Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    10    11    12    13    14    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyHal,   China
    2012/12/9 21:14:00

    I understand that an indian passport holder gets 14day visa on arrival in Hongkong. After 14 days in Hong Kong, can the holder exit and re-enter (2 days later) Hong Kong and get anathor 14 days on arrival visa?

    • Emma :2012/12/10 17:35:00

      yes, you can.

  • Replyahmed hafeez,   Pakistan
    2012/12/5 6:39:00

    hi.i am a citizen of pakistan and i wants to go hongkong to visit my friend and i want to stay in hongkong for 2 weeks.whats the requirement of visa?

    • Wendy :2012/12/5 18:03:00

      Hi, you can find the detailed requriements from the above article.

  • Replyrhea,   Philippines
    2012/12/3 17:02:00

    hi im a filipina,my friend is going to abu dhabi UAE (to work) via hongkong. He already had his Abu Dhabi visa, and he will be staying with his relatives for 5 days in Hongkong. What other requirements he needed to go to Hongkong?

    • Hebe :2012/12/3 18:25:00

      an invitation from his relatives, the air tickets to the UAE.

  • ReplyShiny,   Philippines
    2012/11/30 9:04:00

    i'm a filipino who wants to go in hongkong just for 6 days, do i still need to apply visa? because im so confused cos my friend says i still need to apply visa but the travel agency who book our ticket says no need to apply visa.this is my first time to go hongkong and i don't have any idea how to go their.please help me...

    • Ivy :2012/11/30 17:53:00

      As a Filipino passport holder, you are allowed to stay in Hong Kong without a visa for a maximum of 14 days,so you do not need a visa for your 6 days trip.
      but make sure you all the documents required for traveling to Hong Kong, like your passport, round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation, and the enough pocket money.

  • Replydonna,   Philippines
    2012/11/28 16:28:00

    hi.im from philippines going to hongkong on a 5day vacation this dec 2012 with my son.im travelling together with my friend.am i allowed to bring my son with me since im his mother or do i still need a letter of conscent from my husband who is currently working in middle east.and how much money am i allowed to bring as show money or spending ?do i still need to provide a bank certificate?thanks a lot.

    • Emily :2012/11/28 17:29:00

      of course you can go with your son.
      does he have a passport?
      about the show money, i'm not sure, but i heard a friend was asked to show HKD5,000.
      you also need to show your round-trip air tickets and hotel reservation.

  • ReplyRavindran mathiyolyFortunefocus,   Sri Lanka
    2012/11/28 7:15:00

    Dear sir, I am Sri lankan I have resident permit at china and also I am stay in china with my children's. I want to apply hong kong visa to visit Disney world with my children, how to apply please advise me

    • Gina :2012/11/28 17:26:00

      you can submit the documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
      or you can send the documents to Hong Kong immigration department by posting.

  • ReplyLAILA,   Philippines
    2012/11/27 4:57:00

    Hello...I need your help since it's my first time to VISIT HONGKONG.I'm from PHILIPPINES and i bought roundtRip ticket to HONGKONG for 5days.I dont have sponsor there but i have show money...do i need a visa?will the immigration allow me to visit hongkong?pls.help me.my flight is on DEC.19,2012......THANK YOU SO MUCH....

    • David :2012/11/27 17:14:00

      you do not need a visa, but you still need to provide the hotel reservation in Hong Kong.

  • Replytoni,   Philippines
    2012/11/24 17:09:00

    hi i'm toni andi would like to inquire if my visit this nov 26 - dec 10 is valid for the 14 day allowable no visa stay in HK.

    my entry is nov26 at around 9pm (night)
    so iwas assuming a count of 14th days at dec 10 8pm (night). though i opted to take the dec 10 am flight.

    as i was counting it might look like a
    15 day count saying nov 26 is day 1
    and dec 10 os the 15th.

    which is correct please advise.. many thanks!

    • Lisa :2012/11/24 18:27:00

      If you will leave in the mornign of Dec. 10, you stay in Hk won;t exceed 14 days.

    • toni :2012/11/24 20:00:00

      good to hear that many thanks!

  • Replyisabelo jr saguion
    2012/11/22 21:28:00


    I am a filipino national holding a working visa in qatar. i planning to visit hong kong for 7 days. do i need a visit visa? and what other document i need to show? how much will cost of 7 days visit?

    • Sally :2012/11/23 18:32:00

      no, you do not need a visa to Hong Kong.
      documents you need to take:
      your valid passport, round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation, and enough pocket money.

    • Kevin :2012/11/24 18:25:00

      Yes, you need.

  • Replybk,   Pakistan
    2012/11/24 2:43:00


    if i land in HKG airport, and i take a ferry to go to Shenzhen china,(without exiting the airport area or going through customs)do i need a HKG transit visa?


