Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    14    15    16    17    18    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replyeatilano47@yahoo.com   Philippines    Jun. 24, 2012 20:32

    Gud Morning,

    Please give me an advice,I am Planing to go alone in HOngkong this coming July 2012, I am from Philippines wat is my requirement in Passing Immigration or Hongkong Custom? and how much money will be needed for 1 week tour Vacation...please reply..

    • Replied by: David   Jun. 25, 2012 20:11

      you need to show your valid passport and round-trip air tickets, sometimes they also require the voucher of hotel reservation.
      the approximate fee is CNY 5,000 for one week, but it is still depend on you.

  • Replylaurine rubia   Hong Kong, China    Jun. 18, 2012 07:26

    hi good day.
    I'm currently working here in honkong as well as my mother and were planning to invite my fiance to come here this month as a tourist in 14days any documents that he need to present in the immigration?.. pls reply thank you

    • Replied by: Allen   Jun. 18, 2012 18:59

      what is your fiance's nationality? people from some countries are exempt from Hong Kong visa, just their valid passport and rount-trip air ticket will be enough to present int he immigration.

  • Replysveta   Viet Nam    Jun. 15, 2012 23:01

    I am VN citizen who is flying from australia to Vietnam via HK (transit for 10h). do i need a visa during that period?

    • Replied by: Frank   Jun. 17, 2012 23:57

      If you will remain on the airside, no visa will be requried for you.

  • ReplyJhen   Philippines    Jun. 15, 2012 10:50

    Hi! I am a Chinese passport holder from the Phil's. Do I need to secure an entry permit to HK and Macau if my tour is for less than a week? And another question is, if I will travel with my kids who are Filipino passport holders and I need to stay in HK for 2 weeks to be with them, what is the best thing to do for me (chinese passport holder) to be able to extend my stay in HK for another 7 days?

    • Replied by: Lisa   Jun. 15, 2012 19:29

      the best way is to apply the entry permits for both Hong Kong and Macau through the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines.

  • ReplyFortune Nafew   China    Jun. 12, 2012 19:47

    I'm a Bangladeshi studying in China now. But I'm facing a lot of problem to get my tuition fees and living expenses from my parents as we couldn't find any easier way to transfer money from Bangladesh to China. Can you suggest me any? And can I open an account in HSBC China bank?

    • Replied by: Hank   Jun. 13, 2012 18:35

      i think you'd better consult the banks.
      yes, you can open an account in HSBC.

  • ReplyAditya   India    Jun. 04, 2012 23:45

    Hi I am aditya from india..I already have a a resident permit of china but for my mom who is visiting me in china is coming via hongkong with a single entry visa of china and she gonna stay in china for 20days...can she return back via hong kong again or does she have to make a special pass or visa for hong kong?

    • Replied by: James   Jun. 05, 2012 19:42

      yes, she can go back via Hong Kong without any visa or special pass, since Indian passport holders are exempt from hong Kong for at most 14 days.

    • Replied by: Aditya ( India )   Jun. 05, 2012 22:44

      Thanks for your response James. Now my question is when she will enter hongkong, the Immigration office will see the onward and return tickets.

      Immigration office will gonna provide 14days visa and if the return tickets will be after 2months as ( she will gonna live 20days in china) so they will definitely ask the question why the return ticket is after 2months although the hongkong immmigration office is offer to give her 14days visa.

      What to do in that case ?

      Or Shall i book the tickets directly from China ?

      I want her to come via hongkong.

    • Replied by: James   Jun. 06, 2012 19:14

      take is easy Aditya,
      since she has the China visa, the Hong Kong immigration will undertand her situation and will not ask so many questions. and you don't have to book the ticket direct from China.
      if the immigration ask the question why the airticket is after 2 months, just tell the truth that she will stay in mainland China for 20 days and will go back to India via Hong Kong.
      i think things will be smooth as long as she is not over stay in mainland China or Hong Kong.

  • Replyeyah   Philippines    Jun. 03, 2012 20:54

    Good day, I am from Philippines and also holder of phil. passport. I am planning to go to Dubai with tourist visa. Can I apply first tour package to hongkong then from hongkong I will fly to dubai with my dxb visa? Is it possible to happen? from phils to hk then hk to dubai...if so, what are the requirements from the place of origin to be showed to phil immig and hk immig?

    • Replied by: Steve   Jun. 04, 2012 01:52

      Yes, you can visti Hk first amd then go to Dubai. I find that Filipino citizens are visa free to Hk for less than 14 days, but you still have to show your air ticket for leaving Hk and enough fund for your stay in Hk when enter Hk. Not sure what Immigration office of Philippines will require, but It's convenient for you to get the answer from your local immigration office for you, right?

  • Replykhadija   Tanzania, United Republic Of    May. 25, 2012 14:49

    hallo i want to travel from beijing to hongkong with a train is it possible or should i go via shenzen border advice thanks

    • Replied by: Anna   May. 25, 2012 19:20

      yes, it is possible to take a train from Beijing to Hong Kong, but the train trip takes over 23 hours.
      if you take a flight to Shenzhen, and then the airport shuttle bus to Luohu railway station, and pass the border, it takes about 4 hours to get to Hong Kong.

  • Replywasike   Kenya    May. 25, 2012 14:40

    hi my passport got lost in china and now applied for a newpassport via my embassy in china i will be given like 14days china visa after getting the china visa can i exit in hongkong then back to china or do ineed to stay until my passport is 60days

    • Replied by: Lisa   May. 25, 2012 19:11

      hi wasike,i think you can only stay in mainland China untill you get your new passport.also, is your Chinese visa is a single entry visa? if so, you can not enter China when you are back from Hong Kong.

