Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    11    12    13    14    15    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replyje boy phil   Philippines    Oct. 16, 2012 06:43

    hi. i am a novice backpacker and its my first time in hongkong and will be arriving on the 19th of oct. i have my roundtrip tickets, some 1000 usd and credit cards for an overnight stay in hk as i will be crossing macau the following day. problem is i just cant make my hotel reservation online..want to make it upon arrival in hk... is this legally possible in the eyes of immigration officials? thanks....

    • Replied by: Jerry   Oct. 16, 2012 20:09

      don't worry, there will be no problem.

  • Replyzhen   Philippines    Oct. 16, 2012 06:14

    hi....i am a Filipino passport holder and currently a tourist in Malaysia.I plan to visit my husband working in Hongkong and stay at his place.I decided also to go back in the Philippines from Hongkong not Malaysia.Please advise me regarding the purchase of my ticket.do i need a round trip ticket from malaysia to hk and hk to malaysia....or just malaysia to hk and hk to the philippines...please share your ideas to avoid unwanted circumstances at the hk immigration when i will arrive at hk tnx......

    • Replied by: Billy   Oct. 16, 2012 20:05

      the air tickets from Malaysia to HK and HK to the Phillippines are ok.

  • ReplyWendy   United Arab Emirates    Oct. 14, 2012 23:27

    Hi, I am from Philippines currently working as a family\lady driver here in U.A.E..I am planning to apply for work in Hong kong after I finish my coontract here in two years..But can i do it like from here then I will buy a ticket to hong kong and stay there and find a job? Cause i dont want to go to Philippines and there apply for Hong Kong.Do i need a visa or an entry permit?

    • Replied by: Alice   Oct. 15, 2012 18:41

      as a Filipino passport holder, you are granted 14 days visa free stay in Hong Kong,
      but i don't think 14 days are enough for you to find a job and obtain a work permit.
      so you'd better start to hunt for job now and do the work permit application in UAE.

  • ReplyChel   Philippines    Oct. 12, 2012 16:16

    Hi I'm from Phils. I just want to ask if Hongkong Immigration needs to show our money. Me, my sister and my friend are going to Hong Kong this coming December 2012 for 2 days only, we already have a round trip airfare ticket, book one of guest house there also. I don't have any bank account, we just save money to spend there about $200 each of us. So my question is and confused do they need a bank statement in us?

    • Replied by: Babara   Oct. 12, 2012 20:01

      you do not need to provide the bank statement if the money you take can cover your trip. usually it is said you need to take at least USD 100 per person for each day.

  • ReplyAnn    Oct. 10, 2012 07:14

    Hi,,I'm Philippine passport holder currently in Qatar ,I'm planning to have vacation for atleast 10 days. Do I need to apply visa? Do I need to to have a bank accnt or is it ok if it's in cash? Thanks

    • Replied by: Kina   Oct. 10, 2012 20:29

      10 days in Hong Kong?
      no, you do not need a Hong Kong visa.
      but you need to provide your bank account. if for cash, you need to take at least USD 100 per day, say USD 1,000 for 10 days, excluding hotel and air fare.
      hotel reservation, round-trip air tickets are also required.

  • ReplyMuhammad Islam   United Arab Emirates    Oct. 09, 2012 22:48

    I am holding Pakistani Passport (ordinary) and want to visit Hong Kong. I am currently living and working In Dubai, U.A.E on employment visa. Can you please advise, if i need visa to enter Hong Kong. I would like to go to Australia first from Dubai for about 1 week and from there on my way back would like to spend sometime in Hong Kong. Please advise if i can get the visa from Hong Kong Airport or do i have to apply for the visa from Dubai, U.A.E. Thanks

    Muhammad Islam

    • Replied by: Susan   Oct. 10, 2012 20:12

      you have to apply the Hong Kong visa in Dubai through the Chinese Embassy there.

