Home : : Comments
 First   Previous    22    23    24    25    26    Next  Last
  • ReplyMenchu Magalona   Philippines    Dec. 26, 2012 20:50

i'm going to macau from januray6-8 as tourist and i will have an invitation letter to go there. i just want to know if immigration officers here in Philippines are strict to people going to macau? i have my showmoney which i will use to support myself tehre, though i'll be staying in a friend's house.

• Replied by: Olivia   Dec. 27, 2012 17:40

the immigration officers in Macau would also be very strict, but i think it would be fine if you have all the required documents (seems you have them all). PS. they will also ask you to show your round-trip air tickets.

• ReplyLovely   Philippines    Dec. 20, 2012 03:17

hi i am from philippines, i will be visiting my boyfriend(ukrainian) in shenzhen he is working there on december 30, 2012, i dont have visa yet...but they told me that i can enter shenzhen from hongkong.i have already air ticket i am in hongkong on december 29, 2012. is it true? do i need an letter invitation from him? where can he get the letter invitation? what are other requirements? hope to hear from u soon :) i just need reply asap.coz my flight is fast approaching. thanks :)

• Replied by: Lyla   Dec. 20, 2012 17:51

you still need to apply a Chinese visa even if you enter Shenzhen from Hong Kong. but if you join in a group tour through a Hong Kong travel agency, you can visit Shenzhen for at most 6 days without applying a visa. if you plan to apply the Chinese visa, you had better work on it ASAP, Coz it takes about 5 working days to process it after you submit all the required documents. it seems this is your first time to China, so you have to prepare many documents, and your boyfriend can write you an invitation letter which may include that he will provide accommodation for you (if he will).

• Replied by: Lovely ( Philippines )   Dec. 21, 2012 20:19

thank you so much! it will be great help for me :)

• ReplyLovely   Philippines    Dec. 20, 2012 20:33

can u suggest a legal travel agency in hongkong coz we are planning to have a group visa pax/3 i dont have visa yet so my only passes to shenzhen is through travel agency..can u give me the requirements and how much it will cost..btw i am philippine passport holder! thanks

• Replied by: Emily   Dec. 21, 2012 18:28

take it easy. you can find a travel agency in Hong Kong easily. if you book a group tour through the travel agency, they will help handle your visa to Shenzhen.

• ReplyJaia   Philippines    Dec. 20, 2012 01:17

Hi!Im from Manila, Philippines and my passport is going to expire in 3 months. Can I still use it to go to hong kong this month til early january?thank you!

• Replied by: James   Dec. 20, 2012 17:46

yes. i think you can. just make sure your passport is valid for at least 30+14 days.

• ReplyThao Tran   United States    Dec. 19, 2012 06:00

Hello

I am a US permanent resident with vietnamese passport. I am living in Houston. I applied for my HOng Kong visa on Dec 3, 2012 at chinese consulate in houston. They kept my passport since then and I havent heard of them. I came back in 2 weeks and asked them about my visa but they said they dont have it ready yet. I am flying back to my country on Jan 1.

I just want to ask if I can ask my passport back? Do they keep my visa at the consulate or they sent it back to Hong Kong to obtain my visa? I am so worry.

• Replied by: Candy   Dec. 19, 2012 17:43

take it easy. it usually takes a few weeks to process the Hong Kong visa, they will give back your passport along with your hong kong visa at the consulate, so you have to wait.

• ReplyElainne   Philippines    Dec. 18, 2012 22:31

Hi, I just want to ask if I need any visa/permit if I want to go Hong Kong with flight from Shanghai? (SH-HK-SH)

I am holding a Chinese passport issued in Manila.

Thanks!

• Replied by: Gloria   Dec. 19, 2012 17:35

you are holding a Chinese passport? which means you are a Chinese citizen?
      then you need to apply the entry permit to Hong Kong.

• ReplyAnna Gomez   Gambia    Dec. 17, 2012 22:30

Plz am Anna, I want to know if is possible to obtain admission into the university of Hongkong, Because am a Gambia passport holder. Thanks. Plz reply.

• Replied by: Nancy   Dec. 18, 2012 18:31

yes, of course it is possible, but you have to apply it by yourself or through an agent.

• ReplyMika   Philippines    Dec. 17, 2012 10:05

Is it still possible to travel to hong kong even if my passport expires in 5 months?

