Home : China Travel Tips : Getting Acquainted : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First  Previous    1    2    3    4    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replyshoukat   Pakistan    Jun. 26, 2012 02:18

    i am shoukat from pakistan i have g/friend in macau i want to go macau what can i do to go macau and i also what to job in macau that is possible

    • Replied by: Lisa   Jun. 26, 2012 19:10

      you need to apply a Macau visa through the Chinese Embassy in Pakistan.
      you can work in Macau, but not with the tourist visa. you need to find a job sign the contract with the employer, and then apply a work visa, with which can you work in Macau.

  • Replyiman   Iran (Islamic Republic Of)    Jun. 20, 2012 12:57

    hello,I'm Iranian. my fiance is Chinese, now she is in UK for study. I plan go to China before she go China. How can i get fiance visa?

    • Replied by: Helen   Jun. 20, 2012 19:09

      there is no fiance visa. since you are not married, you can only apply a Chinese tourist visa. you can apply a family visit visa after you get married.

  • ReplyDave   United States    May. 08, 2012 06:05

    hi, there i am a chinese american and have a question. I hold a multiple entries (1)visa. And a friend of mine says that if you enter macau or hong kong before the "arrive before" date on my passport they'll reset my 90 days per entry. Is this true becuase i want to extent my visit here for more than 3 months. And if not is there a way beshides changing my visa type?

    • Replied by: Lee   May. 08, 2012 19:06

      the visa type can not be changed when you are in China.
      if the " Duaration of each stay" on your visa is 90 days, then you can stay in China for 90 days per entry.

  • ReplyHamid   Iran (Islamic Republic Of)    Apr. 25, 2012 01:39

    Hi, Im British and me and my Girlfriend has Iranian passport, are arriving in Beijing. What type of VISA will we need for travelling to macau

    • Replied by: Fiona   Apr. 25, 2012 18:57

      British passport holders are exempt from Macau visa for 6 months. As for Iranian passport holders, they can get the Macau visa upon arrival.

  • Replykhalid   Pakistan    Apr. 22, 2012 22:13

    i am a pakistani going to china for visit or short busuniess trip, i have chinese visa, and i might like to travel to hong kong on visit or tranist for few days . Do i need visa for hong kong?

    • Replied by: Fiona   Apr. 23, 2012 23:57

      yes, you also need to apply a visa for Hong Kong. you can apply it through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in Pakistan.

  • Replyjamal   China    Apr. 03, 2012 10:43

    I am nepalese n I have working visa and I want to take my wife to China from nepal so what are the procedures?

    • Replied by: Taylor   Apr. 04, 2012 19:46

      hi Jamal,
      your wife can apply a Chinese working visa for family members of foreign employee through the Chinese Embassy in your country.
      and she needs to submit the following documents:
      1. Applicant's valid actual passport with at least six months validity left before expiration and at least one blank visa page left in it.
      2. One truly completed Visa Application Form.
      3. One recent passport standard photo affixed on the Visa Application Form.
      4. Proof of your Relationship e.g. Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, etc

  • Replychie   United Arab Emirates    Apr. 04, 2012 03:11


    I am holding a pakistani passport, I will be travelling to the Philippines via Cathay Pacific from Dubai and on my way back I will be stopping in hongkong and macau for a quick tour for 4 days. What visa do I need? Coz I am so confused of getting the transit visa or tourist visa and how many entry do i need to apply. Do I need to apply separately for Macau or the Hongkong visa will be suffecient enough.

    Hope you can engligten me as I will be travelling on June or July of this year.

    • Replied by: Wisley   Apr. 04, 2012 19:00

      Hi Chie,
      you need to apply the tourist visa for Hong Kong and a seperate one for Macau.

  • Replyabbas   Iran (Islamic Republic Of)    Mar. 08, 2012 04:02

    i gonna live in Macau. is it possible to get the visa? i have iranian passport. i want to know something about residency.


    • Replied by: Ben   Mar. 08, 2012 18:56

      Hi abbas,
      it is possible if you find a job, buy a house, do some investment, or live with your direct relative in Macau.

  • Replyraj   Nepal    Feb. 08, 2012 18:13

    hi,i m living n working in kuwait.i want to apply working visa for macau.is it possible frm kuwait?if yes ,what r the procedures n needed documents.thx

    • Replied by: James   Feb. 08, 2012 19:34

      yes, it is possible.
      to apply a working visa for Macau, you need to get a job offer from a company in Macau, and then apply it through the Chinese Embassy in Kuwait.

  • ReplyRaheel   Pakistan    Feb. 02, 2012 10:59

    hi im from pakistan.. i plan to go to china for 7 days via karakoram highway, do i need a visa? if then, where can i get, i mean do i need to get here in pakistan or Visa on arrival in china??

    • Replied by: Kevin   Feb. 04, 2012 23:40

      You do have to apply for a China visa which can be got from the China Embassy in Pakistan. You have to apply for the visa befoer your trip in your country, since there is no on-arrival visa service provided by the Chinese government there.

  • ReplyTim Mustafa   United Kingdom    Jan. 19, 2012 07:31

    Hi, Im British and me and my Girlfriend are arriving in Beijing. What type of VISA will we need for travelling through the country? Do we need to provide proof of hotels for the duration of our stay?

    Thank you very much for your help!


