Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    16    17    18    19    20    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyAltaf Hussain,   Pakistan
    2012/4/14 6:29:00

    Hi i am resedence of dubai and mozambique so i want to vist to hong kong

    • David :2012/4/14 20:00:00

      Which country's passport do you hold?

  • Replyjens,   Denmark
    2012/4/13 10:01:00

    hi i want to ask because my girlfriend from the philippines to stopover in hong kong if she had transit visas?

    • Penny :2012/4/13 19:03:00

      Hi Jens,
      filipino passport holders are allowed to stay in hong kong without a visa for 14 days, so your girlfriend does not need to apply a Hong Kong visa.

  • ReplyPauline,   Philippines
    2012/4/12 1:56:00

    Hi! I plan to visit Hongkong, with a sister of mine and 2 children (2 y/o and 7y/o). It will only be for 3-4 days (2-3 nights). We're Philippines passport holders. We are not actually invited by anyone to visit Hongkong. We just want to visit Disneyland and perhaps just roam around the great places there. DO we still need visa? What else do we need? How about taxes/charges/fees to pay? An email from you would be great. Thanks a lot for your help.

    • Ben :2012/4/12 19:34:00

      Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so no need to apply the visa.
      you only need to take your valid passport.

  • ReplyMay,   Philippines
    2012/4/11 20:25:00

    My boyfriend and I are planning to meet this May in Hongkong for leisure what is the documents i needed to prepare to enter HK? PLEASE HELP ME THANKS SO MUCH..

    • Peter :2012/4/12 19:32:00

      Hi May,
      you can stay in Hong Kong free of visa for 14 days, and just your valid passport is fine. and if you intend to stay longer. you need to apply a Hong Kong visa.

  • Replysammy,   Saudi Arabia
    2012/4/10 22:44:00

    Good morning Mam/Sir:
    I work here in saudi with my family..this coming april 25 were going vacation to phillipines but my son want visit and see disneyland..it's frist time to stop over in hongkong for 1 day and we dont know what should we do...Cathay pacific transpotation

    • Taylor :2012/4/11 19:05:00

      Hi Sammy,
      which country's passport are you holding?
      pasport holders of some countries do not need apply Hong Kong visa within certain period.

    • sammy ( Saudi Arabia ) :2012/4/12 6:15:00

      our passport is phillipenes

    • Taylor :2012/4/12 19:28:00

      Hi Sammy,
      Filipino passport holders can stay in Hong Kong for at most 14 days without a visa, so you don't need to apply the Hong Kong visa and just your valid passport is Ok.

  • ReplyRicha makhija,   India
    2012/4/11 6:26:00

    I want to know how much money an indian has to show in total (liquid or cash)who is applying for Hong kong PR Visa.

    • Polly :2012/4/11 19:19:00

      it is said you have to have HKD 6.5 millions. you'd better consult the Hong Kong immigration department or an immigration agents.

  • ReplyEmmanuel,   Nigeria
    2012/4/9 15:07:00

    Good morning sir/madam, i am Nigeria and i need to go to Hong Kong for vesting, is it visa on arrival with Nigeria or i will apply a visa in my country. Pls, just put me clear, thanks and God bless you all

    • Salem :2012/4/9 18:21:00

      you need to apply it through the Chinese Embassy in your country.

  • ReplyProf,   Pakistan
    2012/4/8 3:32:00

    I am living in china mainland having official passport of pakistan and resident permit, i want to visit honk kong for one week time with my wife who is having non official passport of pakistan with L type visa having 1 entry. how can we visit hong kong , do we both require visa for hong kong and do my wife require new visa for china on coming back to from hong kong since she have l type visa for one entry not multiple entry???

    • David :2012/4/8 20:50:00

      You are holding an official passport, so you may visit the HKSAR visa-free for a stay not exceeding 14 days. However, your wife have to apply for a visa from the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. And your wife also have to apply for a new China visa for her return to China mainland from Hk.

  • Replyjill,   Philippines
    2012/4/4 6:48:00

    hi there just wanted to know if what are the requirements if i am applying a 3 months visa tour in hongkong? kindly send me the requirements in my yahoo mail? i am visiting my mother and my uncle in hongkong.. just give me some info on how to apply a 3 months visa in hongkong aside from my passport.. thanks..

