Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    13    14    15    16    17    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyMirel    Aug. 01, 2012 18:12

    Hello!!! Please help me, it is URGENT!!! I am a citizen of Kyrgyzstan, but currently travelling in China, i am going to Hong Kong for internship for 6 months. where in China i can apply for Hong Kong visa and how many days it take?

    • Replied by: Peter   Aug. 01, 2012 19:50

      you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
      it usually takes a few weeks.

  • Replyseta   Philippines    Jul. 30, 2012 08:34


    I hold a Chinese passport, do I need to visa/entry permit for the ff. trips?

    Total stay in HK is around 5 days and less than 1 day in Macau

    a. from Singapore to Hong Kong to Philippines ?

    b. from Philippines to Hong Kong to Macau to Hong Kong then back to Philippines ?

    c. from Singapore to Hong Kong to Macau to Hong Kong to Philippines ?


    • Replied by: Emma   Jul. 30, 2012 19:38

      you can do route a without an entry permit. you need to apply the enty permit for both hong Kong and Macau for route B or C. please note you have to apply a double-entry permit for Hong Kong for your trip.

    • Replied by: Seta21 ( Philippines )   Jul. 30, 2012 21:26

      Thanks! How about for below case? Still chinese passport and not more than 7 days with less than 1 day in shenzen.

      d. From Singapore to hong kong to shenzen to hong kong to Philippines?

      e. from Philippines to hong kong to shenzen to hong kong to philippines?

      Thanks very much!

    • Replied by: Emma   Jul. 31, 2012 19:15

      the entry permit is required if you visit Shenzhen during the trip, and you have to apply a double-entry permit.

  • Replymahboobeh   Iran (Islamic Republic Of)    Jul. 28, 2012 09:19

    hey there,
    I am from Iran , I have tourist visa for China and i want to go Hongkong for 3 days ....can I get hongkong tourist visa in China? how long it will take? i can get an invitation letter from a hongkong company that i do business with them ....do u think it could be helpful for me?

    • Replied by: Carl   Jul. 28, 2012 23:07

      Yes, you can apply for a Hk visa from the branch office of Hk immigration in Beijing. It takes about a week usually, and there may be express service provided. The invitation letter from the Hk company will be of much help for your visa application.

  • ReplyDon    Jul. 22, 2012 10:27

    Hello, I am a Filipino who is also a permanent resident of Canada. I have a 30 day (single entry) tourist visa to China.

    My planned Itinerary is to travel from Canada to Hongkong and maybe stay there for 1-2 days or go straight to Shenzhen for 3 weeks, then back to Hongkong for few days, then back to Canada.

    Will there be a problem with this as Hongkong grant 14 days free-visa to Filipinos only or they will not consider my stay in Shenzhen as this will be considered as I exited Hongkong already. Please advise.... Thanks...

    • Replied by: Babara   Jul. 22, 2012 18:35

      take is easy Don, there will be no problem.
      you will exit Hong Kong if you go to Shenzhen, but the second time you enter Shenzhen you will be granted another 14 days.

  • Replyfely   Philippines    Jul. 21, 2012 03:19

    I will visit in hongkong for 7 days staying in my hongkong national friend what kind of documents that am going to bring? i have passport and tickets.

    • Replied by: Bruce   Jul. 21, 2012 19:42

      You also need the proof og enough funds to cover your duration in Hk either yours or your sponsor in Hk's and photocopy of th eHk friend's Hk ID card.

  • ReplyTobias   Panama    Jul. 20, 2012 11:20

    Hello, I am from Panama, in a training in Beijing for six months with a F visa. I need to travel to hong kong for 02 day, to a conference, in two weeks. I should apply a visa for entering hong kong in Beijing... But how long does it takes to take the visa approval and what is the best type of visa for me. I will not do any business nor selling, nor working. Only go to a conference in a university in hong kong. that all.

    • Replied by: Tina   Jul. 20, 2012 20:36

      you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
      you can just apply the tourist visa and it usually take a few weeks to process the visa, for detailed information, please consult the officer there.

