Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    19    20    21    22    23    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyYan   Philippines    Dec. 21, 2011 16:53


    I am from the Philippines. Would it be possible to stay in Hong Kong for over 14 days if I exit to Macau and re-enter Hong Kong again? I'm planning to stay there for 3 weeks.

    • Replied by: Tina   Dec. 21, 2011 18:08

      it is hard to see if the officials at the control will let you re-enter Hong Kong or not.
      a friend of mine got another 14 days when re-enter Hong Kong, but another friend was refused to enter.

  • ReplyDarren   Ireland    Dec. 20, 2011 03:00

    Hi, I am a student from Ireland going on an student exchange to Hong Kong. I've applied for my visa but it's still processing and I may not have it before I leave at the end of the month. I've read that Irih passport holders can stay for up to 90 days without a visa, but in my case it will be 5-8 months - is this going to be a problem? my visa will more than likely be issued soon after I arrive.

    • Replied by: Jimmy   Dec. 20, 2011 18:00

      Hi Darren,
      it usually takes four weeks to process a visa application, and you can make an enquire about the processing through the Hong Kong immigration department to see if you can get your visa before you leave.
      or you can just go to Hong Kong, and ask a friend or relative to collect the visa with the receipt and mail it to you to Hong Kong. after you get the visa, you can go to Macau and re-enter Hong Kong with the student visa.

  • Replymeje   Philippines    Dec. 16, 2011 21:14

    Hi there! Im philippine national but currently residing in UAE for almost 4 years. Actually, im planning to visit hongkong on 3rd week of January 2012 for 7 days only but i really dont have idea from where to start to get a visa. I have a friend there in HK where i can stay there when i arrived.Please advised me what are the process.

    • Replied by: Andy   Dec. 17, 2011 17:06

      hi Meje,
      are you holding a filipino passport or a UAE passport?
      if you still hold a filipino passport, you can stay in Hong Kong free of visa for 14 days.
      if you hold a UAE passport, you can stay in Hong Kong without a visa up to 30 days.
      therefore, you don't need to apply a Hong Kong visa for your 7-day trip.

  • ReplyAPRIL   Philippines    Dec. 14, 2011 07:35

    hi,im a Filipina,i want to visit HK before Christmas,can i stay there till Chinese new year?i,m 21 years old.thanks so much!

    • Replied by: Mini   Dec. 14, 2011 18:04

      Filipina passport holders are allowed to stay in Hong Kong free of visa up to 14 days, so you need to apply a Hong Kong visa if you want to stay longer.

  • Replykevin   India    Dec. 14, 2011 00:36

    Hi ,

    My wife has an indian passport and has stayed in hong kong for a while and applied a visa extention at the Hk Immigration. Now she wants to go china with the china visa she has on her passport.

    I wonder after this china trip, will she still get 14 days to stay in hong kong on her return ?

    • Replied by: Anna   Dec. 14, 2011 17:42

      Hi Kevin,
      she may get the 14-day stay in Hong Kong, but as her last departure date from Hong Kong will be very close, so the officer at the control may not let her enter Hong Kong.

  • ReplyMd. Abdullah Al Baky   Bangladesh    Dec. 13, 2011 23:14

    Whether it is possible to go from Shhanghai to Hong Kong as a Bangladeshi passport holder. Note that, If I have china visa collected from Bangladesh.

    • Replied by: Bonnie   Dec. 14, 2011 17:26

      you need to apply a Hong Kong visa even you are holding a China visa.

  • ReplySimon   Ghana    Dec. 14, 2011 04:51

    I am Simon Kwame a Ghanaian, please i want to verify if i need a Visa to Spain with my Ghanaian passport, also i would also want to which which countries are visa free with my Ghanaian passport.

  • ReplyMurali Krishnan   India    Dec. 12, 2011 22:15


    I'm an Indian and need to go to Shenzen for a business trip. This is my first trip to China. My invite letter will be from a Shenzen based Co. I need to enter through Hongkong, and need to go to Shenzen and stay there for a month. I may have to come to Hongkong multiple times during this one month stay. I'm planning to take a Mainland china Visa for 6 months (multiple entry). Will I also need any kind of HK visa? or will I get a 14 day stay permit issued (for Indians it is 14 days permit) each time I enter HK from Shenzen?

    • Replied by: Gina   Dec. 13, 2011 18:33

      Hi Murali,
      i think you don't need to apply a visa or permit for Hong Kong, but you'd better consult the Hong Kong immigration department to see if you need a visa with multiple entry or a entry permit.

  • Replyjames basconcillo   Philippines    Dec. 11, 2011 05:23

    thnk u so much sir/mam for your reply,sorry for not replying your message at once coz im really bc working ok sir/mam how can i know if the HKSAR IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT agree?thnk u so much again............

    • Replied by: Lily   Dec. 11, 2011 18:45

      agree on what? visa ?
      if they agree your application, you will get your visa or permit.

  • Replyrashida rehman   Pakistan    Dec. 07, 2011 10:28

    hi. i m rashida rehman from pakistan. i wna i hong kong immigration .i hve done master in english and ielts with 60 bands. my husband is an associat engnier. i wna apply for hong kong immigration . plz can u help me and send me information about it. plz help me and mail me the complete process. thanks alot

    • Replied by: Joe   Dec. 07, 2011 19:26

      it will be much easier if you find a job in Hong Kong and stay in Hong Kong with a work visa.
      if you want to immigrate to Hong Kong, it is usually required a large amount of investment or one of you and your husband are employed as professional in Hong Kong.

