Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First  Previous    1    2    3    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replyjonalyn
    2017/1/10 0:33:00

    Hi sir/maam,I'm from Philippines.I was planning to have a visit in Hong Kong just a tourist.What are the requirement or document that I need to prepare as a traveller.I had a friend working in Hong Kong but we're not related.Do I still need a sponsor from hong kong ?Can I use my passbook as my sho money? Thanks a lot.

    • Roland :2017/2/5 3:26:00

      If you go there for not exceeding 14 days, you just need to provide your passport, the return ticket and enough travel fees to go there. The sponsor may not be needed. You may be able to use the passbook as show money.

  • ReplyKiimaitee Timothy
    2016/10/10 13:04:00

    Hello Sir/Madam I am from Uganda and i was planning to visit Hong Kong in late November of this year and my time of stay there is 6days, my aim of travel is to tour Hong Kong.. And i am asking, what travel document to u require me to move with? and is it true that i dont require to have a visa as stated above?.. looking forward to here from you. Thanks

    • Kim :2016/11/1 4:57:00

      Yes, you don’t need a visa to go there. You can enter freely and stay for not more than 30 days. You just need to bring your passport, enough travel fees and the return ticket.

  • ReplyJesusa baggayan
    2016/9/24 9:56:00

    Hello i am filipino and currently working here in hk.my husband want to visit me here in hk,just want to ask if what are the requirements needed and how long cna he stay here.?

    • Lee :2016/11/1 4:54:00

      Jesusa, if he holds Philippines passport, he can enter HK freely for a stay of not exceeding 14 days.However, if he wants to stay for a long time, he can apply for a dependant entry permit for HK and it may allow him to stay in HK for one year. The required documents include copy of his passport, the application form, a half-length color photo, and marriage certificate, as well as other materials required by the consular officers.

  • ReplyAnne,   Philippines
    2012/7/16 0:35:00

    Hi, im from the Philippines and will be traveling to hong kong for 4days. I just wanted to ask about, what are the documents that I should present in hong kong. I have already my tickets(return), and hotels where am I going to stay are booked already. You think they will still ask about the show money? I will be sponsored by my boyfriend whom I am going to meet in hong kong. Thanks.

    • Kelly :2012/7/16 19:27:00

      your valid passport, the return air ticket and voucher of hotel reservation are enough, and you don't need to show the money.

    • bhem :2016/8/7 18:59:00

      i have same question..my american bf has a business meeting in hongkong and he want me to be with him for 4 days.. he booked me roundtrip tickets already.. and he well cover all my expenses.. we were going to meet in the hotel he reserve for us.. do i still need the show money?m

    • Malcolm :2016/8/12 5:03:00

      Bhem, even so, you also need to provide enough travel fees. Of course, you can probably provide your boyfriend’s bank account as your financial support proof.

  • Replybhem
    2016/8/9 20:35:00

    hi Bhem from philippines.. please please... advice naman po.. this is my very first travel ourside the country... my amirecan bf want me to go with him to his business meeting in hongkong and we'll going to spend together in disneyland..so i will going there for 4 days... sabi nila kilangan ng show money pero bf ko magcocovered lahat ng expenses ko.. may ticket na ako roundtrip sept. 2-5..at my hotel reservation na din kami under our both names.. ano pa po kilangan ko.. need advice asap.. kinakabahan kc ako.. pleasse guys... God bless po..

  • Replymaria Cristina Cecilia bello
    2016/7/2 17:08:00

    Hi sir...I am an ofw and presently working in Kuwait now. I am planning after my contract here, I will exit to hongkong via macau instead of exiting to Philippines. What are the documents I needed to show in the immigration

    • Lina :2016/7/9 2:38:00

      You just need to take your passport, the onward ticket, hotel reservation and enough travel fees (at least 5,000 MOP as show money).

