Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    33    34    35    36    37    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replynaved,   India
    2011/10/16 1:16:00

    hi, i will be landing in macau and staying there for 2 days before leaving for hong kong. my return flight is from macau, so would i need separate visas for staying in hong kong??

    • Darvin :2011/10/16 20:53:00

      hi Naved,
      Indian passport holders are exempt from Macau visa for 30 days, so you don't need to apply the visa.
      when you enter Macau for the second time to catch your return flight, i suggest you take a ferry from Hong Kong directly to Macau and do not pass the control, and take the flight directly.
      actually, if you go through the Macau customs, you may be granted another 30 days.

  • ReplyNash,   China
    2011/10/14 21:09:00

    Hi,I am living and working in shanghai, I have a house and company here.But i am from Ghana, I am travelling to hongkong and macau next month, I would like to know how to acquire visa to these place?


    • Julie :2011/10/15 19:24:00

      hi Nash,
      you can apply the visas for Hong Kong and Macau by posting the required documents to the Hong Kong and Macau immigration departments.

  • Replyetaish,   India
    2011/10/12 9:35:00

    do we need to carry passport for immigration when we have to go from hongkong to macau

    • Darvin :2011/10/12 20:23:00

      yes, of course.
      passport shows your identity when traveling abroad, you'd better take it with you all the time.

  • ReplyImy,   Philippines
    2011/10/12 1:14:00

    Good day!
    My Philippine passport will expire on March 2012 and I'm planning to visit Hong Kong this October 2011 for 3 days and 2 nights. Does the 6 months validity period apply to enter Hong Kong?
    Please advise asap.
    Thank you!

    • Kelly :2011/10/12 20:10:00

      Filipino passport holders are exempt from hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you only need to make sure your passport is valid for at least 14 + 30=44 days as you enter hong Kong.

  • ReplyMary Rose,   Philippines
    2011/10/11 16:10:00

    I would like to inquire, I plan to visit Guangzhou, China for a 10 day vacation this 3rd week of October, do I need to get a tourist visa?
    Thank You, awaiting for your response.

    • Iris :2011/10/11 20:08:00

      of course you need to apply the visa Mary, and you'd better apply it now.

  • ReplyJulie,   United Arab Emirates
    2011/10/9 23:04:00

    Do Iranians need to apply visa to Macau in their home country?

    • Lily :2011/10/10 20:01:00

      hi Julie,
      the Iranians can apply the Macau visa in their home country or the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in the county which they live in currently. they can also obtain the visa upon arrival in Macau.

  • ReplyBenjo,   Philippines
    2011/9/30 11:34:00

    Hi! Me & my friend with 2 mos HK working visa are planning to visit Macau after his visa expires. Can he still enter HK as tourist after 3 day tour in Macau?

    • Peter :2011/10/8 19:25:00

      yes Benjo,
      your friend can enter HK as a tourist and stay in Hong Kong up to 14 days.

  • Replymalou,   Philippines
    2011/9/28 4:18:00

    hi!me and my family planning to visit macau and hongkong on nov.for 3 days.from manila Phil entry to macau and exit to hongkong is that possible?pls give me an advise asap.tnx

    • Ashley :2011/9/28 18:43:00

      hi Malou,
      i think it is possible, but you'd better prepare your round-trip tickets when you enter Hong Kong.

  • ReplyDicky Moningka,   Indonesia
    2011/9/25 13:25:00

    Hi, my family are planning to visit Hong Kong in December 2011 for 8 days-holiday. When travelling to Hong Kong in December 2011 my sons will have their Indonesian passport with expired date in April 2012. I believe Indonesian are exempt for HongKong visa 30 days as tourists. Is it correct? Please advise how long the minimum validity of our Indonesian passport when entering HongKong in December 2011. Do we need our passports to have at least the validity of 30 days or 60 days? Thank you for your help. Dicky

    • Candy :2011/9/25 19:35:00

      your passport need to be valid for at least 60 days.

  • Replyrhea,   Saudi Arabia
    2011/9/21 6:36:00

    if your a tourist in hongkong, and want to go to philippines for a couple of days,.. would you still need a visa?

    • Bobby :2011/9/21 19:28:00

      Citizens of Saudi arabia are visa free to enter philippines for less than 21 days provided that they hold passports that are valid for at least six months beyond the intended period of stay and valid airline tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination.

  • ReplyAnna,   United States
    2011/9/10 21:48:00

    Hello! Thank you for the wonderful advice and assistance. If I want to purchase a train ticket from Mainland China to Hong Kong, do I need to show my passport. And if so, will the check my visa? What will happen if my visa is expired?

    • tina :2011/9/13 0:24:00

      yes, you need to show your passport and they will check your visa.
      you may not get the ticket if your visa is expired.
      but you are a U.S citizen, right?
      if so, you can go and stay in Hong Kong without a visa for at most 90 days.

  • ReplyKaren,   Philippines
    2011/9/8 23:29:00

    Hi. Is there any way that my 8-year old can travel with me to Singapore without a passport? I already have tickets for the trip and I didn't know it would take 30 days here in Cagayan de Oro to get a passport. Please help!