  • Replychi   Philippines    Dec. 05, 2011 09:47

    Hello again! I'm from the Philippines. How long does it take to process a HK visa if I want to stay longer than 14 days in HK? Thank you.

    • Replied by: May   Dec. 05, 2011 18:21

      it usually takes 4 weeks to process the visa.

  • Replychi   Philippines    Dec. 05, 2011 09:42

    Hello! I have a Filipina friend and she's holding a Swedish passport. She wants me to go with her in HK. How can I stay longer with her in HK? Thank you for the advice!

    • Replied by: Ginger   Dec. 05, 2011 18:19

      if you want to stay longer than 14 days (the visa-free period for filipino passport holders), you need to apply for a Hong Kong visa through the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines.

  • ReplyLivingstone   Kenya    Dec. 04, 2011 10:04

    Hi, I am planning to go to hong kong to visit some fmaily friends. I hold a kenyan passport and currently live in Sweden with a swedish ID card. Do i need a visa to enter hong kong if i am going to visit for about 3 weeks?

    • Replied by: Alicia   Dec. 04, 2011 17:29

      Kenyan passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 90 days, so you don't need to apply a visa for this trip.

  • ReplyTammy Nguyen   Viet Nam    Dec. 03, 2011 00:20

    I'm holding Vietnamese passport but i'm staying in Singapore (I'm holding SPR). I plan to go HK & Macau for 6D5N in Feb, I went to Macau in 2009 & I got my Macau visa entry on the spot. But I just did some research & know that there is no Macau visa entry upon arriving as last time. So If I want to stay in HK for 2N & 2N in Macau, after that come back in HK for 1 night to flight back in Singapore for the next day. Is it I must apply HK visa for double entry?
    Thank you.

    • Replied by: gloria   Dec. 03, 2011 18:22

      yes, you need to apply a double entry Hong Kong visa, as well as a Macau visa through the Chinese Embassy in Viet Nam.

  • ReplyMohammed Saeed   Yemen    Nov. 30, 2011 12:54

    Hi, I'm from Yemen I want to vist Hong Kong , but i don"t know if i need visa or they will give me turset visa from Hong kong air port direct ? pls let me know asap .

    with may thanks

    • Replied by: Steffine   Nov. 30, 2011 18:41

      Yemeni passport holders are allowed to stay in Hong Kong free of visa for 30 days, so you do not need to worry about the visa.

  • Replyelhadi siddig   Sudan    Nov. 29, 2011 18:47

    am staying and working in china,holding residence permit,i wuold like to visit hong kong for one week holiday,whree and how to apply for hong kong visa in beijing.am holding sudan passport

    • Replied by: Helen   Nov. 29, 2011 20:07

      hi, you can find the answer from "where to apply the Hong Kong visa" part from the above article.

  • ReplyArun   India    Nov. 28, 2011 02:43

    I have an indian passport and plan to be in hong kong for 14 days and after which plan to travel to Macau by speedboat stay there for 3 days before travelling to thailand.
    Will it be valid for me to present my ownward ticket from Hongkong as the macau speedboat ticket for the entry visa into HK.

    Please clarify

    • Replied by: Amanda   Nov. 28, 2011 18:11

      Hi Arun,
      i think there's no problem.

  • ReplyW   China    Nov. 26, 2011 21:10


    I am currently holding a China passport but staying in Singapore. I would like to ask if i need to apply visa to HK if i intend to visit HK for 7 days( arrival from singapore to hk and departure from hk to singapore) .In addition, if one of the 7 days i intend to visit macau , do i need to apply visa to macau? thanks

    • Replied by: Amanda   Nov. 27, 2011 18:26

      you need to apply the entry permit for both Hong Kong and Macau.

  • ReplyImee Aplicador   Philippines    Nov. 26, 2011 19:18

    Hi, I'm going to Hong Kong to spend the holidays with my husband and in- laws from UK. I have already booked a ticket for 4 weeks. Originally planned to book ticket for 14 days then extend at the HK immigration in Wan Chai few days after I arrive. But the price for the return ticket is very very expensive. I go to Hong Kong once a month and never exceeded 14 days and have never tried the extension. Should I apply for a visa here in Manila before I go? If I don't, will I be rejected/questioned at the immigration? Thank you so much in advance.

    • Replied by: Zack   Nov. 27, 2011 18:17

      according to the regulations of HK immigration, you need to apply a Hong Kong visa if you want to stay longer than 14 days.

  • ReplyGeorgia   Philippines    Nov. 26, 2011 11:46

    Am going to HK next month for 7 days holiday. I will arrive on the 10th day and i will be going to Shenzhen (i hope) on the 11th to meet my european husband. Is it possible for Philippine passport holder to get a Shenzhen visa for 5 days thru Hongkong? I traveled HK & Macau but i haven't got china visa yet. thanks

    • Replied by: Daisy   Nov. 26, 2011 17:56

      No Georgia,
      you can not get the China visa in Hong Kong, but need to obtain is through the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines before you go to Hong Kong.

 First   Previous    19    20    21    22    23    Next  Last