worry about it. if you've got all the required documents, there will no difficulties for you to come to Hong Kong. have a nice trip!

  • Replyh d d amila udayanga perera   Sri Lanka    Jun. 11, 2010 07:30

    im sri lanka i want visit hongkong next julybut i want get visa bec i need someembassy requirements thank you

    • Replied by: anna   Jun. 11, 2010 19:52

      hi, these are the requirements for a HK visit/business visa:
      Visit /Business Visa

      1. Copy of the passport face page and the previous HK visa
      (you need to make sure Make sure that your passport has at least 6 month validity and at least 2 blank pages; you need to complete visa application form with one recent passport-size color photograph. )

      2. Sponsor letter from Hong Kong

      3. Local company covering letter (The company address, contact number and the detailed visiting purpose should be correctly and clearly stated.)

      4. Company bank statement (latest month)

      5. Travel itinerary

      6. Copy of BRC (Business Registration Certificate)

      7. Company pay sheet (last 3 month)

      8. Documents mentioned in Part I

      9. Other supporting documents requested by visa officer
      For more detialed information, you may refer to the following website http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm

  • ReplyMyra lupiba   Philippines    Jun. 08, 2010 12:45

    I will be travelling w/ my sister and our kids.From the Philippines , we will use macau as our entry point and Hk as our exit point. Are we required to stay in macau for a day or 2 before going to HK? or is it ok to land in macau and stay for anjight then proceed to HK immediately?

    • Replied by: anna   Jun. 08, 2010 21:10

      Filipine passport holders can stay in HK without a visa for 14 days and in Macau without a visa for 30 days. so i think it's ok for you to stay in Macau for a night then proceed to HK.

  • Replyjeccey   Ireland    Jun. 08, 2010 18:35

    hallo there,i hold a kenyan passport but am a resident(not citizen) in ireland and living there,i would like to visit hong kong for business,a week or so,i can't seem to get any visa information,how do i go about it?please help.thanks

    • Replied by: anna   Jun. 08, 2010 20:36

      you may go to the Kenyan Embassy in Ireland. by the way, you are free of visa in HK for 90 days.

  • Replyvan   Viet Nam    Jun. 08, 2010 08:15

    Hi, i'm holding a vietnamese passport and i want to travel to hk for 7 days, do i need a visa for it? Many thanks-

    • Replied by: Brenda   Jun. 08, 2010 20:32

      yes van, you need to apply a HK visa.

 First   Previous    28    29    30    31    32    Next  Last