Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    25    26    27    28    29    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replyryan   Malaysia    May. 29, 2011 19:51

    hi,i am ryan from malaysia.I am working in Japan now,and i plan fly to HK next week for as the translator .
    My question is do i need the VISA to HK?

    please reply my letter ASAP ,thanks.

    • Replied by: Fiona   May. 29, 2011 20:00

      Hi Ryan,
      Malaysia passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa up to 90 days. so if you stay longer than 90 days, you need a Hong kong visa.

  • ReplyRoberto   China    Mar. 25, 2009 12:43

    I am a student from Cuba holding a resident permit in mainland China until July 2009. I want to travel to Hong Kong for a week. Do I require a visa or a special permit for that?
    Please provide me with some info on this? Thank you!!

    • Replied by: WarriorTours.com  Mar. 26, 2009 04:35

      Yes, you will need to apply a Hong Kong visa. For detailed procedures, please refer to the page http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/services.htm.

      Thanks for supporting warriortours.com!

    • Replied by: kamran ( Pakistan )   May. 27, 2011 15:04

      Its only official passport or diplomatic passport. Visa is required on ordinary Pakistan Passport

  • Replyarmando valdez   Canada    May. 22, 2011 13:43

    i am a holder of phil.passport and currently working here in canada.i am planning of staying in hongkong for a week before going home in the Philippines,do i need a visa or travel documents to stay in hk for a week?please help me,thank you very much

    • Replied by: Mark   May. 22, 2011 19:41

      hi Arm,
      Philippine passport holders are exempt from Hong kong visa for 14 days. so if you plan to stay for a week, you don't need to apply a visa.

  • Replyneelesh   India    May. 22, 2011 01:32

    hi my name is neelesh and i am from india am pllanning to visit hong kong to meet my friend for two or three days do i need visa to visit my friend in hk please let me know asap am planning to visit my friend in july.

    • Replied by: Jim   May. 22, 2011 01:41

      hi neelesh,
      read the above article, esp the table, carefully, you may find the answer you need.

  • Replyhariprashanth   Sri Lanka    May. 17, 2011 08:06

    hi im a sri lankan staying in malaysia. do i need visa to enter Hong Kong. can i get it on arrival??

    • Replied by: Victoria   May. 17, 2011 23:18

      yes, you need to apply a Hong Kong visa before you go there.and you can not get it on arrival.

  • ReplyAdi   Malaysia    May. 10, 2011 23:12

    If I'm a Malaysian and an Official Passport Holder working in Vietnam, I will be exempted for a Visa to enter Hong Kong right?

    • Replied by: Frank   May. 11, 2011 22:44

      hi Adi,
      Malaysian passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 90 days.

  • ReplyAdi   Viet Nam    May. 10, 2011 00:05

    I'm a Malaysian working and staying in Hanoi, Vietnam.

    Do I need to apply for Visa from China Embassy here in Hanoi.

    Thank you and Regards.

    • Replied by: Emily   May. 10, 2011 22:44

      Malaysian passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 90 days, so you don't need to apply a Hong Kong Visa.

  • ReplyGyan B.gurung   Hong Kong, China    May. 04, 2011 08:15

    I am neplase I want to visit HK for one week.Now i am working kingdom of saudi.I have to plan to visit Hk and meet my best friend in HK.Who is HK ID holder.She was working in HK almost 17 years.Now i am going to apply visit visa for Hk.Any documents need from my best friend from Hk?

    thank you

    • Replied by: Mark   May. 04, 2011 21:15

      Your friends should complete application form (ID 1003B); Photocopy of her Hong Kong identity card; Photocopy of her travel document containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry, and the latest arrival stamp/extension of stay label in the HKSAR (for non-permanent resident of the HKSAR only).

  • ReplyAnn   Australia    May. 03, 2011 09:36

    I am entering HK via the port from a cruise ship and then going straight to the international airport to fly to Shanghai the same day. Do I need a Hong Kong visa?
    I will have a chinese visa for my entry to Shanghai. Thank you.

    • Replied by: Lisa   May. 03, 2011 21:40

      No, Australian passport holders are exempt from visa to Hk for as long as 90 days in fact.