  • ReplyMary Lee   Malaysia    Oct. 09, 2012 03:11

    I am a Malaysian I intend to take a relative to visit HK in November. We will stay for 20 days. My relative is a permanent resident of Malaysia. She is a holder of certificate of identity (Malaysia). Does she need a visa for visit Hong Kong. We have already bought our round trip air tickets. Please let me know early. If required please enlighten. We are very anxious.

    • Replied by: Bill   Oct. 09, 2012 19:27

      Malaysian passport holders are exempt from the Hong Kong visa for 90 days.
      dose your relative hold a Malaysian passport?
      if yes, she does not need the Hong Kong visa.

  • Replymelanie   Hong Kong, China    Sep. 30, 2012 23:11

    hi my husband and my daughter is coming here on oct 14-19...i already provided all the document needed for them like passport and contract copy, i also provide a supporting letter for them.. but i just wanted to know about the show money... because for a safety reason i prefer not to let them carry a big amount of cash to avoid some dangerous circumstances during their travel from our place to Clark airport but i will be providing all their expenses... is it okey?

    • Replied by: Andy   Oct. 08, 2012 00:31

      if you will provide the expenses, you need to provide your bank certificate.

  • Replyeden jacobo    Sep. 26, 2012 00:24

    hi, im eden, a filipina working here in hongkong. I want to tour my daughter here in hongkong she is only 10years old. What is the document needed so she can come here in hongkong? Tnx.

    • Replied by: Ben   Sep. 26, 2012 19:04

      does your daughter has her own passport?
      you probably need to apply a visa for her.
      please consult the Hong Kong immigration department for detailed information.

  • Replyjely   Philippines    Sep. 25, 2012 17:47

    hi,,i'm Philippines. if i'm going to Hong Kong just for 4 days only.i only have passport.do i need to get a visa or any documents?thanks

    • Replied by: Brenda   Sep. 25, 2012 19:38

      you do not need to apply a visa, but you have to provide the round-trip air tickets, the hotel reservation, and your bank certificate.

    • Replied by: jely ( Philippines )   Sep. 25, 2012 20:02

      it is ok if i don't have a hotel reservation? i have a friend living in Hong Kong and i will stay her home just a 4 days only.

    • Replied by: Anne   Sep. 26, 2012 18:47

      yes, it is ok.

  • ReplyLouie   Philippines    Sep. 23, 2012 23:51

    Hi I am planning to Visit Hong Kong This October 5. I am still confused if I need a hotel reservation as I am traveling and staying in my Aunt's place. Actually I have my plane ticket already and I have enough fund during my stay there. Please let me know your opinion.

    • Replied by: Yoyo   Sep. 24, 2012 19:22

      then you do not have to provide the hotel reservation.

  • Replyjhay   United States    Sep. 20, 2012 10:42

    Hi my mom and sister is going to hongkong tomorrow but i just found out that they need an invitation letter thats notarized from Philippine Consulate in HK, is that reallly needed? theyre leaving tomorrow. Please get back to me as soon as you can and pleas elet me know what are our other options.

    • Replied by: Laura   Sep. 20, 2012 19:57

      no, the invitation letter is not required.
      if they are holding the Filipino passport, they are visa-free in Hong Kong for 14 days only with their valid passport, round-trip air tickets, and enough money.

  • ReplyAnn   Philippines    Sep. 17, 2012 20:30

    Hi there! I have booked trip to HK this october but I also want to travel to Shenzhen for a day trip.. is it possible to get a visa at HK or even at the Boarder? thanks!

    • Replied by: Ashley   Sep. 18, 2012 19:02

      you have to apply the visa for mainland China in your country before you leave, but you can also book a one-day tour to Shenzhen with a local travel agency in Hong Kong, so that you do not need to apply the visa for mainland China.