  • Replyaaroop   India    May. 21, 2012 00:02

    i had applied for study visa of 6 weeks for hong kong in the Chinese consulate. but they said that study visa will be made on arrival in hong kong and returned my documents.
    is it true???

    • Replied by: Gina   May. 21, 2012 19:50

      according to the regulation of the Hong Kong Immigration department, you should apply the visa through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in your country, but since the Chinese consulate said so, i think you'd better consult the Hong Kong immigration first.
      here is their contact information:

  • Replyjameel alharbi   Saudi Arabia    May. 20, 2012 11:21

    I am Saudi nationality and I will go to the Philippines, accompanied by my family
    I have a trip to Hong Kong Tourism
    My question is do we need a Visa to enter Hong Kong?

    Thank you

    • Replied by: Iris   May. 20, 2012 19:22

      visitors of Saudi nationality or passport holders of Saudi Arabia are exempt from Hong kong visa for 30 days. so you don't need to apply the Hong Kong visa.

  • ReplyJeremon   Singapore    May. 17, 2012 21:48

    Dear Sir/Madam, refer to my earlier question, is there any express visa application for my china friend? If yes, how many days for the processing? How much is the fees? He used to have the Hong Kong entry visa and travel in and out Hong Kong many times for transit to other countries, in his case, if he apply the express visa application, the chances of getting the visa will it be higher?

  • Replyravindran mathiyoly   Sri Lanka    May. 17, 2012 17:11

    Dear Sir,

    i have resident permit visa in china so i want to visit hong kong how to apply hong kong visa in china or hong kong please advise me sir.

    • Replied by: Gina   May. 17, 2012 20:11

      you can post the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
      or submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.

  • ReplyJeremon   Singapore    May. 17, 2012 08:25

    Dear Sir/Madam,
    My friends and I holding Singapore passport, were be visiting Hong Kong on 01Jun, we were only be staying 1 night in Hong Kong, travel to Shenzhen the next day (02Jun) around 3-4pm, during our stay in Hong Kong, a friend from Dongguan (holding Mainland Passport) will be visiting us after his work, guess he will only arrive Hong Kong around 10pm, according to him, he said he need to obtain a entry visa in order to visit Hong Kong, his current Hong Kong entry visa only expired on 21May and he can only re-apply the entry visa when his current visa is expired, which is 21May, but by then we afraid that my friend will not be able to get his visa on time as the visa application takes about 10-15 days, is there anyway that he can visit Hong Kong without entry visa staying less that 24 hours?

    • Replied by: Vivien   May. 17, 2012 20:10

      Hi Jeremon,
      your friend must holding an entry permit to go to Hong Kong. i think there is no time for him to apply one even now.

  • Replyjohn tolentino   Philippines    May. 14, 2012 23:29

    Hi im j0hn fr0m philippines,i wnt to go h0ngk0ng,just wanna kn0w f only pasp0rt is needed to get there?H0w ab0ut bank ac0untrt?R0und trip tickets?

    • Replied by: Hebe   May. 15, 2012 18:59

      yes John,
      only your valid passport is required, and it would better if you've got the round-trip tickets.

  • ReplyArnold   Philippines    May. 10, 2012 09:09

    Hi. I am currently working in Saudi Arabia and planning to drop by Hong Kong sometime in August or September 2012. I am a Philippine passport holder. Do I need to get a tourist visa?

    • Replied by: Terry   May. 10, 2012 19:53

      how long are you going to stay in Hong Kong?
      filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, which means you need to apply a hong Kong visa if you want to stay more than 14 days.

    • Replied by: Arnold ( Philippines )   May. 11, 2012 00:37

      may be 3-4 days only. just to visit some friends in HK.

    • Replied by: Kate   May. 11, 2012 19:04

      then you don't need to apply the Hong kong visa.

  • Replyrubelyn   Philippines    May. 04, 2012 05:37

    i'm from Philippines and planning to go to Hongkong with my 3 year old son,,do I need to get a travel permit for my child in order to enter Hongkong?

    • Replied by: Jack   May. 04, 2012 19:09

      Does your son have a passport?

  • Replyjameel   Saudi Arabia    May. 02, 2012 06:57

    I,m saudi then i want to go to Hong Kong But one of my childern added with his mother passport.and he is 5 years old so it ok for him or need separate passport

    • Replied by: Tina   May. 02, 2012 20:15

      it is ok for him, and no need to apply a seperate passport.

  • ReplyJhen   Philippines    Apr. 30, 2012 21:34

    Hi Im jhen,
    Me and my family wants to travel to Hong Kong this october. what are the documents we need in order to go there? we are Philippine passport holder.

    • Replied by: sina   May. 01, 2012 20:12

      hi Jhen,
      filipino passport holders can stay in Hong Kong without a visa for at most 14 days, so if you stay in Hong Kong not more than 14 days, you can just go there with your valid passport, but if you wan to stay longer, you need to apply the Hong kong visa through the Chinese embassy or consulate General in your country before you go to Hong kong.

  • Replyjhette   Philippines    Apr. 30, 2012 11:08

    hello...im working her in Dubai,UAE.im planning on my vacation in the Philippines...i just want to ask if i have 28hrs stop-over in Hong Kong from Dubai can i leave the airport?im planning to visit my friend in Macua is this possible..thanks in advance.

    • Replied by: Anne   May. 01, 2012 20:02

      what is your nationality? and what passport are you holding?
      citizens from the countries in the above table are not required visa in Hong kong for certain period. you can have a check to see if your country is list in the above table.

 First   Previous    14    15    16    17    18    Next  Last