Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    35    36    37    38    39    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyJessica,   Australia
    2011/5/27 3:49:00

    Hi there,
    I'm planning to travel to China first, then travel to Hong Kong and back from Guangzhou. But I've only applied for single entry permit visa. Can I apply for another visa while in HK? Or apply for visa in China once I land?

    I'm an Australian passport holder.

    Thanks for your help!!

    • Henry :2011/5/28 23:40:00

      you can apply it in Hong Kong.

  • ReplyDonna,   Philippines
    2011/5/24 5:31:00

    hi! I am a filipina. Me & my kids are going to Hongkong this June 2011. After a 3 day stay in hongkong, we wanted to visit macau for 3 days. Do we need a macau visa? Or a hongkong visa upon our entry?

    My children travelling with me are 18 year old, 13 year old & 3 year old. After a week, My 18 & 13 old daughters will be going back to the philippines, will there be any problem as they will not be going with home with me?

    Your help will be very much appreciated.

    • Kina :2011/5/24 20:45:00

      hi donna,
      Philippine passport holders are exempt from hong kong visa for 14 days and are exempt from Macau visa for 30 days. so you don't need to apply the visas for Hong Kong and Macau.
      i think there's no problem for your kids to go back to Philippines.

  • Replytarekh wissanji,   Tanzania, United Republic Of
    2011/5/20 2:16:00

    Dear Sir/madam,
    my dad and i are currently living in Arusha Tanzania , Africa. Both of us are holding Canadian Passports , therefore do we require visas to go to Ghanzou and other parts of the country?
    Or would we first go to Hong Kong and buy our visa there and to apply for Ghanzou visa.
    Am not sure of what to do?

    • Elizabeth :2011/5/22 1:32:00

      you are required to apply the visa to mainland China.
      you can apply the visa in the Chinese Embassy in Tanzania, or you can apply the visa when you are in Hong Kong.

  • Replyshella,   Philippines
    2011/5/12 11:12:00

    Good day! I am a native-born immigrant/resident of the Philippines, but a Taiwan passport holder. I have a scheduled tour to Hong Kong and Macau this month. I have already secured a visa for Hongkong. Do i still need a separate visa for Macau? Our visit to Macau will only be 6 to 8 hours.
    Will await your prompt reply. Thank you.

    • Tina :2011/5/15 3:40:00

      yes, shella,
      you still need a Macau visa.

  • Replyshahbaz gul,   Pakistan
    2011/5/14 10:49:00

    some body help me for going to hong kong

    • Rechael :2011/5/15 3:07:00

      you need to apply the Hong Kong Visa in the Chinese Embassy in your country before you go.

  • ReplySuchada Ithijarukul,   Thailand
    2009/10/18 3:37:00

    My passport is valid for 5 months. Can I enter Hong Kong in this month for 4 days. Thanks

    • 2009/10/19 23:00:00

      WarriorTours.com :>Yes. You can enter Hong Kong with your valid Thailand passport and stay there for four days. Your visa free period is one month.

    • Urchie ( Philippines ) :2011/5/11 2:05:00

      Hi i am urchie,actually i was did already 3 times extension visa in hongkong and they approved in immigration government,but i want exit macau and turning back to honkong to get another 14 days visa to stay in hongkong.Do you think they give me again another 14 day from immigration personel?

    • Helen :2011/5/11 22:54:00

      hi Urchie,
      you'd better not.
      since you have already done three times extension, and if you are refused this time, there will be a mark on your passport, then it will be hard for you to go to Hong Kong in the future.
      but someone says that whether you can get another 14 days partially depends on the moods of the officer of the immigration you meet. if you are lucky, you may enter Hong Kong smoothly, but if not, the officer may mark on your passport.
      good luck!

  • ReplyBev,   Cambodia
    2011/5/5 0:46:00

    I did ask a question a couple of weeks ago but have not had an answer.
    Just need to know, if one is in transit in Phnom Penh (Cambodia) flying from Ho Chi Minh to Laos, does one need a visa as a transit passenger whilst waiting in the transit lounge, I think not but need this verified.
    Many Thanks.

    • Jack :2011/5/5 22:54:00

      No visa will be required at Phnom Penh for transit passengers continuing their journey within 72 hours, provided holding valid return or onward tickets.