  • Replyliz   Philippines    Jul. 19, 2012 09:53

    Hi. My boyfriend is coming home from KSA and will be stopping by HK for a few days. I might travel to HK as well to meet him there. From your previous replies, all I need is my valid passport, return tickets and hotel reservation voucher. Would they consider the voucher even if it is under my boyfriend's name? And what if they want me to provide proof that I have sufficient funds for my travel? What do I need to prepare? Lastly, would it be ok to wait for my boyfriend at the airport a couple of hours since I would arrive earlier than him? Thank you!

    • Replied by: Amanda   Jul. 19, 2012 19:49

      1. isn't there your name on the voucher? or do you have the form of hotel reservation which shows both of your names.
      2. you should provide the certificate of your bank account.
      3. it is ok for you to wait your boyfriend at the airport.

    • Replied by: Liz ( Philippines )   Sep. 16, 2012 19:17

      We booked the hotel reservation online and since they only asked for a single name, the room is under his name. Do we have to change it?

      Can you tell me how much cash should I bring to show that I have sufficient funds? I will bring my ATM card that can dispense money in HKG banks as well.

    • Replied by: Amanda   Sep. 16, 2012 20:37

      I think you may have to add your name in the hotel reservation voucher. I'm not sure how much money you should have as the financial proof. You may call Immigation office of Macau by (853) 2872 5488 to get the accurate answer.

  • ReplyRusty   United Arab Emirates    Sep. 10, 2012 00:23

    Hi.. I just to ask regarding having a tourist visa traveling for hong kong to abu dhabi, UAE. Is there such thing as show money needed to travel from hongkong to UAE?
    Thanks for the help.

    • Replied by: David   Sep. 10, 2012 19:15

      no, no need if you are holidng a visa to the country.

  • ReplyJazzy   Malaysia    Sep. 04, 2012 01:05

    hi..i'm going for an 8 days holiday trip to hong kong mid of september..and since i'm from Malaysia, as per the above explanation, seems that i do not require visa..but from the comment i notice that u mention the immigration will check whether you have enough money for your stay or not.. how do i know how much the immigration will consider as enough money? hope to hear from you soon. tq

    • Replied by: Gina   Sep. 04, 2012 18:34

      some said you should take about USD 100 for each day in Hong Kong.
      you also need to show your round-trip air tickets, and voucher of hotel booking.

  • ReplyJah   United Arab Emirates    Aug. 29, 2012 09:21

    hi, i am a filipina ofw here in abu dhabi, i will have my yearly vacation in the philippines this november, and im planning to go to hongkong for a 6 days tour, i will jz book my hotel upon arrival in hongkong..what are the documents needed to pass the philippine immigration since my flight is manila-hongkong, hongkong manila via cebu pacific?

    • Replied by: Emily   Aug. 29, 2012 19:56

      your valid passport, round-trip air tickets, enough cash that can cover your trip in Hong Kong or your bank certificate.

  • Replyella   Philippines    Aug. 29, 2012 07:25

    i am ella a filipina, wants to know that after my 14 days visa in hongkong then go back to Philippines. how long i'm going to wait to enter Hongkong again.

    • Replied by: Olivia   Aug. 29, 2012 19:54

      you can even reenter Hong Kong the next day, but this kind of "reenter" is not suggested for the second time, cauze the immigration officer may refuse you to enter.

  • ReplyAljora Correa   Philippines    Aug. 29, 2012 05:37

    hi....id like to ask what are the requirements needed for a first time applicant of passport? i hope to hear from you...thanks...

    • Replied by: Allen   Aug. 29, 2012 19:48

      you need to consult the immigration department in your country about the requirements for passport.

  • Replyaimee   Philippines    Aug. 29, 2012 05:30

    hello, my family will be going to Hong Kong this October. Is there a need for invitation letter even if we will be staying in a hotel? thank you

    • Replied by: Peter   Aug. 29, 2012 19:47

      no, an invitation letter is not necessary, but you have to provide the round-trip air tickets, the voucher of hotel reservation and enough money that can cover your trip in Hong Kong, sometimes the immigration officer will require you to provide your bank certificate.

 First   Previous    11    12    13    14    15    Next  Last