Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    17    18    19    20    21    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyDan   Hong Kong, China    Feb. 27, 2012 18:37

    Hi there, My bf is holding HK passport. he wants to live in Thailand, any suggestion for apply what kind of visa that can stay more than 30days tourist visa. thx

  • Replysid   Australia    Feb. 26, 2012 05:45

    hi i m a afghan national living in australia .i have a australian travel document valid for two years which shows nationality is afghan in this case do i need a visa forhongkong or australian travel document no need visa .

    • Replied by: David   Feb. 26, 2012 20:01

      Passport holders of Afghan do have to apply for a visa to enter and stay in Hk for any travel purpose.
      You may just apply for the Hk visa through the China Emabssy or Consulate-general in your place of domicile.

  • Replysheila   Philippines    Feb. 25, 2012 08:07

    im from phils and be visiting HK, do i need to show money? thanks

    • Replied by: Sara   Feb. 25, 2012 23:54

      Yes, you may be required to show your return air ticket to indicate your duration of stay in Hk and financial proof to prove that your have adequate funds to cover the duration of your stay without working.

  • ReplySunnie   Canada    Feb. 24, 2012 12:07

    Hello there,I currently work in Canada but I am not a permanent resident and I hold a mainland chinese passport. I am flying from Vancouver to Hong Kong. I hope to stay in Hong Kong for less than 7 days. then fly to Beijing. And I will fly from Hong Kong to Vancouver on my return trip. Will I need to apply for a visa?

    • Replied by: celia   Feb. 24, 2012 21:02

      Hi Sunnie,
      you need a Hong Kong travel permit when fly from Vancouver to Hong Kong. you can apply it through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in Vancouver.
      you are allowed to stay 7 days without a permit when you fly from Hong Kong to Vancouver by showing valid air ticket.

  • ReplyJon   Australia    Feb. 23, 2012 23:56

    I would like to go to Guangzhou for a Holiday (2 weeks max. stay). However, I am currently here in Australia holding a student visa, I wonder if it is possible for me to go to Guangzhou and what are the steps that I will need to undertake. Thanks. Btw, I am filipino.

    • Replied by: celia   Feb. 24, 2012 19:17

      you need to apply the Chinese Tourist visa through the Chinese embassy in the Australia.

  • ReplyAli    Feb. 23, 2012 05:26

    I am travelling from Pakistan to Adelaide (Australia). I have to stay 12 hours in Hong Kong. If I don't come out of Airport, do I still need transit visa?

    • Replied by: Amy   Feb. 23, 2012 18:39

      no, the transit visa is not required if you stay within the airport for less than 24 hours.

  • ReplyDeus John Kizenga   Tanzania, United Republic Of    Feb. 22, 2012 09:24

    I am Tanzanian holding Tanzanian passport but living in Hungary, do I need visa to enter Hong Kong?

    • Replied by: Lisa   Feb. 22, 2012 18:51

      no, you do not need a visa to enter Hong Kong, as Tanzanian passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 90 days.

  • ReplyNisha   India    Feb. 22, 2012 08:52

    Hi... I am from India. I have to attend an International Conference on 14 Mar 2012 at HongKong. So, I along with my husband and son planning to visit HongKong from 12 to 15 Mar 2012. It is our first visit to HongKong. I want to know, what documents should I show to immigration at HongKong Aiport. We already booked our round trip ticket and hotel reservation. Please give advice. thanks

    • Replied by: Daisy   Feb. 22, 2012 18:46

      Hi Nisha,
      Indian passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you only need to show your valid passport, round-trip air tickets and maybe hotel voucher.

  • Replynay   India    Feb. 21, 2012 23:44

    i am going first time in hong kong what document show on arrival, hotel vouchers need or no?, can i book hotel after entry city

    • Replied by: celia   Feb. 22, 2012 18:32

      Hi Nay,
      your valid passport, and better to show your return air tickets.

  • ReplyIvy   Philippines    Feb. 21, 2012 20:30

    Hi. I hope you could help me with this. I am a Filipino passport holder but have a US Visa (fiance visa). Before going to the US for the very first time with my fiance, we will drop by in Hongkong first and my fiance would like us to stay for 2 nights in Hongkong first to see the city before we would proceed to the US. You think I am allowed to stay in Hongkong for 2 nights since a Fiance visa is a single entry means only to travel to the US? Please help me with this.

    • Replied by: Alicia   Feb. 22, 2012 18:30

      Hi Ivy,
      you are allowed to stay in Hong Kong as filipino passport holders are allowed to stay in Hong Kong without visa for 14 days, and your stay in Hong Kong will not influence your US visa.

  • Replylalu   China    Feb. 20, 2012 22:14

    my wife is chinese and she is holding HK entry passport too, i am also living in Shenzhen,china with L visa[family], M entries. i am Nepali passport holder and if i want to go to HK for visit purpose how and where to apply the HK visa? what documents required to apply?