  • ReplySergio Kodja,   Australia
    2012/11/21 21:12:00

    Hi, I'am Sergio

    My partner is an Australian citizen and myself are Australian permanent resident Cameroonian passport holders we both live in Australia.In fact we are travelling to Cameroon and will be in transit to Hongkong airport. I'd like to know if I need a transit visa while waiting my next flight in international area in Hongkong airport.
    Thank you to get back to me.

    • Marry :2012/11/22 17:56:00

      as a Cameroonian passport holder, yo are required to apply a Hong kong visa, even for transit, but your partner do not need the HOng Kong visa.

  • ReplyAndrew,   Philippines
    2012/11/16 13:56:00

    Hi, I'm Andrew.
    I work here in macau and my girlfriend wants to go here and she is coming from Abu Dhabi. However, she's going to arrive in Hongkong due to a fully booked flight to Macau. When she arrives at Hongkong,we just planned to take on the ferry to go here in macau.
    How long could be her maximum period of stay here in macau?
    By the way, she holds a Philippine Passport.

    • Polly :2012/11/16 18:53:00

      filipino passport holders are exempt from Macau visa for 30 days.
      check it at:

  • Replymaya,   Qatar
    2012/11/15 16:03:00

    Urgent Urgent Urgent please!!!!!!!

    Hi there!!

    Iranian live in Qatar. planning to visit hong kong on honeymoon for 14 days.
    purpose: leisure, dont know anyone in china.

    if your purpose of visit is leisure,still need a sponsor from hong kong???
    please let me know ASAP.
    thank you

    • Rita :2012/11/15 18:10:00

      if you do not have a sponsor in hong Kong, you have to provide your round trip air tickets, the hotel reservation, your valid passport, completely filled out visa applicaiton form, Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form), and Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
      all these above mentioned documents are used to support your Hong Kong visa applicaion.
      you need to submit the documents to the Chinese Embassy.

  • ReplyBeah,   Philippines
    2012/11/14 17:13:00

    Hi I wanted to ask if it is possible to apply for 3 months visa for Hong Kong here in the China Embassy Manila? My husband is a Filipino resident in Hong Kong. Thanks much

    • Anna :2012/11/14 18:23:00

      yes, it is possible.
      are your husband working in Hong Kong?
      if so, you can apply a dependant visa.

  • ReplyNicole
    2012/11/14 10:33:00

    Hi I am a filipino and I got a mission visa / service visa to travel to Abu Dhabi but I want to go to Hongkong first for 2 days then fly to Abu Dhabi. What other documents to I need to present at HK Immigration to travel to UAE. I have my passport and original visa with me.

    • Bill :2012/11/14 18:17:00

      nothing special, just your passport, visa and air tickets would be fine.

  • ReplyMhecai,   Philippines
    2012/11/14 7:26:00

    Hi I'm from Phil...I visited hk last October 18 we stayed therE for 5 days and now where planning to go back in hk this November 20 do I need visa???
    And I have my friend his jordinian he also need vis to go visit hk again??

    • Amanda :2012/11/14 18:15:00

      as a Filipino passport holders, you can stay in hongKong without a visa for 14 days, and your friend from Jordan can stay there visa-free for 30 days.

  • ReplyDaisy Andal,   Philippines
    2012/11/10 4:30:00

    hi im daisy from Philippines just want to ask if i will be needing hongkong visa if i will visit there for 11 days.

    • Lisa :2012/11/10 18:54:00

      No, but you need to prepare the return air ticket, hotel booking in Hk and financial proof of enough funds to cover the duration well.

  • Replyallan ledesma,   Philippines
    2012/11/6 8:24:00

    Hi i am sked to flight for abu dhabi. my question is, is there a need for me to have a show money and passport and visa before I can b allowed to enter abu dhabi. thanks

    • Susan :2012/11/6 19:04:00

      please consult the abu dhabi immigration department for detailed information.

  • Replyliza Navor,   Philippines
    2012/11/5 19:23:00

    I would like inquire how to apply for non visa for Hongkong visit for 5 days.
    thank you

    • Hebe :2012/11/6 19:01:00

      Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa fpr 14 day, so you do not need the visa for your 5 days trip.
      however, you are required to show your round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation, and pocket money that can cover your expense in Hong Kong (at least HKD 300 per day per person)

  • ReplyMalin,   Sri Lanka
    2012/11/5 2:06:00

    Hi i'm a srilankan. i want to apply visit visa to hong kong. but i have not been to any other country before. pls advise on visa requirements for me. thanks

    • Vic :2012/11/5 17:26:00

      Hi Malin,
      basically, you need to prepare your valid passport, fill in the visa application form which you can download from the official website of Chinese Embassy, and a passport size photo.
      please read the above article for detailed requirements of applying a Hong Kong visa.

 First   Previous    10    11    12    13    14    Next  Last