First   Previous    8    9    10    11    12    Next  Last
  • ReplyOsen    Feb. 18, 2013 21:04

I am hk permanent I'd card holder,how can I aPply visa for my son to visit hongkong for 6 mnth ...he have a Nepalese password, but born in Singapore.and how many it takes to get visa... Pls help

• Replied by: Kate   Feb. 20, 2013 18:28

you can apply a dependent visa for your son. the fee is HKD 160.

• ReplyBrian Rowe    Feb. 04, 2013 07:07

I am staying in Hong Kong 5 days then leave on the Queen Mary2 for Australia calling in to Shanghai for 5 hours.Do I need a visi ?

• Replied by: Bonnie   Feb. 16, 2013 17:28

yes, you need a transit visa for the 5 hours in Shanghai if you will disembark.

• ReplyLeonard    Feb. 09, 2013 07:54

hello my name is Leonard, I'm holding a nigeria passport and i want to know the requirement for a hongkong resident visa. Thanks.

• Replied by: Lisa   Feb. 16, 2013 01:40

you want to apply a Hong Kong resident visa? you mean to live in Hong Kong as a permanent resident?i don't think that is easy. i heard that there are requirements for applicants' financial status. or you have to live in Hong Kong for a continuous period of not less than seven years.

• Replyasif ali    Jan. 31, 2013 11:11

I am pakistan national i am leaving for business trip to mainland china and hong kong holding both visa.. can i visit to macau for 2-3 days for recreation. please reply if there is information available.

• ReplyDavid    Jan. 27, 2013 20:19

i am Nepali and but i am studying in Australia for 4 years...is it possibal to get a visa for Hongkong to me for a week...

• Replied by: Bill   Jan. 28, 2013 18:03

yes, of course it is possible. you can obtain the Hong Kong visa through the Chinese Embassy in Australia.

• ReplyLENY    Jan. 26, 2013 22:41

we have booked tickets to go to disneyland, we dont have a hotel booking yet because i want to see it for myself if the room will be enough for 4 persons before i book a room.. i have the hotels contact numbers, address and maps.. will it be a problem if we dont have a place booked yet. my brother in law a hk resident is willing to help us find a hotel..please email me immediately since where flight is tomorrow morning.tnx

• Replied by: Vivien   Jan. 27, 2013 17:32

I don't think it will affect your entry to Hk if you can provide financial proof of adequate funds to cover your duration, return air ticket and copies of your brother's Hk ID card and proof of your relationship like birth certificate.

• Replysonia    Jan. 22, 2013 00:18

Hi,I am from India.Actually I have a passport but my mother doesnot have a passport then can we still travel togeather to macau for 1 month by making round trip tickets and a hotel reservation for a week? Would i need any proof of funds in my mother's account to stay there for 30 days coz i dont have a penny in my account? I have to take money from her to make the tickets and hotel reservation and for staying there.

• Replied by: Mike   Jan. 22, 2013 18:26

your mother needs to apply a passport first, or she can not travel abroad. you need the proof of funds, and it can be your mother's account, since she is traveling with you.

• Replyrumpa    Jan. 22, 2013 00:11

What travel documents in lieu of a passport, which are equivalent to a passport one should carry with her in order to travel to macau from india? Is there any ferry from india to macau?What is the charge for it? If one has to stay for 1 year in macau and he makes a visa for it, should he require to make his return tickets before travelling to macau from india?

• Replied by: Eva   Jan. 22, 2013 18:22

have you ever travel abroad? what document did you hold when travaling to other countries. as far as I know, you need a passport to travel abroad. you should consult the Exit and Entry department or immigration departmetn of country to see if there is any other documents that can replace a passport. if you have the visa for 1 year, then you do not need the return ticket. but i wonder whether you can get the 1 year visa in Macau.

• ReplyRumpa    Jan. 21, 2013 09:38

I dont have a passport.can i still visit macau with my round trip tickets and a hotel reservation/If i travel from india to hong kong and then macau and then mexico and return back from mrxico to macau and then hong kong and back to india would i need any transit visa or mainland china visa? if i stay in mainland china for less than 3 days including coming and going,would i need a mainland china visa?can i go to macau from india through a ferry?what is the charge for it?what is the cheapest hotel in macau?

• Replied by: Gloria   Jan. 21, 2013 18:28

you have to hold a passport or other travel document that works as a passport, without which you can not travel abroad. if you only visit Macau and Hong Kong, you do not need transit visa ot Mainland China, you need the visa if you plan to stay in Mainland visa. of course you can take the a ferry from India to Macau, but i'm not sure if there is a ferry from India.

• Replyalex ng    Jan. 20, 2013 21:17

Hi im from venezuela but resident in NY , can i get the multiple entry visa for china ?

• Replied by: Abby   Jan. 21, 2013 18:18

the period of the visa and the times of entry are decided by the Chinese embassy. it also depends on your purpose of visiting China.

• ReplyAsh    Jan. 16, 2013 15:47

Hello!I'm from Philippines. My sister, her officemate and I plan to go to HK for a tour just for 2 days. We already have a round-trip ticket, but we do not have hotel reservations because we will be staying with my sister's friend. May I know what papers/documents we need to present to the immigration? Any information that could help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• Replied by: Bill   Jan. 16, 2013 19:30

you still need an invitation letter from your sister's friend.the invitation letter should include your names, addresses in the Philippines, the friend's name, and address in Hong Kong, and he/she should declare that he/she will provide accommodation or place for you to live.

