Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    2    3    4    5    6    Next  Last
I want to say
  • ReplyGeechan
    2016/3/17 4:21:00

    Hi! I'm a Philippine passport holder. I'd like to ask if we still need an invitation/supporting letters in Macau if we enter in HK and exit in Macau? We already have supporting letters from hk. But, we'd like to confirm if we still need one from Macau?

    • Richard :2016/4/19 5:44:00

      Geechan, I don’t think you need the support letter or invitation letter because you can enjoy free entry to Macau for a stay of no more than 30 days. You can just take your passport, the onward ticket, hotel reservation and enough travel fees.

  • ReplyKate Villacillo
    2016/3/14 9:05:00

    Re-entry in HKHello! I am a Filipino Citizen. Me and my siblings are planning to purchase a return ticket to/from HK from/to Philippines and at the same time a return ticket to/from HK from/to Phuket. We plan on spending just the whole day in HK thus exiting and entering HK Immigration on the same day (travelling to Phuket by night). And from Phuket, to my understanding, we have to exit and enter HK Immigration again as we have a separate ticket going back to the Philippines. Is this possible? Is there a certain duration to re-enter HK? In our case, we will enter and exit HK the same day and back again after 2-4 days. Thank you!

    • Tyler :2016/4/19 5:41:00

      Kate, it’s possible. As far as I know, there is no certain duration to re-enter HK as long as the time gap between your exit and re-entry is too short. Because for your first entry and exit, it can be regarded as a transit, I think it is ok.

  • ReplyKrishaz
    2016/3/8 9:34:00

    Hello I'm from the Philippines and I plan to visit HK for 11 days along with my family. We want to get as much stamps on our passports and I was wondering if we could also get it stamped as we do side trip tours to Macau and Guangzhou? I've been hearing claims that Hong Kong no longer stamps passports and so does nearby countries, is this true?

    • Daming :2016/4/19 5:38:00

      Krishaz, I haven’t heard of this kind of news. You can go there to have a try. I think you can get stamps when you go there because you will go through the immigration inspection and then the officers will stamp on your passport.Besides, if you want to travel to Guangzhou, you need to hold valid entry permit to go there.

  • ReplyCher
    2014/9/3 4:49:00

    Hi! When traveling to macau do we need to show a hotel booking? Even if we already have return tickets to philippines. Because we plan to get a hotel when we're already in macau. Thanks

  • Replyjudith gapay
    2016/2/1 8:36:00

    I'm Judy, im x domestic helper in HK and planning to visit my friend and bf in HK....what requiremnts do i need to show at the immig.?

    • Kitty :2016/2/18 1:56:00

      Judith, may I know which passport do you hold? Because people from most countries can enjoy free entry to HK; if you come from one of them, you can go there freely. Otherwise, you need to apply for an entry permit beforehand.

    • Naml :2016/2/18 3:11:00

      im holding a philippine passport and so.i need.an.invitation lettrer

    • Kitty :2016/2/18 3:22:00

      Dear, if you go there for no more than 14 days, you can enjoy free entry. And you just need to take your passport, the return ticket and enough travel fees. But if you want to stay for exceeding 14 days, you should apply for a visit entry permit and you need to provide your passport and its copy, the completed application form with a passport-style color photo glued, your financial support proof, transportation arrangement such as flight itinerary, travel plan to HK as well as an invitation letter from your friend (if any).

  • ReplyLouie
    2016/1/17 14:33:00

    Hi,I am delighted to see your comments.I have a Tanzanian passport I think i get a 90 day stay in both Hk and Macao,I am planning to stay in Macao for at least 2 months , Since my ticket will be for that period , how much money shall I have to show them in cash , And I will be going to Macao through HK by ferry , will HK stamp exit in the ferry station ??Thanks very much in advance

    • Baker :2016/2/18 1:59:00

      The show money should be at least 5,000 MOP in Macau. I think you can get the exit stamp in HK ferry station.

  • ReplyBrenda
    2016/2/11 3:33:00

    Hi Im a Filipino passport holder and planning to go for vacation, i am currently working in Dubai, UAE with a residence visa and my vacation will be on May 26. From Dubai I will planning to drop by to HK for 3 days, 1 full day to Macau and 1 full day to Shenzhen (window of China) and come back to hongkong then go to philippine. Now i just want to know is it possible for me to enter shenzhen? do I required to get the entry permit? please advise.

    • Richard :2016/2/18 1:53:00

      Dear, you can enter Shenzhen without an entry permit if you go to Shenzhen from Macau, after stay in Shenzhen for one day, you go to HK. In this case, you can enjoy the 24 hour direct transit there and no entry permit is required.

    • rose :2016/2/18 2:30:00

      Hi,how about if from Hongkong to Shenzhen, is it possible?

