Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    23    24    25    26    27    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyJames L.Basconcillo   Philippines    Aug. 15, 2011 06:35

    sir/madam i just want to know if i could apply a residential status also in hongkong coz my daughter sarah danielle basconcillo is studying in hongkong and born in hongkong while im here in the philippines already for good,thnk u so much sir/madam for our kind consideration.james l.basconcillo

    • Replied by: Judy   Aug. 15, 2011 20:00

      you can not get the residential status, but only apply a Hong Kong visit visa, and you can also apply for an extension before the visa expires.

  • Replypeter   Malaysia    Aug. 14, 2011 19:19

    Hi, do I need a visa if I want to travel to china from Hong kong after 90 days visa free period in Hong Kong?

    • Replied by: flora   Aug. 15, 2011 19:39

      yes, you need a China tourist visa whenever you go to China.

  • ReplyBobby Micheal   Malaysia    Aug. 14, 2011 02:13

    Hello sir/ma, my name is Bobby,am a Nigerian studying in Malaysia university with a Malaysian student visa in my Nigeria passport and I will like to pay a 10 days visit to my girl friend who is working in Hong Kong.please sir/ma, have do I apply for visiting/tourist visa to Hong Kong and the requirements from Malaysia. thank you for your response.

    • Replied by: Olivia   Aug. 14, 2011 18:25

      hi Bobby,
      you can apply the Hong kong visa in the Chinese Embassy in Malaysia.
      you may refer to the above article for basic requirements.
      you may also need to submit your current visa.

  • Replyandrea   Ghana    Aug. 11, 2011 03:46

    Hi, I am Ghanaian on a business trip in China, i am heading to Canada on a trip to see my family, my connecting flight is from guangzhou to hong kong through to Vancouver. Do i need a transit visa ??

    • Replied by: Blaire   Aug. 14, 2011 00:53

      no,you don't need the visa.

  • Replyron   Hong Kong, China    Aug. 13, 2011 23:04

    if i was born in Thailand? But now for the last 10 years have lived and worked in Hong Kong and have resadency and ID card. Do i need a visa if traveling to Goa India? What do i need?.

    • Replied by: Jean   Aug. 14, 2011 00:40

      yes, i think you need the visa.

  • Replymoses   Australia    Aug. 13, 2011 21:49

    i am planning to visit to hong kong for 2 days. do i need to apply hong kong visa, i am fiji pass[port holder and australian permanent residence

    • Replied by: Harry   Aug. 14, 2011 00:35

      hi Moses,
      Fiji passport holders are free of Hong Kong visa up to 90 days. so you don't need to apply the visa

  • Replyyaseen   Jordan    Aug. 09, 2011 04:04

    I am Jordanian passport in hongkong ,do i need a visa going to Shenzhen for 5 days

    • Replied by: Bill   Aug. 09, 2011 18:07

      hi Yaseen,
      you need to apply a China visa if you want to go to Shenzhen.
      or you can go with a group tour organized by a local travel agency in Hong kong and stay in Shenzhen no more than 6 days, in that way, you don't need a visa.

  • Replyshamima Hasan   Bangladesh    Aug. 08, 2011 17:03

    I am a permanent resident of USA and live in California. I have a Bangladesh passport. I will be visiting Bangladesh and my flight is through HongKong. I will not be getting out of the Hong Kong airport and have a connecting flight to Bangkok. Do I need a transit visa to travel through Hong Kong??

    • Replied by: Candy   Aug. 08, 2011 19:31

      if you stay in the Hong Kong airport, you don't need the hong Kong visa.

  • ReplyDiep   Singapore    Aug. 08, 2011 09:06


    We plan have famly trip to HK in Sep, but my mother hold Vietnam PP & long term pass in Singapore, how I apply visa to HK for her? estimate hong long can have it? if we go MACAO for just one day trip, back HK for same day, need visa to MACAO or not?
    Thanks for your advice

    • Replied by: Fiona   Aug. 08, 2011 19:30

      hi Diep,
      you need to go to the Chinese Embassy in Singapore to apply the Hong Kong visa for your mother.
      if you are holding Singaporean passport, you don't need the Macau visa, but your mother still need a Macau visa.

  • Replysadruddin talpur   Pakistan    Aug. 07, 2011 03:16

    Hello Sir,
    My name is Sadruddin Talpur,by profession I am a Police officer and I hold official/Gratis passport from pakistan which will expires in May 2012,currently I am working as Peace keeper in Sudan africa,I want to visit Hongkong just for 12 days from Karachi,do i need any other document or visa on my official passport or just My Official Passport is enough to enter Hongkong because as I read that 14 days are free on official passport from Pakistan
    Thank you.

    • Replied by: tina   Aug. 07, 2011 19:01

      yes, you're right.
      PAKISTAN Diplomatic or Official Passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need to apply the visa.
      your passport, round-trip air ticket, hotel voucher for room reservation will do.

  • Replyyann   Malaysia    Aug. 05, 2011 06:56

    hello, i am holding malaysia passport. i am going to enter Hong kong from shenzhen. at the immigration at shenzhen, what document should i provide to the officer?
    thank you very much.

    • Replied by: Fiona   Aug. 06, 2011 23:02

      your valid passport and other travel documents such as air/ship ticket to the third place, hotel voucher of room reservation.