  • ReplyBev,   Indonesia
    2011/4/29 11:39:00

    Hi, Thanks so much for the answers to my last question, now one more question.
    If flying from Ho Chi Minh via Phnom Penh (Cambodia.) to Laos with a 2 hour stop over & only remaining in transit lounge, does one need a visa.?
    Many Thanks.
    Kind Regards.

  • ReplyShenz,   New Zealand
    2011/4/13 4:23:00

    Hi I would like ask someone who had a experience going to Hongkong. My son and I we were going to Philippine and Japan but the question is we have to stop over to Hongkong for 8 hours and we are planning to spend time out of airport, is there any place close to airport that we can go and have a look or shopping? I dont know anything about Hongkong cz this is my first time to use Cathay Pacific. I usually fly Singapore and getting bored.

    Look forward to hear your advice.


    • Rose :2011/4/13 23:17:00

      hi, i went Hong Kong last week, the shopping mall in Tung Chung is very close to the airport.
      you can take the city bus S1 from the Passenger Terminal to the mall terminus for about HKD 3.5. (5 min ride)
      all kinds of stores, cinema, restaurants can all be found here.
      if time permits, you can also take a short visit to the Lantau Island. the cable car station of the island is within walk distance from Tung Chung.

  • ReplyBev,   Indonesia
    2011/4/11 11:57:00

    Hi Warrior Tours,
    need a little advise & am sure you have the answers.
    We plan travelling from Bangkok to Macau
    (1 with valid Australian Passport) & (1 with valid Indonesian passport) this plan is for 3 days in Macau & then via Ferry to Hongkong for 6 days, then we fly back to Bangkok.
    Can you please advise if Visas are needed for either of us for Macau & Hongkong for the short stays. Thanking you so much.

    • Rose ( China ) :2011/4/11 22:50:00

      hi Bev,
      Australian passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong Visa for 90 days and Macau visa for 30 days;
      Indonesian passport holders have a 30-day visa-free period in both Hong Kong and Macau;
      so according to your plan, you do not need visas for both places.
      have a nice trip!

  • Replyanne,   Philippines
    2011/4/9 17:47:00

    hi I'm a filipina flight attentant working in Saudi and I have flight in Guangzhou..i'll be staying there for 3 days..we have 3 months china visa, 2 entry.

    can I go to macau or hk without visa? or my china visa will stop me? thanks

    • Taylor :2011/4/10 21:39:00

      hi Anne,
      Philppine passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong Visa for 14 days and from Macau visa for 30 days. so you can go without the visas. since you are holding a double-entry China visa, you can even go back go China after your visit to Hong Kong and Macau.

  • Replyjovic cantos,   Philippines
    2011/4/5 12:53:00

    hi! im going back to hongkong, to visit my girlfriend, my first time going their, the immigration officer ask me if i have a OWWA sponsorhip from my girlfriend,my concern is how can i acquire that certification from OWWA. thanks, please do reply.

    • Bobby :2011/4/7 22:20:00

      You could contact the Immigration Department by enquiry hotline at (852) 2824 6111 or by fax at (852) 2877 7711 to get the accurate answer.

  • Replymacy,   Philippines
    2011/3/28 18:34:00

    hi I'm a Filipino citizen, and planning to go to Hongkong this coming April. Our itinerary is that our point of entry from manila is via Hongkong then our exit is via Macau back to manila is there any requirements needed other than the passport and do we need to have a stamp for exit in Hongkong before going to Macau?
    Tanks in advance...

    • Tina :2011/3/29 0:21:00

      philippines passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days and Macau visa for 30 days. you can go to Macau from Hong Kong very smoothly. don't worry. your passport is enough.

  • Replygerl,   Saudi Arabia
    2011/3/12 15:39:00

    hi! im a filipino currently working in saudi. i will have my vacation this coming july and i wish to stop by in hongkong for a few days before going home to the philippines. is it possible since ill be coming from saudi? do i need a visa for that?

    • Tina :2011/3/13 1:54:00

      as long as you hold a valid philippine passport, you are exempt from Hong Kong Visa for 14 days.

