Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    18    19    20    21    22    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyErwin   Philippines    Feb. 06, 2012 04:10

    Hello I am from Philippines, we are planning to go to Hongkong this March 21, 2012 and return on March 29, 2012 with my 2 kids. May I know what documents should I show to the immigration? We already book the ticket, can we extend our stay in Hongkong if possible? Please advice me Thank You......

    • Replied by: Nina   Feb. 06, 2012 17:42

      Hi Erwin,
      Filipino passport holders can stay in Hong Kong free of visa for 14 days, so you can extend your stay to in Hong Kong to 14 days.
      documents you need to show are your valid passport, your round-trip air tickets, and the voucher of room reservation in Hong kong hotels.

  • Replygillani   Pakistan    Feb. 05, 2012 05:51

    Hi,,, I hold official Pakistan passport, currently working in Nanjing, (Jiangsu China). I Want to visit HK for few days vacations with my family. My wife and kids hold non-official passports. Can I get a visa for them upon arrival at entry point to HK? or else can I apply for visa for them at Nanjing? thanks

    • Replied by: david   Feb. 05, 2012 19:27

      I'm afraid you will have to apply for the Hk visa in advance through China Travel Service Hong Kong Ltd (CTS) whose Customer Service Hotline: (852) 2998 7888

  • ReplyTifa Chan   Malaysia    Feb. 03, 2012 18:35

    Hi, I am Malaysian and I am going to Hong Kong, Macau and SzeChuang this coming February for around 3 weeks. Is it true that I do not have to apply visa for Hong Kong and Macau? Can I apply my Szechuang visa when I am staying in Hong Kong or Macau? How long before I can get my visa and how much will it cost?

    Thank you.

    • Replied by: kevin   Feb. 05, 2012 00:05

      You are visa freee to Hk for 90 days and to Macau for 30 days. You can apply for your visa to Sichuan in mainland China from the visa office of PRC either in Hk or Macau. The visa fee is HK$200 for a single entri China visa. However, there is usually a long line waiting in from of the office, so I advise you qapply for the China visa from the China embassy or consulate general in your country in advance to smooth your trip.

  • ReplyRafa, Philippines   Philippines    Jan. 30, 2012 21:07


    My boyfriend is a filipino seaman working at Miami, Florida base and he will be leaving in March back to work but he will visit first HK with me at about 3 days, his exit of entry to US is HK, is this ok with his us visa, or what he will going to do so that we can stay in HK? TYVM.

    • Replied by: Larrisa   Jan. 31, 2012 02:03

      i think it is ok, and you can have a tour in Hong Kong.

  • ReplyKing George   Philippines    Jan. 30, 2012 22:49

    Hi there.

    I'm holding a Philppines passport but currently working in Singapore. This coming June I am going for a short tour. First going to Hongkong.. Then to MAcau.. then Visit my Friend in Shengzhen then go back to Hongkong for my flight back to Singapore. I will be spending 2 days each.
    I like to know few things:

    Do we need a visa in going back to Hongkong? Our return flight to singapore is in Hongkong?

    Do we need Visa for Macau and Shengzhen?


    Your reply is much appreciated

    • Replied by: Kate   Jan. 31, 2012 01:57

      hi King,
      you do not need any visa for Hong Kong and MAcau ,but a Chinese tourist visa is required for your visit to Shenzhen. you need to apply it through the Chinese Embassy in Singapore.

  • ReplyMahmoud   Egypt    Jan. 27, 2012 06:46

    I'm Egyptian working in Abu Dhabi,
    do I need Visa to visit Hong Knog?
    if yes, how many days do i need to have the visa ready, and how much does it cost?


    • Replied by: Chuck   Jan. 27, 2012 18:19

      no, you don't need to apply the visa. Egyption passport holders are free of hong Kong visa for 90 days.

  • ReplyPatricia Goerg   Australia    Jan. 25, 2012 22:18

    I am planing to travel to Hong Kong on the 31/3/12 to 5/4/12. Could you tell me if i require a visa I am going for a 5 day holiday. When i am there i am planing a day visit to China so do i need a visa to go there
    Thank you

    • Replied by: Nancy   Jan. 26, 2012 19:25

      Hi Patricia,
      you need to apply a Chinese L visa if you plan to go to Mainland China during your Hong Kong tour.

  • ReplySimon   Germany    Jan. 20, 2012 12:05

    Hello, I'm from Germany and my fiancee is from the Philippines and we want to travel to HK on several dates first for 1-2 days, than for about 7 days and for 1-2 days again. Do we need some re-entry-visa?

    • Replied by: Lilian   Jan. 20, 2012 19:38

      You don't need some re-entry visa, Nationals from Germany and Philippines are exempt from a visa to Hong Kong for 90 days, 14 days respectively per entry.

  • ReplyMelanie   Philippines    Jan. 19, 2012 07:57

    hi, im lanie from philippines, i will stay in honkong for one day,,what documents should i prepare? do i need show money? flight back ticket? and etc.?? pls. reply to my email.. marcelo_melanie@yahoo.com

    • Replied by: Sasha   Jan. 20, 2012 00:16

      if you are holding a filipino passport, you don't need to apply the visa.
      just your valid passport will do.