    • Replied by: Remond   Feb. 21, 2012 02:00

      Hi Lalu,
      you can mail your application documents to the Hong Kong immigration department and apply the Hong Kong visa through mail.
      As for the required documents, you may read the above article. in addition, you also need to submit your Chinese visa.
      you'd better contact the Hong kong immigration department for detailed information.

  • ReplyVicki   Australia    Feb. 16, 2012 21:14

    My husband are going to Hong Kong and from there getting a ferry to Macau.
    If we want to go to the territories in China do we need a Visa?

    • Replied by: Sally   Feb. 17, 2012 18:35

      you need the Chinese visa if you go to Mainland China, but you are visa-free in Hong Kong and Macau.

  • ReplyGlo   Philippines    Feb. 16, 2012 08:26

    im from the phils and were planning to go in hongkong this march 26 and return on april6. it will be our first time to visit hongkong.. may i know what documents should i show to immigration.we already book our round trip ticket.but not hotel reservation..from there we can rent a guest house..please advice me.. thanks

    • Replied by: Nancy   Feb. 16, 2012 19:16

      take it easy, Glo,
      filipino passport holders can stay in Hong Kong without a visa for 14 days, so your valid passport, round-trip air ticket will be enough.

  • Replyjames   China    Feb. 11, 2012 17:38

    I'm international student here in China am from Nigeria and i wish to visit Hongkong for holiday... How will I apply for their visa?

    • Replied by: George   Feb. 11, 2012 22:26

      You can apply for the visa of Hk through China Travel Service Hong Kong Ltd (CTS) China Travel Service Hong Kong Ltd (CTS) whose phone number is 852 2998 7888

  • ReplyJen   Philippines    Feb. 10, 2012 20:58

    I am a filipina. I am scheduled to travel to hongkong on feb 13 and return flight is Feb 15. What do i need to present in the immigration department? thanks.

    • Replied by: Jack   Feb. 11, 2012 22:20

      I think your valid filipino passport and return air ticket will be enough.

  • ReplyKwesi   Ghana    Feb. 10, 2012 03:40

    I know with a ghanaian pasport you dont need a visa to hongkong. Do i declare any documents or money? If yes how much.

    • Replied by: Nina   Feb. 10, 2012 17:29

      Hi Kwesi,
      Ghanaian passport holders need to apply for a Hong Kong visa, unless you are holding a Ghana diplomatic or official passport, you can be visa free in Hong Kong for 14 days.

  • ReplyAtif Khan   Pakistan    Feb. 08, 2012 22:56

    I am Atif Khan and a USA Citizen. I have recently formed a company in HK and I am planning to move to HK. My Wife is a Pakistani national living in Pakistan. What type of Visa can i apply for her so she can stay with me.

    • Replied by: Jenny   Feb. 09, 2012 17:56

      you can apply a dependant visa for her and you will be her sponsor in Hong Kong.

  • ReplyJessica   Australia    Feb. 06, 2012 06:41

    Hi, im currently holding a Philippine passport but i live in Australia now and have an australian resident. Im just wondering if i need a visa to get to hongkong when i visit my relatives there for not more than 2 weeks? Thanks.

    • Replied by: James   Feb. 06, 2012 17:44

      Hi Jessica,
      Filipino passport holders have a 14-day visa free period in Hong Kong, so you need to apply a Hong kong visa if you intend to stay more than 14 days.

  • ReplyErwin   Philippines    Feb. 06, 2012 04:10

    Hello I am from Philippines, we are planning to go to Hongkong this March 21, 2012 and return on March 29, 2012 with my 2 kids. May I know what documents should I show to the immigration? We already book the ticket, can we extend our stay in Hongkong if possible? Please advice me Thank You......

    • Replied by: Nina   Feb. 06, 2012 17:42

      Hi Erwin,
      Filipino passport holders can stay in Hong Kong free of visa for 14 days, so you can extend your stay to in Hong Kong to 14 days.
      documents you need to show are your valid passport, your round-trip air tickets, and the voucher of room reservation in Hong kong hotels.

  • Replygillani   Pakistan    Feb. 05, 2012 05:51

    Hi,,, I hold official Pakistan passport, currently working in Nanjing, (Jiangsu China). I Want to visit HK for few days vacations with my family. My wife and kids hold non-official passports. Can I get a visa for them upon arrival at entry point to HK? or else can I apply for visa for them at Nanjing? thanks

    • Replied by: david   Feb. 05, 2012 19:27

      I'm afraid you will have to apply for the Hk visa in advance through China Travel Service Hong Kong Ltd (CTS) whose Customer Service Hotline: (852) 2998 7888

 First   Previous    17    18    19    20    21    Next  Last