  • Replymarissa asuncion   Philippines    Jul. 13, 2012 06:08

    I have Filipino passport that is valid four 4months.we have plan to go to hongkong for 4 days trip,is my passport still valid to travel?

    • Replied by: Amanda   Jul. 13, 2012 19:09

      it is ok if your passport has a validity of at least 44 days at the day you enter Hong Kong.

  • ReplyJanine   Philippines    Jul. 12, 2012 18:07

    Hi im janine from philippines i will visit china for only 1week so i still need visa or no need to get visa??

    • Replied by: Sally   Jul. 12, 2012 19:08

      you need to apply a visa if you are going to visit Mainland China, but a visa is not required if you visit Hong Kong or Macau for one week.

  • ReplyMazen   Jordan    Jul. 12, 2012 01:11

    Hello sir. I'm a student looking to visit Hong Kong this Sep :)
    I'm a Jordanian national, and from a couple of re-searches I've made, it seems that I don't require any entry visa for Hong Kong.

    I wanna stay there for two weeks or so, and I wanted to know if it is necessary to have the two ways ticket to enter?

    Cause I was planning on buying on way ticket from Dubai, and then buy the other one to Istanbul while I'm in Hong Kong.

    Also, if my flight is doing a small transit stop somewhere in China or India, do I need a visa for that?

    Thanks a lot :)

    • Replied by: Brain   Jul. 12, 2012 19:06

      1. you'd better to provide the air tickets.
      2. you don't need a visa if you stay within the Chinese airport for transit not more than 24 hours, but i'm not sure the regulation for India. you may consult the air company.

  • ReplyHolly   Macau, China    Jul. 10, 2012 06:51

    I got china visa from the china embassy in Macau. And i haven't enter china since i got it, i plan to go there by this weekend. Sorry was mistaken there is no certain date on china custom stamp.
    Your answer are quite helpfull for me!! Thank you very much!!

    Best Regard :)

    • Replied by: Emily   Jul. 10, 2012 18:50

      I see. since you workded in Macau, so you can get the Chinese visa in Macau.
      have a nice trip!

  • ReplyHolly    Jul. 09, 2012 02:57

    Dear sir,
    Thank you very much for your reply for my last question. I went to apply 3 months single entry china visa. What I don't understand is the officer lady said that I will get 7 days entry china visa, so should I stay only 7 days or can I stay up to 20 or 30 days as every time I entered china the custom officer will give me 30 days visa stamp.

    Thank you again!!


    • Replied by: Anna   Jul. 09, 2012 19:50

      i'm confused. where did you get the visa for Mainland China?
      since you have already got a single entry China visa, have you already used it to enter mainland China? if you have already been to Mainland China, then the visa can not be used anymore.
      as for your question, if the officer said you get 7 days, you can only stay in Mainland China for 7 days.

  • ReplyHolly   Macau, China    Jul. 08, 2012 04:02

    I'm hding indonesian pasport and I just resign from my job (casino hotel) in Macau and I plan to visit Guang Zhou for about 3 weeks to one month before I go back to my country (Indonesia).
    I'm bit confuse weather I book ticket to flight to my home town from hong kong or I have to book ticket to flight from Guang Zhou to my country.
    And is it ok if I go to Guang Zhou trough HK by train. Will hong kong immigration let me entry on my way to Guang Zhou and on my way to hong kong airport ??

    Regard holly

    • Replied by: Emily   Jul. 08, 2012 19:33

      Hi Holly,
      do you have a Chinese visa?
      i think you need to change your plan if you don't have one.
      as Indonesian passport holder, you are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 30 days, so there is no problem for you go to Hong Kong from Macau.
      however, you need to apply a visa to Mainland China if you plan to visit Guangzhou. Indonesian passport holders are not allowed to apply the visa in Hong Kong or Macau, so you have to apply it through the Chinese Embassy in your country or other countries (some also require the residence permit of that country when you apply the Chinese visa).

