Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    24    25    26    27    28    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replysadruddin talpur,   Pakistan
    2011/8/7 3:16:00

    Hello Sir,
    My name is Sadruddin Talpur,by profession I am a Police officer and I hold official/Gratis passport from pakistan which will expires in May 2012,currently I am working as Peace keeper in Sudan africa,I want to visit Hongkong just for 12 days from Karachi,do i need any other document or visa on my official passport or just My Official Passport is enough to enter Hongkong because as I read that 14 days are free on official passport from Pakistan
    Thank you.

    • tina :2011/8/7 19:01:00

      yes, you're right.
      PAKISTAN Diplomatic or Official Passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need to apply the visa.
      your passport, round-trip air ticket, hotel voucher for room reservation will do.

  • ReplyLinda,   Indonesia
    2011/8/6 4:22:00

    Hii, Im Indonesian passport holder and my bf malaysian passport holder. We plan to visit Beijing for travelling. Can we just take direct flight with MAS from KLIA to Beijing International Airport (as I read above we got 30 days free visa) or do we still need to apply visa to enter Beijing? Kindly advice. Thanks..

    • Selina :2011/8/6 23:01:00

      hi Linda,
      you are visa free for 30 days in Hong Kong, but not in mainland China.
      so both of you need to apply a Chinese Tourist visa.

  • Replyyann,   Malaysia
    2011/8/5 6:56:00

    hello, i am holding malaysia passport. i am going to enter Hong kong from shenzhen. at the immigration at shenzhen, what document should i provide to the officer?
    thank you very much.

    • Fiona :2011/8/6 23:02:00

      your valid passport and other travel documents such as air/ship ticket to the third place, hotel voucher of room reservation.

  • Replyred,   Philippines
    2011/8/3 5:15:00

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    I would like to ask, what are the documents need to get working visa in Hong Kong, One company hired me in HK, but they don't know what are the requirements for me to get a working visa, I am a Philippine passport holder, I am currently in Macau, I will go to Hong Kong tomorrow.

    Please let me know the procedure how to get working visa and the requirements.

    • Iris :2011/8/3 19:57:00

      hi red,
      both you and the Hong Kong company need to submit some documents. as for you, apart from the basic documents of visa application, you also need to submit Photocopy of proof of academic qualifications and relevant working experience.
      as for the company, they need to provide documents about the company.
      for detailed information, you may refer to the official website of Hong Kong Immigration Department.

  • Replyhajra,   Pakistan
    2011/8/3 4:29:00

    hi, i am from pakistan.
    i want to know about the required documents to obtain a residence visa to hong kong.

    • Yoyo :2011/8/3 19:47:00

      Hi Hajra,
      apartfrom the basic documents mentioned in the above article, you need to submit an invitation letter from Hong kong, your return air ticket and the photocopy, the Hong Kong hotel voucher of room reservation,and your bank statement.

  • Replychelle,   Philippines
    2011/8/3 1:00:00


    i'll be travelling to hong kong this coming november for 4 days, but my passport is only valid until april 2012. november 2011 is the start of the 6-month period of passport validity (nov 2011 to apr 2012) in my case. do i have to renew my passport before i'm allowed to enter hong kong? thanks!

    • Susan :2011/8/3 19:24:00

      hi Chelle,
      Filipino passport holders have a 14-day visa-free period in Hong Kong, so you just need to make sure your passport has a validity of more than 44 days from the day you enter Hong Kong, and do not need to renew your passport.

  • Replygina relatado,   Thailand
    2011/7/29 21:12:00

    Hi...Im here in Thailand working with a Thai work permit...I want to go to Hongkong on October for 6 days and i will be booking my round trip ticket and hotel soon. So i need answers to these questions:

    1.do i need a visa to get there?
    2. if i need a visa when would be the soonest time i could apply for it here in Bangkok.
    3.do i need an amount of money for show?

    • May :2011/7/30 20:59:00

      hi gina,
      you don't need a visa. just your valid passport, round-trip ticket and hotel reservation will do.

  • ReplyJona Domadiego,   Philippines
    2011/7/27 3:20:00

    The bestfriend of my fiance give us a gift to travel in hongkong on 1st week of augost,but unlucky my fiance is busy so i want to take this travel with my friend.do i need a invetation from the person inviete us?he is not a hongkong citizen but he base in hongkong for few long years and working in Hongkog Costom....pleas give me an advice...and what king of invetation i need its my first time to travel hongkong...thank you...

    • Ashley :2011/7/27 18:20:00

      hi Jona,
      Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need to apply the Hong Kong visa. an invitation letter is not necessary, but it would be better if you have one.
      actually, your fiance's friend may know clearly as you mentioned he's work in the Hong Kong Customs, and you may ask him about it.

  • ReplyNomi,   Greece
    2011/7/24 22:54:00

    HellO sir

    I am a Pakistani living in Greece and I want to visit hongkong so do I
    Need to apply for visa or not?

    • Sandy :2011/7/25 19:04:00

      yes Nomi,
      you need to apply the Hong Kong visa.
      you can go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in Greece.

  • Replynisha,   Malaysia
    2011/7/20 3:28:00

    Hi I have 2 friend who currently working in HSBC Malaysian and they required to work for 6 month in HOng kong HSBC. What document required and where shall i apply it?

    • Sasha :2011/7/20 18:51:00

      you can ask the HSBK in Hong Kong to help you apply the visa, which is much more convenient.