    • Richard :2016/2/18 2:54:00

      Rose, it depends. If you enter Shenzhen from HK and stay there for less than 24 hours, and then go to a third country or region instead of HK, it is possible. But if you return to HK after your trip to Shenzhen, you should apply for an entry permit in advance.

  • ReplyGeechan
    2015/12/6 9:42:00

    HI! I'm a Philippine passport holder and planning to go to Macau and Hongkong on April 2016. My boyfriend and his family will be having a vacation in Macau since his mother is working there. His mother will be send us an invitation letter. I'm going there together with his sister and father. Is there any chance that I will be offloaded? What are the requirements that I need to prepare? We will be staying at his mom's apartment. I don't have work but I do have business that is registered here in the Philippines.

    • Nathan :2015/12/16 2:49:00

      Geechan, as you have a Filipino passport, you can enter HK and Macau freely for a stay less than 14 days and 30 days respectively. As long as you prepare well, you won't be offloaded. You need to take your passport, return ticket, enough money, and an address to stay in.

    • Geechan :2015/12/18 21:16:00

      Is it possible to book Clark to HongKong via Cebu Pacific and the return flight is Macau to Manila via AirAsia?

    • Nathan :2016/2/18 1:43:00

      Yes, it's possible.

  • ReplyWang
    2015/11/24 11:30:00

    Hi I'm a Filipino citizen planning to visit hongkong in January 11 then back to Manila in January 17.. Now if I arrive in January 11 in hk can visit china and both a visa then stay in china for 3days then go back to hk January 15 ? Is it possible to enter china to stay for three days and both a Chinese visa? Pls help me

    • Lily :2015/12/6 1:55:00

      If you want to enter mainland China, you should apply for a separate visa in advance. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to enter.

    • RENA :2015/12/23 8:31:00

      hi im rena from the philippines i want to know how to report a person who has not have a working permit his working at hongkong macau since october 25 2014 i want to know hoew to deport this person tnx

    • Toby :2016/2/18 2:04:00

      Rena, you can go to the exit and entry administration of the local public security bureau direct and report the situation to the police, and then the police will investigate the case and make punishment to the one first and deport him/her then.

  • ReplyJoaquin
    2014/8/28 12:49:00

    How do we lessen the chance of getting offloaded here in the philippines? We are going to HK (bought a travel package from a travel agency). Problem is I think we are a red flag to the IO because:We are freelancers, so we have no company id if they'll ask us. But we are financially capable to go through this trip.What we plan to bring:1. our etickets/roundtrip tickets (obviously)2. itinerary provided by the travel agency3. we are willing to print our bank statement of accounts to prove that we do have more than enough money4. Php10-15k of show money eachIs this enough for us to "pass"? Any suggestions?

    • Sally :2014/9/1 5:50:00

      these documents are enough for your travel in HK and I believe you won't have any problem in applying for a visa.

    • bismark asamoah :2016/2/11 13:26:00

      please i am from Ghana and i like to travel to macau for business meeting and visit a friend for few days but i do not have a visa to go there since there is no embassy here. please is it possible to enter without any problem? But i have credit card with enough money

  • ReplyNeha Prasad
    2015/12/31 7:23:00

    Hi !We are group of 5 people from India planning to visit HK -> Macau -> Guangzhou -> Zhuhai -> HK for a period of 7 days in total. Could you please let us know the visa requirements in each of these places?

  • ReplyValentin mendoza
    2015/12/12 23:01:00

    Me and my girlfriend plan to take a trip to Hongkong. is it possible that we enter via macau and exit via hongkong? And what requirements would we need thanks so much for the help:))

    • Belle :2015/12/16 2:46:00

      If your country has signed the free-entry agreement with HK, you can go there. Of course you can enter via Macau and exit via HK. You are required to hold a valid passport, round-trip air tickets, and enough money.

  • ReplyAizaz
    2015/12/11 17:51:00

    Hey This is Aizaz from PakistanI had a double entry visa of HongkongSo i had a direct flight from Lahore to Guangzhou. i planned to go to guangzhou then to Hk via mtr,same is the case while returning,so i applied for a transit visa type (G) I recieved a 5 Day single entry visa. the problem is how can i return via china with a single entry visa? Will i get a 24 hour permit at Hk mtr when leaving for guangzhou?I remember the visa officer talking about 24 hour stay when i go back. But i am not sure. Its confusing. please clear this problem with a legitimate source so that i dont have problem in my trip. Thanks!

    • Zack :2015/12/16 3:46:00

      Aizaz, you will depart from HK to Guangzhou by MTR, and then fly to Lahore? If so, as long as you stay in Guangzhou for less than 24 hours, you don't need the G type. It's because you have access to the 24hrs direct transit policy. Information about such policy can be found on any website of overseas Chinese embassies.

