Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    15    16    17    18    19    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyJhen   Philippines    Apr. 30, 2012 21:34

    Hi Im jhen,
    Me and my family wants to travel to Hong Kong this october. what are the documents we need in order to go there? we are Philippine passport holder.

    • Replied by: sina   May. 01, 2012 20:12

      hi Jhen,
      filipino passport holders can stay in Hong Kong without a visa for at most 14 days, so if you stay in Hong Kong not more than 14 days, you can just go there with your valid passport, but if you wan to stay longer, you need to apply the Hong kong visa through the Chinese embassy or consulate General in your country before you go to Hong kong.

  • Replyjhette   Philippines    Apr. 30, 2012 11:08

    hello...im working her in Dubai,UAE.im planning on my vacation in the Philippines...i just want to ask if i have 28hrs stop-over in Hong Kong from Dubai can i leave the airport?im planning to visit my friend in Macua is this possible..thanks in advance.

    • Replied by: Anne   May. 01, 2012 20:02

      what is your nationality? and what passport are you holding?
      citizens from the countries in the above table are not required visa in Hong kong for certain period. you can have a check to see if your country is list in the above table.

  • ReplyNaumaan   Pakistan    Apr. 27, 2012 09:07

    Hello,i am from pakistan and i want to go HK for participating Gem & jewellery show in june 2012, could u tell plz that wat kind of documents required for getting visa & 2nd can i apply for visa directly to Hk immigration.

    • Replied by: Helper   Apr. 27, 2012 19:40

      1. completed filled out visa application form, with your recently taken passport size photo.
      2. your valid passport.
      3. proof of your finacial status.
      4. round-trip air tickets.
      5. invitation letter from the exhibition (if any)

      you can apply the visa through the Chinese Embassy in your country or you can apply by posting the documents to the Hong Kong immigration department.

      it usually takes 4 - 5 weeks for visa processing, so i think you can start to apply it now.

  • ReplyDe   Canada    Apr. 26, 2012 04:04


    I am Canadian passport holder. If I go to Shenzhen overnight will my tourist visa be reset for another 90 days to be allowed to stay in Hk from my departure of hk to sz?

    • Replied by: Sam   Apr. 26, 2012 19:12

      yes, you may be granted another 90 days to stay in HK.

  • Replyjenny seah   Malaysia    Apr. 19, 2012 22:53

    Hai.I am a Malaysian passport holder will travel to Hk on 21st-24th May this year and my passport will be expired on 27th Dec this year too.Question is,do I need to renew my passport since it has 7 mth old of validity?

    • Replied by: Grace   Apr. 20, 2012 19:19

      no, you don't need to renew your passport.
      since Malaysian passoprt holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 90 days, you just need to ensure your passport has 90 + 30 =120 days validity when you enter Hong Kong.

  • Replyaamir   Pakistan    Apr. 19, 2012 20:25

    i am from pakstam.i wan to come visit on hk for 3 months .plzz tell me sir what i need to do

    • Replied by: Amanda   Apr. 20, 2012 19:17

      you need apply the Hong kong visa through the Chinese Embassy in Pakistan.

  • Replyannielee basilio cambang   Canada    Apr. 18, 2012 21:55

    hi i am a phil passport holder,i am working here in canada but im planning to go in hongkong for few days do i need to get visa in phil?

    • Replied by: Kelly   Apr. 19, 2012 19:25

      you can stay in Hong Kong without a visa for 14 days.

  • ReplyKumar Sandeep   China    Apr. 18, 2012 21:06

    HI, I m a pakistani citizen living in china mainland particularly Shenzhen next to Hong Kong want to visit Hong Kong as a tourist. how can i apply in shenzhen or very nearby for Visa to Hong Kong without going to Beijing? moreover how long it is gona take to process my application?

    • Replied by: Hebe   Apr. 19, 2012 19:22

      you can mail the application forms and required documents directly to the hong Kong immigration department.

  • ReplyKamran   United Arab Emirates    Apr. 18, 2012 10:41

    I'ma pakistani national travelling to the philippines with a connecting flight in Hongkong. Do I need a hongkong transit visa even if I am not going out of the airport?


    • Replied by: Steve   Apr. 18, 2012 20:21

      If you are not holding diplomatic and official passports, you will have to have a valid visa for the HKSAR for whatever purpose, including a direct transit and remain on the airside.

  • Replybreanna   Philippines    Apr. 18, 2012 03:54

    good day! :)
    i & my fiance are leaving for hk next week,we will be staying for 2days 3nyts. i have a PH passport & my fiance holds a green card visa. what else do we need to bring?

    and another thing, do i need to bring a permit traveL? if yes, what is it for? thank you so much.

    • Replied by: Kevin   Apr. 18, 2012 20:18

      Filipino passport holders are visa free to HK for less than 14 days, but may I know which country's passport your fiance are holding?

  • ReplyOmer Ali   Pakistan    Apr. 17, 2012 12:36

    I'm Pakistan National, holding ordinary passport and Already running Import Business. Could you please tell me where to apply Hong Kong Visa and what are the Basic requirements for Business Visa for 15~30 Day's Because Here in Pakistan there is no Embassy deals Hong Kong visa so please tell me the whole and simple procedure for applying visa for hk.. Thanks A Lot...

