Home : : Comments
 First   Previous    33    34    35    36    37    Next  Last
  • Replyrhea   Saudi Arabia    Sep. 21, 2011 06:36

if your a tourist in hongkong, and want to go to philippines for a couple of days,.. would you still need a visa?

• Replied by: Bobby   Sep. 21, 2011 19:28

Citizens of Saudi arabia are visa free to enter philippines for less than 21 days provided that they hold passports that are valid for at least six months beyond the intended period of stay and valid airline tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination.

• ReplyAnna   United States    Sep. 10, 2011 21:48

Hello! Thank you for the wonderful advice and assistance. If I want to purchase a train ticket from Mainland China to Hong Kong, do I need to show my passport. And if so, will the check my visa? What will happen if my visa is expired?

• Replied by: tina   Sep. 13, 2011 00:24

yes, you need to show your passport and they will check your visa.
      you may not get the ticket if your visa is expired.
      but you are a U.S citizen, right?
      if so, you can go and stay in Hong Kong without a visa for at most 90 days.

• ReplyKaren   Philippines    Sep. 08, 2011 23:29

Hi. Is there any way that my 8-year old can travel with me to Singapore without a passport? I already have tickets for the trip and I didn't know it would take 30 days here in Cagayan de Oro to get a passport. Please help!

• Replyfrankie   Philippines    Sep. 05, 2011 21:19

Hi I am from Philippines but in hong kong now for vacation i have the 14 day stay requirement and its already the second week. however my sister already bought me a ticket for a Macao tour this in a few days before my end of stay. can i extend my stay from immigration in macao and come back to hong kong?

• Replied by: Julia   Sep. 06, 2011 19:55

no, you can not extend your stay in Macau, but you can extend your stay in Hong Kong. However, your stay of 14 days in Hong Kong is only single entry. if you exit Hong Kong and go to Macau, your stay in Hong Kong ends. a second stay in Hong Kong starts if you come back, but it is usually hard to get the second stay since the two stays are so close to each other that the immigration department may think you try to escape from applying a Hong Kong visa (a visa is required if you want to stay more than 14 days). my suggestion is you'd better book the air ticket from Hong Kong to the philippines, and get back from Macau the day your flight departs. take the ferry from Macau to Hong Kong Airport and do not go through the customs, and take the flight directly back to your country.
      or you can book the flight from Macau directly back to the Philippines.

• Replyanne   Philippines    Sep. 05, 2011 19:56

Hello Good Day,

I just wanna ask a question...I am visiting Hongkong this coming October with my husband and in-laws..
    I am from Philippines, my husband and in-laws are both Chinese from Hongkong, but they migrate in USA..
    My in-laws booked hotel for us, for 17 days, but i read in the internet that people from Philippines are only allowed to stay for 14 days... meaning i cannot stay for 17 days? we are visiting hongkong to visit the relatives of my husband and in-laws there, and it will be my very first time to meet all of them...what can i do to stay for 17 days without having a visa? pls. reply

• Replied by: Blaire   Sep. 06, 2011 19:27

hi anne,
      i suggest you apply a Hong Kong visa in the Chinese embassy.

• Replysardor   Uzbekistan    Sep. 01, 2011 13:43

HI, I would like to know if its possible to go from HongKong to Macau (for weekend) and back from Macau to HongKong with only 1 entry visa to HongKong.

• Replied by: Peter   Sep. 04, 2011 00:12

no, it is not possible.
      you can go back to Hong Kong only if you hold double-entry Hong Kong visa.
      and also, you have to obtain a Macau visa for your trip to Macau.

• ReplyDit   United States    Aug. 29, 2011 18:59

Hi, I am planning to go to Hong Kong in December for 3 days then planning to visit Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Xiamen and other Special Economic Zones in China. I am Us Citizen, do I need visa? or if there is special case such as tour company organized tour to visit those region for a day trip, do I still need visa?

• Replied by: Della   Aug. 29, 2011 20:02

if you go with a group tour organized by the local travel agency in Hong Kong Shenzhen, Zhuhai,and stay there for 3 days, you don't need to apply the visa for mainland China.
      however, you need the China visa if you want to visit Xiamen.

• Replysamira   United Kingdom    Aug. 28, 2011 14:18

hello

i got a query regarding the spouse visa of hong kong for my husband. i m resident of hong kong having the identity card of hong kong,my husband is pakistani resident living in united kingdom on a student visa,i want to apply a spouse visa for him and i m living in united kingdom now so what will be the procedure from u.k?

• Replied by: Rita   Aug. 28, 2011 18:37

hi Samira,
      you can apply the visa in the Chinese Embassy or consulate general in U.K. the required documents are:
      1. Application for Entry for Residence as Dependants in Hong Kong.
      2. your husband's recent photograph (affixed on page 1 of the application form)

3. Photocopy of your husband's travel document (passport)containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable).

4. Photocopy of your marriage certificates.

5. The applicant's application form, Application for Entry for Residence as Dependants in Hong Kong with Part B duly completed by you.

6. Photocopy of your Hong Kong identity card

7. Photocopy of your passport.
      8. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips

9. Photocopy of proof of your accommodation, e.g. rental receipts.

• Replymel   Philippines    Aug. 21, 2011 16:29

i'm a phiippine passport holder and planning to go to macau from manila first week of september. do i need a visa to go to macau? for 4 days. just making sure cause there might be new rules that i might not be aware of.