  • ReplyLinda   Indonesia    Aug. 06, 2011 04:22

    Hii, Im Indonesian passport holder and my bf malaysian passport holder. We plan to visit Beijing for travelling. Can we just take direct flight with MAS from KLIA to Beijing International Airport (as I read above we got 30 days free visa) or do we still need to apply visa to enter Beijing? Kindly advice. Thanks..

    • Replied by: Selina   Aug. 06, 2011 23:01

      hi Linda,
      you are visa free for 30 days in Hong Kong, but not in mainland China.
      so both of you need to apply a Chinese Tourist visa.

  • Replyred   Philippines    Aug. 03, 2011 05:15

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    I would like to ask, what are the documents need to get working visa in Hong Kong, One company hired me in HK, but they don't know what are the requirements for me to get a working visa, I am a Philippine passport holder, I am currently in Macau, I will go to Hong Kong tomorrow.

    Please let me know the procedure how to get working visa and the requirements.

    • Replied by: Iris   Aug. 03, 2011 19:57

      hi red,
      both you and the Hong Kong company need to submit some documents. as for you, apart from the basic documents of visa application, you also need to submit Photocopy of proof of academic qualifications and relevant working experience.
      as for the company, they need to provide documents about the company.
      for detailed information, you may refer to the official website of Hong Kong Immigration Department.

  • Replyhajra   Pakistan    Aug. 03, 2011 04:29

    hi, i am from pakistan.
    i want to know about the required documents to obtain a residence visa to hong kong.

    • Replied by: Yoyo   Aug. 03, 2011 19:47

      Hi Hajra,
      apartfrom the basic documents mentioned in the above article, you need to submit an invitation letter from Hong kong, your return air ticket and the photocopy, the Hong Kong hotel voucher of room reservation,and your bank statement.

  • Replychelle   Philippines    Aug. 03, 2011 01:00


    i'll be travelling to hong kong this coming november for 4 days, but my passport is only valid until april 2012. november 2011 is the start of the 6-month period of passport validity (nov 2011 to apr 2012) in my case. do i have to renew my passport before i'm allowed to enter hong kong? thanks!

    • Replied by: Susan   Aug. 03, 2011 19:24

      hi Chelle,
      Filipino passport holders have a 14-day visa-free period in Hong Kong, so you just need to make sure your passport has a validity of more than 44 days from the day you enter Hong Kong, and do not need to renew your passport.

  • Replygina relatado   Thailand    Jul. 29, 2011 21:12

    Hi...Im here in Thailand working with a Thai work permit...I want to go to Hongkong on October for 6 days and i will be booking my round trip ticket and hotel soon. So i need answers to these questions:

    1.do i need a visa to get there?
    2. if i need a visa when would be the soonest time i could apply for it here in Bangkok.
    3.do i need an amount of money for show?

    • Replied by: May   Jul. 30, 2011 20:59

      hi gina,
      you don't need a visa. just your valid passport, round-trip ticket and hotel reservation will do.

  • ReplyJona Domadiego   Philippines    Jul. 27, 2011 03:20

    The bestfriend of my fiance give us a gift to travel in hongkong on 1st week of augost,but unlucky my fiance is busy so i want to take this travel with my friend.do i need a invetation from the person inviete us?he is not a hongkong citizen but he base in hongkong for few long years and working in Hongkog Costom....pleas give me an advice...and what king of invetation i need its my first time to travel hongkong...thank you...

    • Replied by: Ashley   Jul. 27, 2011 18:20

      hi Jona,
      Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need to apply the Hong Kong visa. an invitation letter is not necessary, but it would be better if you have one.
      actually, your fiance's friend may know clearly as you mentioned he's work in the Hong Kong Customs, and you may ask him about it.

  • ReplyNomi   Greece    Jul. 24, 2011 22:54

    HellO sir

    I am a Pakistani living in Greece and I want to visit hongkong so do I
    Need to apply for visa or not?

    • Replied by: Sandy   Jul. 25, 2011 19:04

      yes Nomi,
      you need to apply the Hong Kong visa.
      you can go to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in Greece.

  • Replynisha   Malaysia    Jul. 20, 2011 03:28

    Hi I have 2 friend who currently working in HSBC Malaysian and they required to work for 6 month in HOng kong HSBC. What document required and where shall i apply it?

    • Replied by: Sasha   Jul. 20, 2011 18:51

      you can ask the HSBK in Hong Kong to help you apply the visa, which is much more convenient.

  • Replysed   Pakistan    Jul. 17, 2011 09:22

    I'm a Pakistani citizen studying in the US. I would like to visit Hong Kong for a week for a leisure trip.
    Would it be quicker to apply for a visit visa through the Chinese embassy or by directly mailing the documents to the Hong Kong Immigration department. Someone informed me that the HK Immigration department takes around 4 weeks while the Chinese embassy may process it within a week. Is that true?

    Thank you for your consideration.


    • Replied by: Emma   Jul. 17, 2011 19:28

      if your documents need to be mailed to Hong Kong Immigration department, it takes longer, as you mentioned, may be 4 weeks.
      but the documents still need to be mailed to Hong Kong even though you apply the visa through the embassy sometimes.
      i suggest you apply through the Chinese Embassy. it will take 4 working days if the documents do not need to be mailed to Hong Kong.

 First   Previous    23    24    25    26    27    Next  Last