  • Replysed,   Pakistan
    2011/7/17 9:22:00

    I'm a Pakistani citizen studying in the US. I would like to visit Hong Kong for a week for a leisure trip.
    Would it be quicker to apply for a visit visa through the Chinese embassy or by directly mailing the documents to the Hong Kong Immigration department. Someone informed me that the HK Immigration department takes around 4 weeks while the Chinese embassy may process it within a week. Is that true?

    Thank you for your consideration.


    • Emma :2011/7/17 19:28:00

      if your documents need to be mailed to Hong Kong Immigration department, it takes longer, as you mentioned, may be 4 weeks.
      but the documents still need to be mailed to Hong Kong even though you apply the visa through the embassy sometimes.
      i suggest you apply through the Chinese Embassy. it will take 4 working days if the documents do not need to be mailed to Hong Kong.

  • ReplyDennis,   Indonesia
    2011/7/11 19:49:00

    My Student visa in Hong Kong will be expired on this July 15. I am planning to go out from Hong Kong on July 15 in the morning to Shen Zhen or Macao. One thing that I want to ask is whether I can come back to HK on July 15 night and get 30 days more(Tourist visa) or I should go back on July 16?

    • Elizabeth :2011/7/12 19:40:00

      hi Dennis,
      i don't think it is possible, plus you need a visa if you go to Shenzhen.
      so you can go to Macau on 15th and go back on 16th or maybe 2 or 3 days later.
      whether you can go back to Hong Kong and get the 30 days depends on the officer at the customs sometimes.

  • Replyarlyn,   Philippines
    2011/7/11 6:41:00

    my friend and i will travel hongkong on july 21 and our ticket back to philippines is aug 10 so meaning our ticket duration is more than 14 days exceeding to the allowable days of stay in hongkong, nevertheless by july 26 we will travel from hongkong to indonesia and be back to hongkong on aug 8,2 days prior to our departure to hongkong. my question is what particular documents are we going to prepare to the chinese immigration?

    • Sabrina :2011/7/11 19:10:00

      hi Arlyn,
      just your valid passport and may be the air tickets.
      for your case, you may be granted another 14 days the second time you enter China.

  • ReplyPhong Mo,   United States
    2011/7/8 6:52:00


    I'm USA citizen and holding an US passport as well, do I need to apply for visa to travel to Hong Kong? for visiting.
    According to website, US citizens do not need a visa during the visa-free period. I just like to be sure.
    Thank you,

    • Peter :2011/7/9 23:31:00

      yes, you are right.
      US passport holders enjoy a visa free period up to 90 days.
      so you don't need a Hong Kong Visa if you stay in Hong Kong less than 90 days.

  • ReplyMichelle,   Australia
    2011/7/6 21:54:00


    I am holding a chinese passport& I m currently also holding a Australia work visa. I want to stay in hongkong for a week before I travel back to mainland china. do I need to apply a visa for stay in hongkong?

    • Vivian :2011/7/9 23:28:00

      hi Michelle,
      you don't need to apply a Hong Kong visa but an entry permit for Hong Kong. you can apply it in the Chinese Embassy in Australia.

  • Replytemmy,   Nigeria
    2011/7/7 2:58:00

    Dear sir,

    we want to vist hong kong for business purpose,how can we get the Visa to hong kong?

    your kind reply is needed

    Best Regard


    • Catrina :2011/7/9 23:27:00

      hi Temmy,
      you can apply the visa through the Chinese Embassy in your country.

  • ReplyMs.Lucy,   India
    2011/7/6 8:32:00

    Dear Sir.,

    we are republic of India from Hyderabad city of Andhra Pradesh state of India, holding valid passport and planning to visit Hong kog as a tourist interesting to see like Disney land , Macau city and Shenzhen trip.

    Family of five members adults including my mother of 75 yrs old [ senior citizen ] arriving in mid -July 2011 to stay 5 to 6 days

    kindly furnish details of granting the visa & documents requirements like size and back ground colur of photo's ' in number if any ....

    I will Thanking you , if you attach the form / proforma

    • Tina :2011/7/6 19:34:00

      Hi Lucy,
      India passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, and are exempt from Macau visa for 30 days. so you only need to apply for a tourist visa for mainland China if you want to go to Shenzhen.
      you need to apply it through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate office in India.
      1. Covering letter from your company or employer addressed to the visa office
      2.your valid passport;
      3. fully complete appliation form, which you can download from the official website of Chinese Embassy in India;
      4. a recently taken passport sized photo, usually white background.
      5. photocopy of your round-trip airtickets.
      6. you may be requested to provide the proof of travel expense.

  • Replytine,   Philippines
    2011/7/4 22:23:00

    I am Philippine passport holder, currently staying in China as a student. I want to go to Hong Kong for three days, do I need a visa or entry permit? Thank you.

    • Sandy :2011/7/5 18:56:00

      you can stay in Hong Kong free of visa for at most 14 days.

  • ReplyJohnson,   Malaysia
    2011/6/28 2:10:00

    i am a Nigerian.studying here in Malaysia.i want to visit HK for a week.what are the procedures i need so i can be in HK.?

    • hywaire :2011/6/28 18:51:00

      you need to go to the Chinese Embassy in Malaysia to get a Hong Kong visa for you.
      you need prepare the required documents. you can find the requirements from the above article.

  • Replyishor,   United Kingdom
    2011/6/27 14:51:00

    me and my wife are british citizen with hong kong permanent id card holder but our son born here in UK. How can we apply hk id card for our son from here in UK?

    • Tina :2011/6/27 18:56:00

      hi Ishor,
      you can not get the HK id for your son in UK.
      you can apply it by post or go to HK to apply it.

 First   Previous    24    25    26    27    28    Next  Last