    • Replied by: Brenda   Jan. 20, 2012 00:14

      Hi Tim,
      you need to apply Chinese Tourist visa through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate general in your country.
      you need to provide the proof of hotels.

  • ReplyAndy   Macau, China    Jan. 15, 2012 20:24

    Hello. Can you tell me if i can extend my visa for a further six months.im British and want to live and find work in Macau.What are the procedures. Thanks

    • Replied by: Alice   Jan. 16, 2012 19:09

      Hi Andy,
      if you want to work in Macau, you need to apply for a work permit, before which, you need to obtain a job offer from a company in Macau.

  • Replypom    Jan. 12, 2012 04:55

    Hi.I am thai nationality i would like to know for the apply visa turkey.how money day can take passport back.i an in beijing.

    • Replied by: Hank   Jan. 12, 2012 17:14

      It's hard to tell, since the visa application is subject to the approval of the Ministry of Interior of Turkey.
      I advise you contact the Embassy of the Republic of Turkey in Beijing directly to get the exact answer.

  • ReplyZaryne   Korea, Republic Of    Jan. 11, 2012 02:14

    Hi! I have a Philippine passport and I also have a Korean D2(student) visa. I'd like to know if you have an office here in Seoul and if you can tell me how much it would cost if I apply for a Chinese Visa. I'm going to Shanghai in February

    • Replied by: Susan ( Japan )   Jan. 11, 2012 19:03

      Hi Zaryne,
      you can apply the Chinese visa through the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General in Korean.
      the visa fee is 35,000 WON for a single-entry visa.
      if you are going in Feburary, it think you'd better start to apply it now.

  • Replywaqas   China    Jan. 10, 2012 08:16

    Hi I am a Pakistani living in China with 2.5 valid residence permit. The type shown in the website below. "I am officially resident of china"
    I wanted to go to hong kong for 7-10 days in early February. I am living in Xian, China. I have asked the PSB in Xian whether I can travel to hong kong on it and they say yes I can but there is no evidence on the internet on it. Also the airline has no problem. I wanted a reference so that if I am disturbed at Hong Kong airport, I can show them or I myself can sleep easily at night. If it is not the case, can anybody suggest a good travel agent who can take care of hassle from my side?Thank you

    • Replied by: Anne   Jan. 10, 2012 20:16

      Hi waqas,
      if you are still holding a Pakistani passport, i think you need to apply a Hong Kong visa before you go to Hong Kong, and there will be not much "hassle" as you said if you have a Hong Kong visa.
      or if you are holding a PAKISTAN Diplomatic/Official Passport, you can just go to Hong Kong and stay there without a visa for 14 days.
      in this case, you don't need to worry being disturbed in Hong Kong.

  • Replyroy   Philippines    Dec. 14, 2011 07:41

    hi im from philippines.. i plan to go to china for 3n4d, do i need a visa? if then, where can i get one or can i get VOA? i mean do i need to get here in philippines or Visa on arrival in china??

    • Replied by: Jerry   Dec. 14, 2011 18:06

      hi Roy,
      you need to apply the Chinese visa through the Chinese Embassy or consulate general in the Philippines before you go to China.

  • Replyangel halo   Philippines    Oct. 26, 2011 19:45

    Hi, I'm a Filipino who will be graduating very soon, and my gift to myself is a backpack trip across Asia. I will go through Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam then ultimately, to China. What type of VISA do i need? How much cash should I bring, as to show that I am indeed financially capable for the duration of the trip? And lastly,do I need to show return tickets? I have a 1 & a 1/2 month itinerary up on my sleeve. Thanks you for you reply.. =)

    • Replied by: Bruce   Oct. 27, 2011 18:40

      Do you mean the visa for the whole trip or for the trip to China? Different country may have different policies for it. I made a China trip several days a ago. The China embassy requires that applicants must have enough fund on their ban account for their trip in China, at least 100 US dollars per day. The return air ticket is required, too.

  • ReplyFRANCIS   Zambia    Oct. 20, 2011 10:10

    hello,I'm in china exited Hongkong and I have a L visa with no specific duration of stay in china.The visa is a one entry,and I don't know how long I'm supposed to stay in china.I'm fearing to overstay.The visa is only specifying the expiry and issue date.
    thank you.

    • Replied by: Ken   Oct. 20, 2011 21:02

      I think you can enquire and confirm the duration with the exit and entry office when enter China.

  • Replycarla   Philippines    Oct. 20, 2011 06:15

    I want to ask if i need hongkong visa because i will go to china but my arrival is in hongkong then from hongkong we will ride in the bus going to shenzhen

    • Replied by: Bruce   Oct. 20, 2011 20:39

      Filipino passport holders are exempt from visa to Hk for 14 days, but you have to apply for a China visa for yor trip to Shenzhen in advance.

  • ReplyRita   Argentina    Oct. 18, 2011 04:06

    Hello, Im Rita from Argentina, currently living in South Korea. I am planning to visit Hong Kong in December and I found that some flights have one stop in Beijing during 2 or 3 hours, do I need a visa for this? Transit visa?

    • Replied by: Candy   Oct. 18, 2011 21:12

      no Rita, you don't need the transit visa. international passengers stay in Beijing airport less than 24 hours for transit and do not go out of the airport do not need the transit visa.

 First  Previous    1    2    3    4    Next  Last