    • Helen :2012/4/4 19:25:00

      Hi Jill
      you need to submit the following documents to the Chinese Emnbassy in the Philippines:
      1. Your valid passport or travel documents in lieu of passport
      2. A completely filled out visa application form
      3. Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form)
      4. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
      5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
      6. Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
      7. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit to Hong Kong (for purposes of visit other than leisure, transit, business or family visit)

    • jill ( Philippines ) :2012/4/5 8:33:00

      hi ms helen thanks for the information.. where can i get the application form of visa to be filled out?

    • Helen :2012/4/5 19:04:00

      Hi Jill,
      you can donwload the form from the Immigration department of Hong kong.

    • jill ( Philippines ) :2012/4/5 20:28:00

      hi ms. helen what form should i download from the link that you send to me?

    • Helen :2012/4/6 19:09:00

      the visa application form ID 1003A on that page.

    • jill ( Philippines ) :2012/4/7 0:33:00

      hi ms. helen if i will be able to complete the requirements that you gave me.. can i go to the chinese embassy and submit the requirements for my 3 months visa? how much would be the fee?

    • jill ( Philippines ) :2012/4/7 0:35:00

      can you also give me the requirements of my uncle in hongkong? what would be the documents that he would process also.. thanks..

    • Helen :2012/4/7 2:51:00

      yes, of course you can go to the Chinese Embassy to submit the documents.
      the fee is HKD 160.
      if your uncle is a bona fide Hong Kong resident, he can be your sponsor, then he should complete form ID 1003B.
      you also ask your uncle to submit all your documents directly to the Hong Kong immigration department, which will be faster than applying through the Chinese Embassy. the address of Hong Kong immigration department is:

      Receipt and Despatch Unit
      Hong Kong Immigration Department
      2/F, Immigration Tower
      7 Gloucester Road
      Wan Chai, Hong Kong

    • jill ( Philippines ) :2012/4/7 22:56:00

      thanks ms helen.. so you mean if i send my copy of documents to my uncle in hongkong i dont need to go to tha chinese embassy here in the philippines? my uncle would be the one to submit my docs on hongkong embassy? by the he is a bonafide in hongkong..

    • jill ( Philippines ) :2012/4/8 0:13:00

      ms. helen what size of the application form if i will be going to download and print the form? is it in a long bond paper or short bond paper? thanks...

    • Helen :2012/4/8 20:46:00

      You should send the priginal documents to your uncle in Hk for the visa application in stead of copies.

      You may just download the form, fill it on-line, save it, and print it out finally. You should submit the printed form to the visa office.

  • Replyjovy,   Philippines
    2012/4/1 19:13:00

    hi there... i have a little problem because i dont have much idea as to what are the requirements in going to hong kong as tourist for 14 days. i have the passprot already and i used to work there but this time i am tourist. can you help me with this matter? how much does the immigration requires me to bring in hong kong dollars, and what are their possible questions for me?please help me.thank you

    • Rick :2012/4/1 20:29:00

      I only know that Filipino passport holders are visa free to Hk for 14 days. For the other questions, I advise you contact the Immigration Department by enquiry hotline at (852) 2824 6111 or by fax at (852) 2877 7711 directly.

  • Replymichael,   India
    2012/3/29 21:47:00

    hi,i am form Indian.i want go Hong Kong.then Hong Kong to Macau travel in ferry,after Macau to Guangzhou travel by bus.can i travel like that?my question is what i need required documents.my passport have Chinese visa.can i go hong kong one-way air ticket?please give me answer

    • Susan :2012/3/30 19:04:00

      yes, you can travel in that way.
      as Indian passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days and Macau visa for 30 days.
      as long as you have valid visa of mainland China, you can go to Guangzhou.
      the document you need to take is your valid passport.
      Have a nice trip!

  • Replylyanne,   China
    2012/3/26 20:52:00

    my boyfriend is working in brunei he want to go to hongkong for vacation,i want to ask if he can get hongkong tourist visa there in brunei?he is philippine passport holder.