  • ReplyMuahammad Asif   Pakistan    Jul. 07, 2012 07:26

    Dear Sir,

    Respectfully i beg to say that i wana work in hongkong but i have not a job.
    i am graguate.

    please guide me.

    how can i apply for a job.


    best regards!

    • Replied by: Kina   Jul. 07, 2012 19:35

      You have to find an offer yourself.

  • ReplyHelen   China    Jul. 05, 2012 09:06

    Hi, Iam Indonesian & live in Beijing with F visa holder. I will traveling to Hongkong next week but next week my china visa will expired . so can I renew my China visa in Hongkong? where can i renew my china visa in Hongkong. ?

    • Replied by: Babara   Jul. 05, 2012 18:28

      no Helen,
      you can not renew your visa in Hong Kong, but need to renew it Mainland China before you go to Hong Kong.

  • ReplyStan   Congo    Jul. 03, 2012 23:49

    Hi, my name is stan from Republic of Congo,I'm a student in a Mainland(china)so di I need a visa to get Hong cong? bye the way i would like to use this way; Jinan(shandong)-Shenzhen-Hong kong and Hong Kong- Jinan, is it possible. thank you for your help.

    • Replied by: Anne   Jul. 04, 2012 18:55

      yes, you need to apply the visa to Hong Kong.
      you can post the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
      or you can submit the documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.

  • ReplyLeigh   United Kingdom    Jul. 03, 2012 12:48

    My partner has signed with a rugby club in hong kong, i am moving there with him next month. i hope to apply for jobs once im there. is it normal practice to turn up for my 180 day visa free period then apply for a work visa once i have a supporting employer before this period expires?

    • Replied by: Ashley   Jul. 03, 2012 19:29

      yes, it is possible. as long as you sign the contract with your employer, you can apply for a work permit in Hong Kong. but please make it clear that what documents you need to prepare before you leave UK. you can consult the Hong Kong immigration department for detailed information.

  • ReplyVi   Philippines    Jun. 30, 2012 20:25

    Hi, I am from the Philippines and I have a roundtrip ticket to HK for ten days this August. Since I will be attending a special conference for a week in HK, I am planning for a side trip to the neighboring cities such as Macau and Guangzhou for the remaining four days of my travel. My question is do I need to secure a separate visa for Guangzhou and Macau? Where do I get the visa, from the Philippines or border pass will do? I have a friend from Guangzhou who is inviting me to stay at her house. Thanks.

    • Replied by: Frank   Jul. 01, 2012 20:21

      Filipino passport holders don't need any vias to macau for no more than 30 days, but they do need a visa ti mainladn China such as Guangzhou. You'd better apply for a China visa from the China Embassy or consulate-general in Philippine ahead of your trip. It's impossibel for you to get an on-arrival visa for your trip to Guangzhou if you are not under emergency.

  • Replyjoms pasky   Philippines    Jun. 29, 2012 03:47

    hello im joms phil. i just want to know if it is ok that we only reserve 1 day in hotel.... but our roundtrip ticket to hongkong is good for 3days... so if we do really like the hotel we will just extend it for 3days is that ok?

    • Replied by: Hebe   Jun. 29, 2012 19:52

      i think it is ok, since Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, and you have your round-trip air tickets.

  • ReplyCyam   Philippines    Jun. 26, 2012 23:25

    Hello, my current Philippine passport is with the US Embassy for visa stamping. Can I use my old passport (got extended until 2013 but has been punched with holes) to go to Hong Kong on a 4-day trip with my family?

    • Replied by: Ashley   Jun. 27, 2012 19:05

      you can use your old passport as long as it is valid and has a validity of at most 44 days.

  • Replydaniel   Romania    Jun. 26, 2012 02:12

    hello,me and my girlfriend wanna travel to honk kong....i am a romanian citizen and she is zambian citizen...do we need any visa to visit hong kong? thank you

    • Replied by: emily   Jun. 26, 2012 19:06

      no, you don't need the Hong Kong visa, both Romanian and Zambian passport holders are allowed to stay in Hong Kong for at most 90 days without a visa.

 First   Previous    13    14    15    16    17    Next  Last