  • ReplyFarhat
    2016/5/12 0:12:00

    Hello sir/madam I have got the visa Thailand and Macau so also now I want to travel in HK I need to get visit entry permit for HK because beutyfull please how is possible plees tell me know thanks best regards Farhat Abbas

    • david :2016/5/14 3:03:00

      You go there for sightseeing purpose, right? If yes, you should first prepare the relevant materials: the application form affixed with a passport-style photo, hotel reservation, transportation arrangement, proof of your financial support, copy of your passport and your travel itinerary to HK. Afterwards, submit the application to the embassy of PRC to apply for it.

  • Replyfaheem
    2016/4/23 19:23:00

    HI i am planning to visit HK with my wife im pakistani my wife is Philippine how can apply visit visa i can go to HK?

    • Jess :2016/5/14 2:55:00

      Your wife can enjoy free entry to HK for a stay of not exceeding 14 days. She just needs to take her passport, the return ticket, enough travel fees and hotel reservation.As for you, you need to apply for tourist entry permit to go there in advance. You need first prepare the required documents including copy of your passport, the completed application form affixed with a passport-style photo, hotel reservation, proof of your financial support, flight itinerary and your travel plan to HK; and then submit the application to the embassy of PRC to apply for it.

  • ReplyJO
    2015/6/13 9:43:00

    Hi, am holding a Singapore passport. Planning a trip to Hong Kong. If my stay in Hong Kong exceeds 90 days, can I exit and go to either Macau, or Shenzhen, or Zhuhai and then re-enter Hong Kong? The planned stay in HK is for leisure purposes. Kindly advise. Thanks.

    • Ross :2015/6/23 3:28:00

      Yes, you can exit and reenter to activate another 90-day stay duration.

    • andleeb :2016/4/21 0:47:00

      hello,i am from philippines im planning to go to HK for 1 week as a tourist,and also i want to work in HK , is it allowed in HK to apply in agencies as OFW their while i am just a tourist??

    • hansen :2016/5/14 3:00:00

      Philippines citizens are allowed to enter HK freely for a stay of no more than 14 days. So you can go there as a tourist.After you find a job, you may need to go back to your home country to apply for the work entry permit to HK and work there.

  • ReplyJohnny
    2015/6/8 11:47:00

    Hi i'm a lao passport holder. Now i'm studying in China mainland. I wanna booking my flight from HongKong to Laos, can i get in and stay in HKG several days for waiting my flight without HKG visa ? Best regards Johnny.

    • Derik :2015/6/23 3:26:00

      No, you have to get a visa before you go there.

    • Shane :2016/4/19 22:27:00

      Hello good day i am a filipino currently working here at HK ...! As a FHDW ...! But planned to go dubai by 3nd of this year what what should i present to immigration officer her in HK to passed throught ....! Thank you

    • joseph :2016/5/14 2:57:00

      Shane, you need to show your passport and your entry permit to Dubai, and maybe the guarantee letter from your employer will be required, too.

  • ReplyRamos Remy castil
    2014/3/21 19:02:00

    Hi I'm Filipino domestic helper here in Hong Kong, on coming June I have 3 weeks holiday and I'm planning to visit Dubai what documents do I need to visit as a tourist there?

    • Nina :2014/3/23 21:53:00

      i think you need to consult the Duhai Embassy or consulate, or a local travel agency.

    • joycehk :2015/2/5 21:31:00

      hi we are same situation i plan ion may yoo going dubai

    • joyce :2015/2/5 21:33:00

      u need to apply tourist visa from the local travel agency in dubai...

    • Shane May Opada :2016/4/26 4:24:00

      Hello by the way i am also.planning to go dubai .! i am also dh...! But i had break my contract ...!my cousin will provide my visit visa and the ticket Is their any reason that i can be approved to fly to dubai with my status...! Of breaking my contract

  • Replylani
    2013/4/19 0:22:00

    hi..im in philippines.. is it possible to leave the philippines going to HK as tourist, then that day leave the HK going to bahrain?

    • Bonnie :2013/4/19 18:57:00

      yes, it is possible.