• Replied by: Lisa   Dec. 17, 2012 17:45

yes Mika,
      as Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so only make sure you passport is valid for at least 14 + 30 days the day you arrive Hong Kong.

• ReplySam j   Philippines    Dec. 16, 2012 03:09

Hi im a flipino citizen and my foreign bf will start working in hk as esl teacher, i know im allowed to stay only for 14 days. What are the requirements for me to stay longer. Looking forward to ur reply.

• Replied by: Victor   Dec. 16, 2012 18:51

You may apply for a Hk visa from the China embassy in Philippines to stay longer in HK.You'd better go to the embassy in person to know about the exact details before submitting your application.

• Replytaotao.jz   Singapore    Dec. 08, 2012 19:27

I'm a Singaporean and has air ticket from Singapore to Tianjin, HK to Singapore.

May I know whether I can enter HK form shenZhen then return to shenZhen on the same day, the next day go HK to take the flight back to Singapore.

Is the whole process visa free? In another words. if I enter HK then back to shenzhen, do I get another 15 days visa free?

Best Rgds.

• Replied by: Frank   Dec. 08, 2012 22:43

I don't think you can enter Shenzhen twice on the same day without visa. You may have to apply for a dounble-entry China visa for this.

• Replytaotao.jz   Singapore    Dec. 08, 2012 19:21

My child was born in Singapore with China passport. She is a permanent resident of Singapore. She has ticket from Singapre--Tianjin, HK to Singapore.

May I know whether she can enter HK from Shen Zhen, then come back to shenZhen on the same day, the next day enter HK again to take the flight to Singapore?

Best Rgds.

• Replied by: Hank   Dec. 08, 2012 22:40

If she will return back to Shenzhen and enter Hk twice, she may have to apply for a Hk entry permit from the local security bureau where her Hukou is beforehand.

• Replychappy   Philippines    Dec. 05, 2012 23:12

what does my friend in hongkong needs to do so that i will visit hongkong as tourist in his expence?

• Replied by: Kate   Dec. 06, 2012 18:34

he need to write you an invitation letter which should include your name, address, dates of traveling in Hong Kong, his name, address, and he will sponsor your trip.

• ReplyAlexandro amstrong   Guinea-bissau    Dec. 05, 2012 20:49

My name is Alexandro Amstrong. Am in Macau and needed a visa to China. Where do i apply for the visa. Looking forward to hear from you soonest.
    Best regards

• Replied by: Eva   Dec. 06, 2012 18:33

you can apply the visa to mainland China through the Office of The Commissioner of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The People's Republic Of China in The Macau Special Administrative Region

• ReplyJun   Philippines    Nov. 28, 2012 22:25

Hi, Im from philippines, I have an invitation letter dated last oct 4 2012,i am planning to use it this dec 2012, is it still valid? how long is the validity of my invitation letter?Tnx...

• Replied by: jun ( Philippines )   Dec. 03, 2012 23:29

sorry,what i mean is,i have invitation letter from macau, i recieved it last oct 4 and im planning to use it this coming dec 8-12...is it still valid?how long is the validity of my invitation letter?

• Replied by: James   Dec. 04, 2012 17:54

who does provide you this invitation letter? is it from a friend or a relative, or it is from a company or travel agency.
      i have never heard about the validity of an invitation letter.
      an invitation letter should include the name and address of the inviter, the relationship between the inviter and the invitee. when the invitee will make this trip. the name and address of the invitee. what about the expense of this trip, will the inviter provide accommodation for the invitee, and so on. the invitation letter is not a valid one if it does not include the above mentioned.
      it has nothing to do with when you get this letter, but your travel plan in the letter.

• Replied by: Susan   Nov. 29, 2012 18:16

is the invitation letter make it clear that when you will travel to Hong Kong. if there is not clear date, the invitation letter is not a valid one.

