Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First   Previous    22    23    24    25    26    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replynana
    2013/1/13 7:24:00

    Hi just want to ask about my condition of stay in hk.I was 3 months over stay in hk without i knew it! then now iam realize and cry every day how i must to do...Realy scared this bcs of my bad ER that terminate me without let me knew.I want to go china then posible to entry hk again? what happend in the border when i cross by hk imigations? please give me some help and advise?Thanks alot

    • Porter :2013/1/13 17:58:00

      You should go to the immigration office to find some practicla help as soon as possible.

  • ReplyFae
    2013/1/13 4:30:00

    Hi! My aunt is a Filipina currently working in Oman. She has a connecting flight from Macau to Philippines from Oman. Can she go out pf the airport wothout any documents before boarding a flight back to Phil? If she needs documents aside from her Philippine passport, what are those? Thank you.

    • Vivien :2013/1/13 17:55:00

      Filipinos are visa free at Macau for 30 days.

  • ReplyMarie
    2013/1/10 1:08:00

    Hi, I'm a Filipino. I want to enter Macau from the Phils. one-way and exit in Hongkong going back to the Phils. Is this okay? Or should we just enter & exit from one country

    • Kelly :2013/1/10 18:25:00

      that is ok for you.

  • ReplyJocelyn
    2013/1/8 17:54:00

    We wish to go to Hongkong on visa-free travel on February 1 and stay there for 30 days. But when I checked the allowed number of days- it was just 14 days. We still plan to stay for 30 days, so what can we do? Can we exit to macau and then go back to Hongkong? So shall we purchase round trips tickets good for 30 days? Is that allowed by immigration? Please reply, We need help.

    • David :2013/1/9 17:48:00

      You need to apply the Hong Kong visa if you want to stay longer than the visa-free period. it is, theoretically, not allowed by immigration, but some one did it before. however, the immigration is now quite strict. with your 30 days round-trip tickets, you might be refused.

  • Replymarittes,   Philippines
    2013/1/2 23:47:00

    hi im an domestic helper here in hongkong.i break my 2 years contract,but i want go to macau first before go back to the philipines..

    • Olivia :2013/1/3 18:45:00

      filipino passport holders are allowed 30 days visa-free period in Macau, so you can go there before going back to Philippines.

  • ReplyRyan,   South Africa
    2013/1/1 23:22:00

    Hello, I am visiting Hong Kong for 10 days in March and my friend who is from Hong Kong wants to take me to Foshan in Southern China for a day or two. What do I need if I'm arriving in Hong Kong with no visa because I'm permitted 30 days visa free in Hong Kong, to visit Foshan and return to Hong Kong before my departure flight in Hong Kong?

    • Nina :2013/1/2 18:34:00

      you need to apply the visa to mainland China if you want to visit Foshan, unless you take a group tour organized by a local travel agency in Hong Kong to Foshan and stay for a period of less than 6 days

  • ReplyMurtaza Sarwary,   Afghanistan
    2013/1/1 12:09:00

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    i am having a business passport & afghan nationality i have 3 company in afghanistan & 1 trading company in UAE all under my name and i have travel many times to all Europe, turkey, india, UAE & many times to china for business purposes and i would like to travel to hongkong & macua together with my wife which she is a german citizen, do i need a visa if yes...can you please kindly guide me how to go for apply and what to do .... or what documents are required. thanks alot, have a nice working time in front! Regards Murtaza Sarwary

    • Grace :2013/1/1 19:32:00

      yes, you need to apply the visas to Hong Kong and Macau. you need to apply through the Chinese Embassy in the country you live or work.

  • ReplyMaria,   Russian Federation
    2012/12/28 5:43:00

    Hi! I'm Russian and I have single-entry visa. I'm staying in Shenzhen and want to go to Disneyland in Hong Kong for a couple of hours and return to Shenzhen on the same day. Can I do that or do I need a double or multi-visa for that?

    • Grace :2012/12/28 18:36:00

      no, you can not do that, as your single-entry visa will expire the moment you leave shenzhen for Hong Kong. so you need a double-entry visa.

  • Replyrumil_03@yahoo.com,   Philippines
    2012/12/27 21:28:00

    Hi, I am going to HK this January 2013 for a 7-days tour. i will be bringing Php20,000 with me, passport and the round trip tickets.should i ask an invitation letter from a friend that will be covering my Hotel and food expenses? is the amount of money too much or less for the immigration requirements?what other pertinent documents should i prepare? thanks in advance!

    • Gloria :2012/12/28 18:34:00

      yes, you need an invitation letter from your friend.
      not sure about the money, but i heard some one was asked to take HKD 5,000 for his 14-day trip in Hong Kong.

  • ReplyMenchu Magalona,   Philippines
    2012/12/26 20:50:00

    i'm going to macau from januray6-8 as tourist and i will have an invitation letter to go there. i just want to know if immigration officers here in Philippines are strict to people going to macau? i have my showmoney which i will use to support myself tehre, though i'll be staying in a friend's house.

    • Olivia :2012/12/27 17:40:00

      the immigration officers in Macau would also be very strict, but i think it would be fine if you have all the required documents (seems you have them all). PS. they will also ask you to show your round-trip air tickets.