  • Replyper
    2015/11/2 22:47:00

    i would like to ask im visiting macau next month on there we stay in our freind house with a blue card in macao and we get visa from macao to shenzhen to 2 days it s possible? in shenshen china can we exit there going to hongkong stay for 1 day? after going in macau to our flight to manila

    • Bernie :2015/12/6 2:59:00

      May I know what passport do you hold?

    • per :2015/12/6 5:47:00

      im a holding a philippine passport

    • Cindy :2015/12/16 2:44:00

      Dear, I'm afraid you can't get Shenzhen VOA. You need to apply one before the trip.

  • Replyshamjith
    2015/12/15 4:07:00

    Hi,I'm an Indian Citizen working under a job permit in HK currently now and possess a HKID card. when my job permit expires I would like to stay for couple more days may be like 2 weeks.Will it be sufficient if I go to Macau and then return to HK as a tourist,if so how many days I need to stay in Macau...or is there other ways to stay in HK without going to other country..Please advise

    • Vera :2015/12/16 2:27:00

      You can go to Macau and then re-enter as a tourist. You just need to stay in Macau for a few days. There is no specific time limit.

  • Replyaloediyah
    2014/11/1 9:59:00

    Hi!I am a filipino citizen and a non-working spouse. My husband is an ofw. We are planning to go to Macau from Manila and stay for 3 days and take a ferry ride to Hongkong for 2 days before returning to Manila. Do we need to provide bank statement or bank certificate or bank passbook will suffice? How much total money should our bank account have?

    • Douglas :2014/11/4 22:57:00

      You enjoy a 30-day free entry to visit Macau and 14-day free entry to visit HK. You are suggested to prepare your bank statement, round trip tickets and hotel booking in case the immigration officer requires to see. Since you stay with your husband, you two can use one bank statement. There is no limitation on the money, but the more the better.

    • emerson :2015/12/14 10:55:00

      good evening im pilipino passport holder this coming december 21 is my flight going to macau i have roundtrip ticket from december 21 to january 4 and i have letter invitation from my friend he from consulate in macau but now i have have work in philippines my question is possible that im not going to offload thanks to your reply....

    • Nina :2015/12/16 2:25:00

      Emerson, don't worry. In normal cases, you won't be offloaded. You can enjoy a 30-day free entry to Macau actually. You need to take your passport, enough money (at least MOP 5000), and round-trip tickets.

  • ReplyTeresa
    2015/10/26 22:32:00

    I am Filipino holding Philippine passport, planning to visit Hongkong for 7 days and go to Macau for 2 days, i am flying to Hongkong from Manila and plan to fly back from Macau to Manila.. would it required a visa just to fly back to Manila from Macau airport.. would i required a visa to do that. My passport is less than 30 days valid when i enter Macau would it be a problem?

    • Zoe :2015/12/6 3:01:00

      No, the visa is not required, but you need to renew your passport. Otherwise, you may be forbided to enter.

  • ReplyRon
    2015/10/24 11:36:00

    Hi, currently im working here in saudi arabia and planning to drop by in Hongkong for total of 5 days. Heres the scenario:From saudi arabia, My stop over is Hongkong and my next flight going to Philippines after 3 days. Then after the 3 days I go to Philippines. Of course my returning pattern of flight will be the same going to saudi arabia, The question is I can enter again to HK for another 2 days (My return flight from HK to Saudi Arabia after 2 days) even I already entered in HK last time? Thank you in advance.

    • Michelle :2015/12/6 3:02:00

      Yes, you can.

  • Replyirene
    2015/10/21 19:31:00

    I am from singapore. I'm going to zhuhai to visit a relative. If I stay longer than 14 days , can I hop over to macau for a day , stamp my passport & re - enter zhuhai again for another 14 days. Or must I travel to hongkong in order to extend another 14 days in zhuhai. Singapore passport no need visa to China. Please advise.

    • Cindy :2015/12/6 2:58:00

      Irene, you can go to Macau for one one and then back to activate another 14-day stay.

  • ReplyDilsad
    2015/11/23 23:43:00

    Hello, i am Dilsad from India. Now i am in Macau for 30 days without a VISA, i am also planning to visit ZHUHAI as it is nearby, may i go to ZHUHAI without a VISA

    • Dora :2015/12/6 1:57:00

      Dislad, you have to get a visa to go to Zhuhai. It's possible that you can get it upon arrival, but I can't say you will get it for sure. If you can't get the VOA, then you need to apply for one from Macau at the Office of the Commissioner of PRC Foreign Affairs Ministry.

 First   Previous    2    3    4    5    6    Next  Last