  • Replyrolly,   Saudi Arabia
    2011/3/9 3:33:00

    hi'im filipino working here in Saudi, i got a plan to visit a friend in HONGKONG(from here Saudi to HK) and my question is do the airport imegration of hongkong needs ivitation letter from a fren in that said island?,,what more documents they need?thanks and regards

    • Elva :2011/3/9 21:48:00

      hey rolly,
      how long will you stay in Hong Kong? Philippine passport holders are exempt from Hk visa for 14 days. if you want to stay longer than 14 days, you need to apply for a Hong Kong visa before you go, then an invitation letter will do some help for your visa application.

  • Replyaudrey,   Malaysia
    2011/3/9 2:34:00

    hi, my passport going to expire on 17NOV2011, can i still travel to Hong Kong on 1st april - 4th april 2011??

    • Tom :2011/3/9 21:42:00

      you'd better renew it.

  • ReplyAlberto Directo,   Philippines
    2011/3/6 8:44:00

    Good day! We are planning to go to Hongkong this May 2011 for a 3-4 day holiday. Is it just alright to bring only with us our valid passports, plane tickets(return trip),hotel booking and AU$1000 (40,000PHP approx)? Please advise...thanks a lot.

    • Oliver :2011/3/6 20:21:00

      yes, it is alright.

  • Replymaureen,   Philippines
    2011/3/2 6:01:00

    i like to ask if i can get 3-6months china visa 2 entry,im a filipino citizen,my bf will be in shanghai on march 9 for work,and he like me to be there also,what requirments i need,plz like the respond as soon as pssible,thank you.

    • Julie :2011/3/6 3:40:00

      i think you can. but the duration, times of entry are decided by the Chinses Embassy.
      the basic requirements are:
      a completely filled out visa application form, your recently taken passport-size photo, your valid passport with at least 6 months' validity. see further info about the visa application:

  • Replypretty mavs,   Philippines
    2011/2/15 5:05:00

    hello may i ask im having a hongkong tour this april 2011 for 4 days but i want to visit macau also my probl;em is its not included n my itinerary only manila-hongkong stays 3 days and 1 day Guangzhou visit then from hongkong - manila may i ask if i refuse the Guangzhou visit and i will go macau for 1 day do i need visa to go there? pls help me what to do. as ive heard i need an entry exit pass from hongkong once i go to macau. pls help me thank you.

    • Nemo :2011/2/15 22:19:00

      Philippine passport holders are exempt from Macau visa for 30 days

  • Replykim d,   Philippines
    2011/1/28 11:00:00

    as i browsed on these questions about visa and passport, i saw this:

    All visitors must hold a passport or a valid travel document. Please note that the validity of these documents must not be less than 30 days since the day you enter Macau.

    what does this mean? i am a bit stressed now since our flight to hongkong is on feb11. my husband's philippine passport will be released on feb9.

    does this mean that he can't travel????


    • Hank :2011/1/28 20:37:00

      No, since filipino passport holders are exempt from visa to Macau for 30 days, so your passport must be with at least 30 days validity left when you enter Macau. A passport is usually issued with 1-5 years validity, so your husband can use the newly issued passport for his travel.

    • kim d ( Philippines ) :2011/1/29 22:32:00

      thank you hank...

      we are spending a day in shenzhen as well. we are touching down hk around 1am and i plan to travel to shenzhen on the same day.

      i need help with the following:

      1. where can i buy the chinese visa for us from hkia? is it available at the hkia?

      2. we plan to visit these places:

      wow, splendid china/folk village, happy valley, sea world xiaomeisha and overseas chinese town east.

      what is the most appropriate order in visiting these places pertaining to distance and/or bus routes? what bus do we have to take when going to these places one after the other?

      3. can you suggest places on where we can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner?

      and on top of everything, HOW MUCH WILL THE GOING AROUND COST US?

      thank you so much for the help!

    • Hank :2011/1/30 21:29:00

      1. You'd better apply for the China visa from the China Embassy in Philippines in advance, since it's hard to apply for it in HK.
      2. You may take Shenzhen subwya line 1 from Luohu to Wow directly, where you may also visit the nearby attractions splendid china, folk village, happy valley and overseas chinese town. Then take bus no. 32/223 to Shanghai Hotel to change to Bus no. 103/103B to Xiaomeisha.
      3. You may just eat breakfast at Luohu, lunch at Wow and dinner at Xiaomeisha.

 First   Previous    35    36    37    38    39    Next  Last