• Replyjoyramos   Philippines    Nov. 22, 2012 22:42

Hello

My friend and I are planning to go to Hong Kong for a 1 week tour on Feb 2013. I am 24 and she 23. We are both employed, I am a nurse and she is a secretary at a law office. I have an aunt working in hong kong and she offered us her place so that we will not spend money on hotels. I would just like to ask what are the requirements we need for this trip? Do we have to have invitation letter from my aunt even though we will be there tourists? And is there a certain amount of pocket money required? We are really confused because we have friends who were not allowed to fly because the immigration people were looking for different kinds of documents eventhough they were just supposed have a vacation. I will be looking forward to your reply.
    > Thank you. Godbless
    > Joy

• Replied by: Ashley   Nov. 23, 2012 18:35

you need to prepare:
      an invitation letter from your aunt;
      your valid passport;
      round-trip air tickets;
      enough pocket money that can cover your expense (some said they are asked to show HKD 5,000)

• Replied by: joy ( Philippines )   Nov. 25, 2012 22:07

Thanks for the reply ashley. My aunt told me that she made arrangements for us to stay in her friends room for rent place.do you think the contact number and exact address of the place plus that of my aunts will suffice or do we still need a letter from her?? She will pick us up at HKIA anyway.

• Replied by: Ashley   Nov. 26, 2012 17:21

yes, a letter from her very important.
      and she needs to make it clear that she will provide place for you and what is the relationship between you and her.
      her address and contact number, as well as your address and contact number.

• Replied by: Melvin DCosta   Nov. 28, 2012 18:28

Can you update me with the cost for travelling from Honkong to Macau and back for getting the visa extension in HK. Can the travel to Macua and return on the same day also entitle me to the extension or do i need to stay 1 night at Macau. Is there any other option for me to extend my stay in HK without going to Macau.

• Replied by: Marry   Nov. 29, 2012 18:13

you can take the ferry between Hong Kong and Macau, and the fare is about HKD 160 per person.
      i think going to Macau and get back is the best way to have your stay in Hong Kong extended.

• ReplyM DCosta   India    Nov. 28, 2012 17:26

I need to stay in HK for 30 days. The visa process takes time and i need to travel urgently. If I travel on visa on arrival which is max 14 days, how do I extend my visa for another 14 days. If I have to go to Macau and return on the same day, am i entitled for visa extension for another 14 days. What is the additional cost involved.

• Replied by: James   Nov. 28, 2012 17:40

you can go to Macau and get back for an extension, but it may not be 14 days.

• Replymaricel   United Arab Emirates    Nov. 23, 2012 02:09

hi,im a filipino citizen,im here n dubai,im going home (PHILIPPINES) this Jan 31,2013.CATHAY PACIFIC DUBAI-HONGKONG-MANILA.BUT i want to visit macau,how can i take transit visa there?AND how many days they wil give to me to stay there?

• Replied by: Wendy   Nov. 23, 2012 18:36

you do not need a visa to Macau, as Filipino passport holders are exempt from Macau visa for 30 days.

• Replygel   Philippines    Nov. 23, 2012 05:15

hi,I worked in HK for 2 yrs and went back home 5yrs ago and on my way back home,I used a travel document because I lost my passport in HK. I'd like to visit HK again but unfortunately just this October me and my friend were offloaded.We had everything but cant provide for a certificate of employment.And we booked for 10 days stay in HK. What are the chances of getting offloaded again if I try to apply for a tourist visa again? Please inform me..would the use of travel document affected my travel?Thank you so much!

• ReplyCheska   Philippines    Nov. 16, 2012 04:23

Hi, I need some help. I'll be travelling from MNL to DUBAI having visit visa. But I wanted to travel also in HK to meet my friends before going to Dubai. Is it possible to exit from HK? I have return flights from DBX to HK then HK to MNL. Thank you and God bless

• Replied by: James   Nov. 16, 2012 18:50

it is possible, but how long are you going to stay in hong kong?
      as a Filipinp passport holder, you are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days. you need to apply Hong Kong visa if your tirp is longer than 14 days.

• Replied by: Cheska ( Philippines )   Nov. 22, 2012 08:23

Hi James, thank you. My ticket from hk-mnl is 7-10 days and in between these dates I'll travel to Dubai. Would there be any problems with the HK Immigration?

• Replied by: James   Nov. 22, 2012 18:04

i think there's no problem.

• Replyherbert   Saudi Arabia    Nov. 21, 2012 11:45

Hi.I am here at riyadh and going for a short vacation to macau but my ticket is only up to hong kong roundtrip.Is there any problem with that or what else do I need?thanks

• Replied by: Sandy   Nov. 21, 2012 18:13

no, there will be no problem.
      you will get a Macau visa upon arrival in Macau.
      just take all your travel documents.

First   Previous    22    23    24    25    26    Next  Last