    • Replied by: bruce   Apr. 17, 2012 19:50

      If you are living in Sindh Province or Balochistan Province, you may just apply for the Hk visa through the China Consulate in in Karachi; if you live in the rest area of Pakistan, you should submit your Hk visa application at the China Embassy in Islamabad.

      The documents required are:
      1. visa application form ID 999A
      2. Photocopy of proof of academic qualifications and relevant working experience
      3. photocopy of your passport
      4. details of proposed business activities in Hk
      5. Photocopy of Business Registration Certificate and business registration particulars
      6. Documents with details of company background such as business activities, mode of operation, background/connection of company, product ranges, sources and markets, membership of chamber of commerce

      Other documents may be also required. I've found the 24 Hours Voice Inquiry Number of the China Embassy in Pakistan for you: 0092-51-8355016

      You may also call the visa office 9:00 am to 12:00 am, and 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday(except holidays) by 0092-51-8355015, when there is special person answering your questions.

  • Replyibrahim Bala   Guinea    Apr. 15, 2012 05:56

    Dear Sir,
    Please may i know if still Guinea Passport holder can travel to Kong Kong visa free? or you will be given a visa at point of entry? Thanks till i hear from you.
    Mr. Ibrahim Bala

    • Replied by: Bruce   Apr. 15, 2012 20:09

      Guinea Passport holders are visa free to Hk for no more than 14 days.

  • ReplyAltaf Hussain   Pakistan    Apr. 14, 2012 06:29

    Hi i am resedence of dubai and mozambique so i want to vist to hong kong

    • Replied by: David   Apr. 14, 2012 20:00

      Which country's passport do you hold?

  • Replyjens   Denmark    Apr. 13, 2012 10:01

    hi i want to ask because my girlfriend from the philippines to stopover in hong kong if she had transit visas?

    • Replied by: Penny   Apr. 13, 2012 19:03

      Hi Jens,
      filipino passport holders are allowed to stay in hong kong without a visa for 14 days, so your girlfriend does not need to apply a Hong Kong visa.

  • ReplyPauline   Philippines    Apr. 12, 2012 01:56

    Hi! I plan to visit Hongkong, with a sister of mine and 2 children (2 y/o and 7y/o). It will only be for 3-4 days (2-3 nights). We're Philippines passport holders. We are not actually invited by anyone to visit Hongkong. We just want to visit Disneyland and perhaps just roam around the great places there. DO we still need visa? What else do we need? How about taxes/charges/fees to pay? An email from you would be great. Thanks a lot for your help.

    • Replied by: Ben   Apr. 12, 2012 19:34

      Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so no need to apply the visa.
      you only need to take your valid passport.

  • ReplyMay   Philippines    Apr. 11, 2012 20:25

    My boyfriend and I are planning to meet this May in Hongkong for leisure what is the documents i needed to prepare to enter HK? PLEASE HELP ME THANKS SO MUCH..

    • Replied by: Peter   Apr. 12, 2012 19:32

      Hi May,
      you can stay in Hong Kong free of visa for 14 days, and just your valid passport is fine. and if you intend to stay longer. you need to apply a Hong Kong visa.

  • Replysammy   Saudi Arabia    Apr. 10, 2012 22:44

    Good morning Mam/Sir:
    I work here in saudi with my family..this coming april 25 were going vacation to phillipines but my son want visit and see disneyland..it's frist time to stop over in hongkong for 1 day and we dont know what should we do...Cathay pacific transpotation

    • Replied by: Taylor   Apr. 11, 2012 19:05

      Hi Sammy,
      which country's passport are you holding?
      pasport holders of some countries do not need apply Hong Kong visa within certain period.

    • Replied by: sammy ( Saudi Arabia )   Apr. 12, 2012 06:15

      our passport is phillipenes

    • Replied by: Taylor   Apr. 12, 2012 19:28

      Hi Sammy,
      Filipino passport holders can stay in Hong Kong for at most 14 days without a visa, so you don't need to apply the Hong Kong visa and just your valid passport is Ok.

  • ReplyRicha makhija   India    Apr. 11, 2012 06:26

    I want to know how much money an indian has to show in total (liquid or cash)who is applying for Hong kong PR Visa.

    • Replied by: Polly   Apr. 11, 2012 19:19

      it is said you have to have HKD 6.5 millions. you'd better consult the Hong Kong immigration department or an immigration agents.

  • ReplyEmmanuel   Nigeria    Apr. 09, 2012 15:07

    Good morning sir/madam, i am Nigeria and i need to go to Hong Kong for vesting, is it visa on arrival with Nigeria or i will apply a visa in my country. Pls, just put me clear, thanks and God bless you all

    • Replied by: Salem   Apr. 09, 2012 18:21

      you need to apply it through the Chinese Embassy in your country.

  • ReplyProf   Pakistan    Apr. 08, 2012 03:32

    I am living in china mainland having official passport of pakistan and resident permit, i want to visit honk kong for one week time with my wife who is having non official passport of pakistan with L type visa having 1 entry. how can we visit hong kong , do we both require visa for hong kong and do my wife require new visa for china on coming back to from hong kong since she have l type visa for one entry not multiple entry???

    • Replied by: David   Apr. 08, 2012 20:50

      You are holding an official passport, so you may visit the HKSAR visa-free for a stay not exceeding 14 days. However, your wife have to apply for a visa from the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. And your wife also have to apply for a new China visa for her return to China mainland from Hk.

 First   Previous    15    16    17    18    19    Next  Last