    • pj :2016/3/29 22:45:00

      if a go to HK to bahrain. do i need a visa to go to bahrain?

    • Toby :2016/4/19 5:53:00

      PJ, may I know which country you are from? If you hold Philippines passport, I’m afraid you need to apply for an entry permit to enter Bahrain.

  • ReplyKhen
    2016/4/10 17:01:00

    Hi im a filipina im here in hk now planning to visit nepal nxt year and stay there for 3 days after going back to the philippines

  • ReplyKhen
    2016/4/10 17:01:00

    Hi im a filipina im here in hk now planning to visit nepal nxt year and stay there for 3 days after going back to the philippines

  • ReplyWalter
    2016/3/27 4:24:00

    Dear sir/ madam 'M Ghana my wife 's Chinese we from shenzhen .we got marriage since 2007 .we had only 1 daughter age 8years old. we always in china. i want to visit hk with my family ,how can i get the visa?if i in shenzhen. and what 're things do i need to prepare for?

  • ReplyLinh
    2016/3/12 5:06:00

    I'm from Vietnam and now I'm a student in China with valid visa in mainland. I want to go to HK, do I need to apply to HK entry permit? If I want to go to HK from Guangzhou, how can I get HK entry permit (if I need) and how much? Thank you.

  • ReplyJad
    2016/3/2 23:03:00

    Hello,I am from Morocco so I am allowed to stay 30 days in HK. Is the following situation possible?Live 30 days in HKLeave 2 days to another countryCome back for 30 daysI would like to live at least 3 months in HK for travelling purpose and can afford to do so.Best;Jad

    • Romeo :2016/3/9 4:41:00

      Jad, I’m afraid it cannot work because the time gap between your two visits is too short and you want to stay there for 3 months. The immigration officers may suspect your motive to enter HK. You are advised to exit for a relatively long time and then re-enter.

  • ReplyNisan
    2015/12/27 8:28:00

    Hi, I am a Nepali passport holder living in mainland China, Shanghai with a study visa. i want to travel to HK for almost a week for travel purpose. Now I want to know if a proper HK Visa is necessary for this. If yes, what kind of documents would be required because I won't have any proof of financial standing, as I think. And if possible, would you please tell me about the price required for the travel document. Thank You!

    • Maggie :2016/2/18 1:25:00

      Nisan, a HK entry permit is necessary. The required documents include your passport and its copy, the application form with a passport-style photo glued, transportation arrangement, travel plan to HK and proof of your financial standing. So, the financial support proof is necessary and you can provide your bank savings account. You should apply for it at the Beijing Office of HK SAR government. As for the cost, you’d better contact with the office and know about more. As far as I know, the applicants apply from HK immigration department direct, it usually charges HKD190.

  • ReplyRuha Lucas
    2015/11/25 12:06:00

    Hello. Please need help, I'm currently in China, in Shandong province, holder business visa, I'm from Tajikistan, but in the end of these month I need leave China and come back, so I was looking to go to Hong Kong, there was something I read on internet that citizen of Tajikistan can apply visa on arrival, just make sure is it true? If yes, what I need for visa on arrival? What kind of documents I should prepare? Regards, Ruha.

    • Lucy :2015/12/6 2:21:00

      Ruha, you can't get VOA for HK, so I advise you to exit from mainland to Macau and then you can get back. You can get the VOA at Macau port. Things for you to prepare include your passport, Macau currency, and perhaps a passport style photo.

  • ReplyAi ke
    2015/9/20 18:56:00

    Am a Ghanaian student in Hebei Province ChinaHave heard so many nice and beautiful things about Hong Kong, so would like to visit to Hong Kong for a short leisure tour..Please I would like to know the documents required to apply for the visa and the visa fee.Thank you

    • Dora :2015/10/12 4:09:00

      You need to submit a photocopy of your passport, a photocopy of your PRC residence permit, a travel itinerary, a phtocopy of round-trip tickets and a bank statement. The visa costs HKD 190.

 First  Previous    1    2    3    Next  Last