  • ReplyRavindran mathiyoly   Sri Lanka    Apr. 24, 2011 07:08

    Dear Sir,

    I am srilankan i have china resident permit visa, i want to visit hongkong, how to get hongkong visa please advise and what documents require.

    • Replied by: Kelly   Apr. 24, 2011 23:35

      you can refer to the requirements and " Where to apply the hong Kong visa" mentioned in this article.

  • ReplyAndy   Nigeria    Apr. 20, 2011 16:03

    i have 1 year chinese multiple visa, i want to visit HK and come back to china. Can i apply for visa in beijin? If yes, what and what documents is required? Thank you

    • Replied by: Nemo   Apr. 20, 2011 22:38

      hi andy,
      you mean apply the Hong Kong visa in beijing?
      yes, you can.
      for the required documents, you may refer to the above article. also your mutiple china visa is required.

  • ReplySamuel   Ghana    Oct. 04, 2009 17:40

    I am a ghanaian, i want to visit my girl friend in Hongkong will i need a visa to visit HK...i will be Glad to have further details from you, Thank you..

    • Replied by: SAMUEL ( Ghana )   Apr. 18, 2011 07:46


    • Replied by: vivian   Apr. 18, 2011 23:05

      Ghana passport holders are required a Hong Kong visa when visiting Hong Kong.

  • ReplyFire   Hong Kong, China    Sep. 21, 2009 12:20

    Citizens of following countries are no longer can come to Hong Kong without visa!
    Sri lanka

    • Replied by: JONATHAN ( Ghana )   Apr. 18, 2011 07:54


    • Replied by: Bill   Apr. 18, 2011 23:03

      yes, Jonathan,
      you need to apply for a Hong Kong visa.

  • ReplyZahid Ali   Pakistan    Apr. 14, 2011 07:35

    Hello, I am interested to visit Hong Kong to explore new are of business in the field of Medical, kindly let me how I get Hong Kong visa and what is the visa application requirements

    • Replied by: Bill   Apr. 17, 2011 01:45

      the visa application procedure ususally lasts for about one month.
      for the detailed information about visa application, please refer to

  • Replyrenu   Nepal    Mar. 17, 2011 00:16

    I'm from Nepal, I have to reach Nanjing, China. Since im holding official passport, i was told no visa is required for China. But i have transit at Hongkong.Do i have to apply for transit visa for HOngkong?

    • Replied by: Kelly   Mar. 20, 2011 02:20

      yes renu, a Hong Kong is required.
      you may get more information here:

  • ReplySachin Patil   India    Mar. 16, 2011 10:48

    I am Indian & I come to China(I have china visa for 30 days) from HK on 9 march. I want go back to India on 24 march from HK. So is it OK as on my visa only 14 days permit.

    • Replied by: Sally   Mar. 16, 2011 22:39

      it's OK. when you go to HK on 24 March, it is another entry.

  • Replyarjay   United Arab Emirates    Mar. 11, 2011 12:13

    hi i am filipino,and im here at abu dhabi united arab emirates and i just want visit my girlfriend in kowloon city,hongkong.o i need to get visa?an where i should get?

    • Replied by: Jack   Mar. 13, 2011 01:53

      philippine passport holders are exempt from HK visa for 14 days, if you want stay longer than 14 days, you need to apply a HK visa. you can go to the Chinese Embassy in United Arab Emirates for visa application.

  • Replygyan gurung   Nepal    Feb. 07, 2011 05:24

    I am from nepal and i want to visit hong kong for 14 days .how to apply hong kong visit visa.Can you give some information?

    • Replied by: Hank   Feb. 07, 2011 20:37

      You may just apply for it from the China Embassy in Nepal.

  • ReplyZoe   Australia    Feb. 02, 2011 23:11

    Hi, i hold an australian passport. My colleague holds a Singaporean passport. Do i need a business visa for a short business trip to hk?

    • Replied by: Linda   Feb. 06, 2011 01:28

      Both your collegue and you are exempt from visa to Hk for as long as 90 days.

  • ReplyAbey   Ethiopia    Feb. 02, 2011 03:24

    I want to buy goods to sell in my country. Then what must i do to travel for certain days again and again thanks for your information

    • Replied by: Hank   Feb. 06, 2011 01:20

      You have to apply for a multiple HK visit visa.

 First   Previous    25    26    27    28    29    Next  Last