• ReplySandy    Jan. 15, 2013 06:17

Hi, I am from Thailand. I would arrive Hong Kong and stay for two days, and then go to Macau for a day, and be back to Hong Kong and stay for another two days, then I would take flight back to Thailand. Would I need a visa to enter Macau? Would it be possible for me to enter Macau from Hong Kong, and re-enter Hong Kong after the Macau trip? Thank you.

• Replied by: James   Jan. 15, 2013 18:28

no, you do not need a visa to enter Macau. and it is possible for this trip.

• Replyjay    Jan. 14, 2013 05:33

I'm a Filipino holding a HK dependent visa. If I visit Shenzhen, China do I need to obtain a visa or if do so can the visa be obtain in the immigration upon arriving Shenzhen?

• Replied by: James   Jan. 14, 2013 19:20

you need to obtain a visa before going to Shenzhen. you can get it through the Office of the Commissioner of China's Foreign Ministry in Hong Kong.

• ReplyRisza    Jan. 14, 2013 00:54

My parents & I will be travelling to Hongkong with my 9-month old son. We'll be staying there just for 4 days. However, my husband can't go with us for some reason., What travel documents do I need to bring (for my son)? We have passport & plane tickets already. Does parent consent (from the father) needed? Hoping for your soonest reply. Thank you very much!

• Replied by: Nina   Jan. 14, 2013 19:16

does your son has his own passport?if not, one dependant on your passport is also ok. parent consent from his father is also required.

• Replyjake    Jan. 13, 2013 23:19

Hi, Please help me Im so worried. I booked my ticket for 14 days to Hongkong, from February 4-18..but my friend said I will be in trouble with the Immigration in HK because they are the one who will decide and give you how many days you are allowed to stay. Change flight is so expensive. Do I need to change my return flight and make it shorter time? Please, you suggestion will appreciate..

• Replied by: fiona   Jan. 14, 2013 19:12

i think there will be no problem if you have all the required documents: your valid passport, round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation, enough pocket money (about HKD 5,000).

• Replybernadette    Jan. 09, 2013 19:03

hi me and my 2 friends together with my son is planning to visit hongkong disneyland what documents we need for that?

• Replied by: emily   Jan. 10, 2013 18:24

you mean you are going to Hong Kong from another country?where are you from? citizens of some nations are exempt from the Hong Kong visa. you can check the above table to see if you need to apply the visa. as for the disneyland, there are not any required documents, just need to buy the tickets :)

• Replied by: bernadette   Jan. 11, 2013 20:54

im a filipina and my 2 friends together with my son wants to visit hongkong disneyland we already got book with a hongkong macau trip with a travel agency here in manila we already have booking hotels and tickets also passport what do other papers we need? do we need to provide a pocket money and how much each we need for it?

• Replied by: David   Jan. 12, 2013 18:30

Please contact Hk Immigration Department by enquiry hotline at (852) 2824 6111 directly.

• Replied by: Ben   Jan. 13, 2013 02:32

I think you'll be fine from the documents you have, roundtrip airtickets, hotel accomodation and a couple of dollars...but actually they don't have to ask questions if you're touring HK.

• ReplyBenedick    Jan. 10, 2013 15:32

Hi Im from the Philippines.just wanted to inquire if I have a Tourist visa and invitation letter from Abu Dhabi would it be easier for me to get there If I stay a couple of days in Singapore then exit from there? Because the immigration officers in Manila ask a lot of questions. Hope you can reply ..Thank you.

• Replied by: Gina   Jan. 10, 2013 18:29

you mean you are going to Hong Kong from Manila but need to make a few days stop in Singapore?i think it is fine if you have all the required documents:your valid passport, round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation, and enough pocket money.

• Replied by: Benedick   Jan. 11, 2013 19:40

I'll be coming from Manila going to Singapore, then stay in Singapore for two days then off to Abu Dhabi (with a valid tourist visa, invitation letter, accomodation, roundtrip airticket and pocket money) Is it ok if I do it like this going to Abu Dhabi? Because Immigration in Manila ask a lot of questions if flying directly to Abu Dhabi.

• Replied by: Gina   Jan. 11, 2013 19:44

i think it is ok.it would be easier if you travel a lot.

• ReplyVicky   Philippines    Nov. 11, 2012 04:54

Hi! We are a group of 5 with 2 kids traveling to Hong Kong form 15 days, I understand only 14 days visa is allowed,can we extend our visa by going to Macau? Your reply would be much appreciated. :0

• Replied by: benedick   Jan. 10, 2013 15:33

Yes you can

• Replied by: Hank   Nov. 11, 2012 17:27

I think you can, but I'm not sure whether the immigration officers will allow this. Good Luck!

• Replyoseeza   China    Jan. 03, 2013 22:56

we are a young foreign couple(Cameroon,Kazakhstan) who want to go in HK for a married purpose, both of us are living already in china . we want to know how can we get married in HK ?

• Replied by: Hebe   Jan. 04, 2013 19:10

please refer to the information on this page:

• ReplyGrace lee   Philippines    Jan. 02, 2013 08:18

How long is the validity of a tourist visa from philippines? 30 or 90?

• Replied by: Grace   Jan. 02, 2013 18:49

a visa to Hong kong?
      Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days.
      you need to apply the visa if you plan to stay more than 14 days, and the vality of the tourist visa is uauslly 1 to 3 months.

First   Previous    8    9    10    11    12    Next  Last