  • Replyfrankie,   Philippines
    2011/9/5 21:19:00

    Hi I am from Philippines but in hong kong now for vacation i have the 14 day stay requirement and its already the second week. however my sister already bought me a ticket for a Macao tour this in a few days before my end of stay. can i extend my stay from immigration in macao and come back to hong kong?

    • Julia :2011/9/6 19:55:00

      no, you can not extend your stay in Macau, but you can extend your stay in Hong Kong. However, your stay of 14 days in Hong Kong is only single entry. if you exit Hong Kong and go to Macau, your stay in Hong Kong ends. a second stay in Hong Kong starts if you come back, but it is usually hard to get the second stay since the two stays are so close to each other that the immigration department may think you try to escape from applying a Hong Kong visa (a visa is required if you want to stay more than 14 days). my suggestion is you'd better book the air ticket from Hong Kong to the philippines, and get back from Macau the day your flight departs. take the ferry from Macau to Hong Kong Airport and do not go through the customs, and take the flight directly back to your country.
      or you can book the flight from Macau directly back to the Philippines.

  • Replyanne,   Philippines
    2011/9/5 19:56:00

    Hello Good Day,

    I just wanna ask a question...I am visiting Hongkong this coming October with my husband and in-laws..
    I am from Philippines, my husband and in-laws are both Chinese from Hongkong, but they migrate in USA..
    My in-laws booked hotel for us, for 17 days, but i read in the internet that people from Philippines are only allowed to stay for 14 days... meaning i cannot stay for 17 days? we are visiting hongkong to visit the relatives of my husband and in-laws there, and it will be my very first time to meet all of them...what can i do to stay for 17 days without having a visa? pls. reply

    • Blaire :2011/9/6 19:27:00

      hi anne,
      i suggest you apply a Hong Kong visa in the Chinese embassy.

  • Replysardor,   Uzbekistan
    2011/9/1 13:43:00

    HI, I would like to know if its possible to go from HongKong to Macau (for weekend) and back from Macau to HongKong with only 1 entry visa to HongKong.
    Thank you in advance

    • Peter :2011/9/4 0:12:00

      no, it is not possible.
      you can go back to Hong Kong only if you hold double-entry Hong Kong visa.
      and also, you have to obtain a Macau visa for your trip to Macau.

  • ReplyDit,   United States
    2011/8/29 18:59:00

    Hi, I am planning to go to Hong Kong in December for 3 days then planning to visit Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Xiamen and other Special Economic Zones in China. I am Us Citizen, do I need visa? or if there is special case such as tour company organized tour to visit those region for a day trip, do I still need visa?

    • Della :2011/8/29 20:02:00

      if you go with a group tour organized by the local travel agency in Hong Kong Shenzhen, Zhuhai,and stay there for 3 days, you don't need to apply the visa for mainland China.
      however, you need the China visa if you want to visit Xiamen.

  • Replysamira,   United Kingdom
    2011/8/28 14:18:00


    i got a query regarding the spouse visa of hong kong for my husband. i m resident of hong kong having the identity card of hong kong,my husband is pakistani resident living in united kingdom on a student visa,i want to apply a spouse visa for him and i m living in united kingdom now so what will be the procedure from u.k?

    • Rita :2011/8/28 18:37:00

      hi Samira,
      you can apply the visa in the Chinese Embassy or consulate general in U.K. the required documents are:
      1. Application for Entry for Residence as Dependants in Hong Kong.
      2. your husband's recent photograph (affixed on page 1 of the application form)

      3. Photocopy of your husband's travel document (passport)containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable).

      4. Photocopy of your marriage certificates.

      5. The applicant's application form, Application for Entry for Residence as Dependants in Hong Kong with Part B duly completed by you.

      6. Photocopy of your Hong Kong identity card

      7. Photocopy of your passport.
      8. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts and salary slips

      9. Photocopy of proof of your accommodation, e.g. rental receipts.

  • Replymel,   Philippines
    2011/8/21 16:29:00

    i'm a phiippine passport holder and planning to go to macau from manila first week of september. do i need a visa to go to macau? for 4 days. just making sure cause there might be new rules that i might not be aware of.

    • Lily :2011/8/21 18:37:00

      hi Mel,
      you don't need to apply the Macau visa. you can stay in Macau for 30 days without a visa.

  • ReplyKim TAn,   Philippines
    2011/8/18 5:26:00

    i am domestic helper here in hong kong and i have an abortion appointment on the last day of my visa, is it possible the immigration dept. will give me extention of visa?

    • Lyla :2011/8/20 23:57:00

      hi Kim Tan,
      i think you can have a try and the immigration department will grant you the extention.

  • ReplyPhoebe,   Philippines
    2011/8/16 22:10:00

    I have a philippine passport. Can I fly in to macau and then exit thru hongkong?

    • Helen :2011/8/17 20:53:00

      yes, you can Phoebe.

 First   Previous    33    34    35    36    37    Next  Last