  • ReplyLovely,   Philippines
    2012/12/20 3:17:00

    hi i am from philippines, i will be visiting my boyfriend(ukrainian) in shenzhen he is working there on december 30, 2012, i dont have visa yet...but they told me that i can enter shenzhen from hongkong.i have already air ticket i am in hongkong on december 29, 2012. is it true? do i need an letter invitation from him? where can he get the letter invitation? what are other requirements? hope to hear from u soon :) i just need reply asap.coz my flight is fast approaching. thanks :)

    • Lyla :2012/12/20 17:51:00

      you still need to apply a Chinese visa even if you enter Shenzhen from Hong Kong. but if you join in a group tour through a Hong Kong travel agency, you can visit Shenzhen for at most 6 days without applying a visa. if you plan to apply the Chinese visa, you had better work on it ASAP, Coz it takes about 5 working days to process it after you submit all the required documents. it seems this is your first time to China, so you have to prepare many documents, and your boyfriend can write you an invitation letter which may include that he will provide accommodation for you (if he will).

    • Lovely ( Philippines ) :2012/12/21 20:19:00

      thank you so much! it will be great help for me :)

  • ReplyLovely,   Philippines
    2012/12/20 20:33:00

    can u suggest a legal travel agency in hongkong coz we are planning to have a group visa pax/3 i dont have visa yet so my only passes to shenzhen is through travel agency..can u give me the requirements and how much it will cost..btw i am philippine passport holder! thanks

    • Emily :2012/12/21 18:28:00

      take it easy. you can find a travel agency in Hong Kong easily. if you book a group tour through the travel agency, they will help handle your visa to Shenzhen.

  • ReplyJaia,   Philippines
    2012/12/20 1:17:00

    Hi!Im from Manila, Philippines and my passport is going to expire in 3 months. Can I still use it to go to hong kong this month til early january?thank you!

    • James :2012/12/20 17:46:00

      yes. i think you can. just make sure your passport is valid for at least 30+14 days.

  • ReplyThao Tran,   United States
    2012/12/19 6:00:00


    I am a US permanent resident with vietnamese passport. I am living in Houston. I applied for my HOng Kong visa on Dec 3, 2012 at chinese consulate in houston. They kept my passport since then and I havent heard of them. I came back in 2 weeks and asked them about my visa but they said they dont have it ready yet. I am flying back to my country on Jan 1.

    I just want to ask if I can ask my passport back? Do they keep my visa at the consulate or they sent it back to Hong Kong to obtain my visa? I am so worry.

    • Candy :2012/12/19 17:43:00

      take it easy. it usually takes a few weeks to process the Hong Kong visa, they will give back your passport along with your hong kong visa at the consulate, so you have to wait.

  • ReplyElainne,   Philippines
    2012/12/18 22:31:00

    Hi, I just want to ask if I need any visa/permit if I want to go Hong Kong with flight from Shanghai? (SH-HK-SH)

    I am holding a Chinese passport issued in Manila.


    • Gloria :2012/12/19 17:35:00

      you are holding a Chinese passport? which means you are a Chinese citizen?
      then you need to apply the entry permit to Hong Kong.

  • ReplyAnna Gomez,   Gambia
    2012/12/17 22:30:00

    Plz am Anna, I want to know if is possible to obtain admission into the university of Hongkong, Because am a Gambia passport holder. Thanks. Plz reply.

    • Nancy :2012/12/18 18:31:00

      yes, of course it is possible, but you have to apply it by yourself or through an agent.

  • ReplyMika,   Philippines
    2012/12/17 10:05:00

    Is it still possible to travel to hong kong even if my passport expires in 5 months?

    • Lisa :2012/12/17 17:45:00

      yes Mika,
      as Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so only make sure you passport is valid for at least 14 + 30 days the day you arrive Hong Kong.

  • ReplySam j,   Philippines
    2012/12/16 3:09:00

    Hi im a flipino citizen and my foreign bf will start working in hk as esl teacher, i know im allowed to stay only for 14 days. What are the requirements for me to stay longer. Looking forward to ur reply.

    • Victor :2012/12/16 18:51:00

      You may apply for a Hk visa from the China embassy in Philippines to stay longer in HK.You'd better go to the embassy in person to know about the exact details before submitting your application.

  • Replytaotao.jz,   Singapore
    2012/12/8 19:27:00

    I'm a Singaporean and has air ticket from Singapore to Tianjin, HK to Singapore.

    May I know whether I can enter HK form shenZhen then return to shenZhen on the same day, the next day go HK to take the flight back to Singapore.

    Is the whole process visa free? In another words. if I enter HK then back to shenzhen, do I get another 15 days visa free?

    Best Rgds.

    • Frank :2012/12/8 22:43:00

      I don't think you can enter Shenzhen twice on the same day without visa. You may have to apply for a dounble-entry China visa for this.

  • Replytaotao.jz,   Singapore
    2012/12/8 19:21:00

    My child was born in Singapore with China passport. She is a permanent resident of Singapore. She has ticket from Singapre--Tianjin, HK to Singapore.

    May I know whether she can enter HK from Shen Zhen, then come back to shenZhen on the same day, the next day enter HK again to take the flight to Singapore?

    Best Rgds.

    • Hank :2012/12/8 22:40:00

      If she will return back to Shenzhen and enter Hk twice, she may have to apply for a Hk entry permit from the local security bureau where her Hukou is beforehand.

 First   Previous    22    23    24    25    26    Next  Last