• Replied by: Lily   Aug. 21, 2011 18:37

hi Mel,
      you don't need to apply the Macau visa. you can stay in Macau for 30 days without a visa.

• ReplyKim TAn   Philippines    Aug. 18, 2011 05:26

i am domestic helper here in hong kong and i have an abortion appointment on the last day of my visa, is it possible the immigration dept. will give me extention of visa?

• Replied by: Lyla   Aug. 20, 2011 23:57

hi Kim Tan,
      i think you can have a try and the immigration department will grant you the extention.

• ReplyPhoebe   Philippines    Aug. 16, 2011 22:10

I have a philippine passport. Can I fly in to macau and then exit thru hongkong?

• Replied by: Helen   Aug. 17, 2011 20:53

yes, you can Phoebe.

• ReplyLat Lat Zaw   Myanmar    Aug. 16, 2011 16:57

Hello,
    I am a Myanmar passport holder, I would like to travel to Hongkong and Macau 7days and do I need visa to enter both places? and could i apply the visa when I arrived to the airport of hongkong and macau?

Thank you!
    Lat Lat Zaw

• Replied by: Sina   Aug. 16, 2011 20:37

yes, you need to apply the visas for both places.
      the Hong Kong visa must be obtained in your country before departure, while the Macau visa can be obtained at the port. but i suggest you get both before you trip so that your trip will be smooth.

• Replystan   Malaysia    Aug. 11, 2011 06:47

My China Visa is valid until dec 2011 and my passport expired at dec as well.

but due to malaysia not allow travel with passport which will expired soon less than 6 months so I renew my passport already.

I will travel to China this sep, do I still need to apply visa again ? can I use back the visa which attached with my old passport ?

• Replied by: Jack   Aug. 14, 2011 00:50

hi stan,
      you can use the visa, only to make sure that there is at least one-time entry left on your visa. and of course you can use the old passport. actually you must take it with you.

• ReplyMike   Philippines    Aug. 12, 2011 02:45

Good Day, I'm Mike, 19 yrs. old from Surigao Del Sur and planning to meet my German friend in Hongkong next month for just a week. Do i still need a visa? Kindly tell me if what are the papers i need to get to hongkong and see my german friend there. My german friend is a german passport holder. What are all the documents i need to prepare for the entry of hongkong? Your answer is very much appreciated.Thank You.

• Replied by: Viola   Aug. 14, 2011 00:44

hi Mike,
      you don't need the Hong Kong visa if you just stay for a week.

• Replylynn   Philippines    Aug. 10, 2011 19:28

good day, i have plan a vacation for 3 days in Hongkong this coming October,2011 it is possible to get a visa? and may i know if how long to process my application for visa entry. thanks in advance,

• Replied by: Ashley   Aug. 10, 2011 19:39

hi Lynn,
      filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need a visa if you only go for 3 days. visa is only required when you plan to stay more than 14 days.

• Replybubbly   Taiwan, Province Of China    Aug. 05, 2011 16:40

Hi, I am a Philippine national but plans to go to China for a tour. I am working in Taiwan right now so is it possible to apply for a china tourist visa in hongkong. If i depart from Manila, Philippines and get the L visa from hongkong, is that okay? Will i be able to enter China without any problems? Thank you.

• Replied by: Christ   Aug. 06, 2011 23:04

hi Bubbly,
      you can not get the China visa in Hong Kong, but only in your country.

• ReplyJune   Philippines    Aug. 01, 2011 17:38

Hi, Im planning to go to Hong Kong on September for 3 days then planning to fly to Taipei. i live in the province and the Taiwan visa office is in Manila. How is it possible for me to get Visa then without flying to Manila? Or is it easy to get Visa while Im in Hong Kong? Please help...Tnx!

• Replied by: Rain   Aug. 01, 2011 19:39

you can not apply it in Hong Kong. if you don't want to go there in person, you can entrust a travel agency or visa agency to apply it for you.

• ReplyBernadeth M. Escober   Philippines    Jul. 23, 2011 23:34

Good day! I want to schedule a vacation tour to HongKong this august with my sister and 3 kids age 2,3 and 11 yrs old. Do 2,3 and 11 yrs old need passport to Hong Kong? and do we need visa? Thanks so much for the help!

• Replied by: Kelly   Jul. 24, 2011 19:53

hi,
      Filipino passport holders have a visa-free period up to 14 days in Hong Kong. if you stay there less than 14 days, you don't need the visa.
      the three kids should have their own passport.

• ReplyIngrid    Jul. 22, 2011 00:40

Hi im from the philippines , im going to hongkong this september for 2 days and 1 day to macau them back to phil on the 4th day, my question are do i need to secure traveling visa from phil-hongkong? and hongkong-macau? where can i get it? tnx

• Replied by: Sindy   Jul. 23, 2011 22:52

hi Ingrid,
      you don't need the visa for both Hong Kong and Macau.
      Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days and Macau exempt from Macau visa for 30 days.

• Replyyvi   Philippines    Jul. 19, 2011 05:16

hi..im a philippine holder passport and planning to travel to singapore next month,august..but my passport will expire on october..can i still make it..?your help will be highly appreciated..thanks in advance..

• Replied by: Sherry   Jul. 19, 2011 19:37

i suggest you renew your passport before you go.

First   Previous    33    34    35    36    37    Next  Last