    • Lee :2012/3/27 2:38:00

      Hi Lyanne,
      Filipino passport holders are exempt from hong Kong visa for 14 days, so if your boyfriend is going to stay in hong Kong less than 14 days, he does not need to apply the visa.
      he can apply the Hong Kong visa through Chinese Embassy in Brunei if he plan to stay more than 14 days in Hong Kong.

  • Replyaamir,   Pakistan
    2012/3/22 10:59:00

    i want to come hk on visit visa but hk allow only 14 days to pakistanies i want 3 months and want that visa converts into 1year visa.is it possible?

    • Judy :2012/3/22 18:59:00

      i don't think it is possible, but you may try to extend the visa in Hong Kong before it expires (can not be sure whether your application will be accepted).

  • Replyjoel,   United Arab Emirates
    2012/3/22 5:32:00

    I am going to exit from UAE to the Philippines in July. I have a stop over in Hongkong for 6 days. My passport is going to expire on October 22 (3 months valid) on the date of travel. Will I face any problem during my stop over?

    • Nancy :2012/3/22 18:43:00

      yes, you'd better renew your passport before you leave your country.

  • Replysammi,   Qatar
    2012/3/17 17:34:00

    hello there,
    i am a syrian national and living in qatar i want to visit in hongkong what are those requirements that i need to show to the immigration here in qatar aside from my passport and 2way ticket please advise me thanks

    • David :2012/3/18 23:45:00

      You have to apply for a Hk visa/entry permit through the China Embassy in Qatar.

  • ReplyLOvly,   Philippines
    2012/3/17 17:18:00

    i want to visit hk this coming may 2012 and i saw on the list that i can stay for 14 days for free. my question are:
    1. what requirements that the philippine immigration want from me wen i want to travel aside from my passport?..
    2. if given a chance there to find for a job is it ok to stay there and change my status and apply for working visa?... thanks

    • Jack :2012/3/18 23:43:00

      1. I think you mean what the Hk immigration will require from you aside from your filipino passport, right? The others may be your return air ticket, financial proof of enough funds to cover your stay in Hk.
      2. If you want to work in Hk, you must apply for a Hk work visa. I'm not sure whether you can get the visa without exiting Hk.

  • ReplyJoel,   Philippines
    2012/3/15 14:18:00

    Hi! I want to ask if how much approximate 1 night stay in a regular hotel?
    My girl friend & I will stop over in HK for 3 days coming from Saudi Arabia going to Phil. without reservation. Also can we get a ticket entrance in Hongkong dineyland that day? & do you have any idea how much it cost? For the visa, 14 days free?

    • Helen :2012/3/15 19:22:00

      over HKD 300 for a cheap 3-star hotel.
      yes, you can get a the ticket for disneyland the day you go there. it costs HKD 399 for adult.
      Filipino passport holders are free of Hong Kong visa for 14 days.

    • JOEL ( Philippines ) :2012/3/16 21:45:00

      Thank you very much. Appreciated.=)

  • Replyprof shasthri,   India
    2012/3/16 4:10:00

    my arrival is for an international conference and the stay is for three days. am i correct to say that i can seek the visa in the hong kong airport upon my arrival

    • Nancy :2012/3/16 20:54:00

      Indian passport holders are free of Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need to apply the visa.

  • ReplyGenel,   Singapore
    2012/3/14 22:55:00

    Holding Malaysia red co our IC , passport Nationality of origin under Unknown . Place of issue of certificate under Malaysia pilau Pinang is she need apply visa for few day travel hong kong and Shen zheng ? She is holding special visit pass living at Singapore . Where to go apply ? Thank a lot.

    • Marry :2012/3/15 19:18:00

      no need to apply Hong Kong visa, but need a Chinese tourist visa if she goes to Shenzhen.
      she can apply it through the Chinese Embassy in Singapore.

  • ReplyJaani,   India
    2012/3/14 8:18:00


    My work visa (on call visa) for MALAYSIA is approved couple of days ago, when shall I expect the approval papers?


    • Bill :2012/3/14 18:50:00

      Hi Jaani,
      i think you need to contact the embassy, maybe need to collect the visa by your own in the embassy.

 First   Previous    16    17    18    19    20    Next  Last