  • ReplyJolice   Philippines    Jan. 16, 2012 03:04

    Hello, I am pilipino passport holder, it will be my first time to go hongkong & outside phils and i want to visit my friend who live there. Do i need to present any documents such as bank statement, plane tickets & etcs in immigration office... eventhough he will shoulder evrything my stay in hongkong for a week ???

    • Replied by: Alicia   Jan. 16, 2012 19:22

      Hi Jolice,
      i think you need to show your round-trip air tickets at the customs.

  • ReplyQuyen   Viet Nam    Jan. 16, 2012 01:06

    how much does it cost for hk visa 3 times visit & china visa 2 times visit? my passport is vietnamese. tks :)

    • Replied by: Lsia   Jan. 16, 2012 19:18

      it costs HKD 160 for the HK visa, and USD 45 for the Mainland China visa.

  • ReplyDali   China    Jan. 13, 2012 10:44

    Now I'm in China, and going to Hongkong for make my working visa. I know I need a visa for enter in Hongkong, but I want to know can I make it on arrival.

    • Replied by: Steve   Jan. 13, 2012 17:25

      May I know your nationality first? Or Which country's passport are you holding?

    • Replied by: Dali ( China )   Jan. 14, 2012 01:50

      Thanks for reply Steve. I'm from Georgia(Republic of Georgia)。

    • Replied by: Steve   Jan. 14, 2012 19:13

      Hi Dali,
      you cannot get the Hong Kong visa upon arrival.

  • Replyjosh   China    Jan. 12, 2012 05:40

    hello, i currently work in China and planning on going to Macau for a visit.I hold a ghanaian passport and thinking, do I hve to get a visa for Macao? Before Leaving? or i could get it on arrival? Please let me know. I would be going through SZ.

    • Replied by: Hank   Jan. 12, 2012 17:19

      You have to apply for a Macau visa, but it can be applied at the Macau Airport on arrival.

  • ReplyAbbas   Singapore    Jan. 12, 2012 01:29


    I am holding Indian passport and working in Singapore. I would like to visit Hong Kong for 3 days plan. I know that without any visa, I can enter HK. But my doubt is, any other documents or show money is needed to enter HK? Thanks.

    • Replied by: David   Jan. 12, 2012 01:43

      As far as I know, you will also have to provide your return air ticket to show how long you will stay in HK.

  • Replysos   China    Jan. 10, 2012 23:24

    Hello, I currently work in China with a work visa.I plan on going to Macau from Mainland China through Hong Kong. I hold a Ghana passport. How do I go round it?

    • Replied by: Anne   Jan. 11, 2012 18:57

      you need to apply the Hong kong visa if you are going to visit Hong Kong. as for Macau, you can get the visa upon arrival in Macau.
      to apply the Hong Kong visa, you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009. or you can mail your documents to the Hong Kong immigration department.
      P.s. if you are still going back to Mainland China after this trip, please make sure your visa is a double entry or multi-entry visa.

  • Replymona   Philippines    Jan. 08, 2012 17:16

    Hi! I'm from the Philippines.My daughter & I will be going to HK for 3 days January 26-29.What should we bring,do we need a show money,how much?What else shoud we bring in case the immigration ask for other requirements.thanks a lot.

    • Replied by: Bill   Jan. 08, 2012 18:42

      Take it easy Mona,
      filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you just need to show your valid passport and round-trip air ticket when passing the HK Customs.

  • Replyjess   United States    Jan. 04, 2012 23:48


    I plan to visit Hong kong on Jan 22, 2010. I have already reserved my airline ticket. I don't have a passport yet. I have a Travel Document (Green Booklet like a passport) and a Green Card. I know the US citizen do not need visa to visit Hong Kong as long as they don't stay over 90 days. I am not a citizen yet but I have Travel Document like a passport. Do I need to get Hong Kong Visa? Thanks for your help.

    • Replied by: bruce   Jan. 05, 2012 20:22

      You said you are not a US citizen, can you tell me which passport do you hold? what nationality? Then I can tell me you need a visa to Hong Kong or not.

  • ReplySophia   China    Jan. 03, 2012 19:30

    Hello! I'm from Georgia(Republic of Georgia). Now I'm in China and want to go to Hongkong for one week. I want to know do i need a visa to Hongkong?

    • Replied by: Alicia   Jan. 04, 2012 18:44

      hi Sophia,
      you need to apply the Hong Kong visa, and you also need to make sure that your China visa is a double or multi-entry visa.

  • ReplyDolma   India    Jan. 03, 2012 08:45

    Sir i and my husband are planning to visit hongkong and in the process go to macau and disneyland. I have got my tickets and will be returning on the 13th day to India.However,we will be putting up in our cousin's house. S o my question is, will we be requiring visasfor the same?
    Thank You

    • Replied by: Amanda   Jan. 03, 2012 19:15

      you don't need to apply the hong kong visa.

  • ReplyDR.PANKAJ JOSHI   India    Dec. 30, 2011 21:46

    Respected sir ,

    here i got opportunity for spine training at hongkong with invitation letter from respective organisation , training will be of 30 days, can i come directly at hongkong airport and on arrival can i pay visa fee for stay for 30 days in hongkong,please guide me..

    • Replied by: Rita   Jan. 01, 2012 19:57

      no sir,
      you have to apply the visa through the Chinese Embassy in India before you go to Hong Kong.

 First   Previous    18    19    20    21    22    Next  Last