Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Comments
 First  Previous    1    2    3    Next  Last
I want to say
  • Replyalbert
    2014/1/11 22:20:00

    Good day!My friends and I are planning to have a 5 days vacation in Hongkong on March 15-19. We are Philippine passport holders.Do we need to secure visa? Is it already implemented to those people travelling from Philippines this 2014? What are the documents do we need to prepare?Thanks!

  • ReplyAnna
    2013/10/19 15:33:00

    Hi,I am planning a trip to HK for 11 days with my son beginning on Nov 21, 2013 and my passport is going to expire on 4/11/2014 and my son's going to expire on 6/12/2014. Would they not let us enter to HK and will we have any trouble returning to US since the passport is less than 6 mo valid?Thanks a lotAnna

    • Cathy :2013/10/20 20:16:00

      take it easy. as US passport holders, you are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 90 days, so you just need to make sure that your passport has a validity of over 90+30=120 days from the day you enter Hong Kong.

  • Replykaran
    2013/4/28 0:26:00

    Hello .I have a Mauritian passport , do i require a visa for Macau ? Thanks

    • Candy :2013/5/1 19:39:00

      yes, you are required to apply the visa to Macau.

  • ReplyDiva
    2013/1/15 17:19:00

    I am a permanent resident in the the Netherlands and I hold a travel document not a Dutch passport ....do I need a visa to visit Hongkong? For only 5 days?

    • Rita :2013/1/15 18:30:00

      no, you do not need a visa to hong Kong.

  • ReplyGangadhar Padhi,   India
    2012/12/2 4:44:00

    I want to visit to China and I get my valid passport but I am a poor man I can't afford money to accommodation and food please if the country will accommodate me and provide me free vegetarian food I can go and see the people of the country. Gangadhar Padhi.

    • David :2012/12/2 18:12:00

      If you can't provide proof of enough money to cover your stay in China, you won't be given the visa. In other words, you are not able to enter the country.

  • Replykate,   Philippines
    2012/11/12 3:31:00

    My employer wants me to visit HK and stay for a week to check the situation in their household. I am from the Philippines and I will be travelling with a tourist visa. They will buy and send the round-trip ticket to me. do you think i will not be having problems in the immigration in that case? your advise will be highly appreciated.

    • James :2012/11/12 18:56:00

      you still need to provide the hotel reservation.
      but if your employer can provid you an invitation letter claiming that he/she will sponsor your trip, you do not need the hotel reservation.

  • ReplyPrincess Racadio,   Philippines
    2012/11/5 4:52:00

    hi, i would like to know if i still need a visa in going to Hong kong for 3 days only, I'm going to meet my fiance' there who will arrive from Italy. we just want to have a 3 days tour in HK before going back here in the Philippines. If I dont need a visa anymore,what documents do I need to obtain aside from my passport and ticket? thank you .

    • Flora :2012/11/5 17:34:00

      no, you do not need to apply a Hong Kong visa for the 3-day trip. it would be better if you have the voucher of hotel reservation.
      you may also be required to show pocket money, say, about HKD 1,000 per person.

  • ReplyKing,   Burundi
    2012/9/19 22:20:00

    I am a nigerian national , currently visiting my wife and her family , who are from Burundi. My wife holds a valid z chinese visa , i wanted to know if i could apply L visa at the chinese embassy in Burundi so i could travel with my wife.
    Thanks , and what are the requirements.

    • May :2012/9/20 19:53:00

      yes, you can apply through the Chinese embassy in Burundi.
      you need to provide your valid passport, a complete filled out visa application form, an invitation letter, your ID, and your marriage certificate, you may also need to provide your wife's Z visa.
      for detailed information, please consult the Chinese Embassy.

    • king ( Burundi ) :2012/9/20 22:56:00

      Thanks May!!! Very helpful

  • ReplyMickey,   Philippines
    2012/8/30 20:52:00

    Hi im Chinese holding chinese passport but working in the phil. i want to go to singapore from phil do i need to secure visa?
    thank you

    • Hank :2012/9/1 19:04:00

      Yes, you do ned to apply for a Singapore visa prior to arrival in Singapore.

  • Replynini
    2012/7/15 23:18:00

    i am from myanmar. i want to go to macau.Do i need show money?If yes how much do i need it.And also how many days can i get there for stay.Thank you so much.

    • Hank :2012/7/16 19:20:00

      you don't need to show money. you can get at most 30 days for stay, usually 7 - 21 days.

  • ReplyMargaret Lee,   Singapore
    2012/6/27 2:14:00


    Please adv whether the following countries needs visa to Macau.
    Sir Lanka

    • Polly :2012/6/27 19:08:00

      you can refer to the information of Macau visa at the following page, where you can find detailed information of citizens of which country need visa to Macau:

  • Replysunny
    2012/6/12 2:16:00

    i am a nigeria with belgium permit of stay living in belgium and i want to travel to macau do i need a visa.

    • Remond :2012/6/12 19:20:00

      yes, you need to apply a Macau visa before you go there. you can obtain the visa through the Chinese Embassy in Belgium. the processing takes about 6 - 8 weeks.

  • Replyhabibatforreal@yahoo.com,   Mongolia
    2012/6/7 21:39:00

    i am a citizen of nigeria and i base in mongolia , please am i a visa free .
    thank you

    • celia :2012/6/8 18:06:00

      where do you plan to go? if you are going to mainland China, you need to apply a visa.

    • habi :2012/6/10 20:44:00

      am going two hongkong, thank you

    • Celia :2012/6/11 18:50:00

      you need to apply a Hong Kong visa before you go there.

  • ReplyJason,   Australia
    2012/6/5 21:46:00

    Can I stay in Macau for 3 months on an Australian passport thanks Jason

    • Fiona :2012/6/6 19:06:00

      Australian passport holders are exempt from Macau visa for 30 days, so if you want to stay in Macau for 3 months, you need to apply the Macau visa before you go there.

  • Replyali bagheri,   Iran (Islamic Republic Of)
    2012/4/11 8:21:00

    I am Iranian
    I need visa for Macao or no???
    please tel me
    Thank you
    Bagheri Ali

    • James :2012/4/11 19:21:00

      yes, you need to apply a Macau visa, but you can get it upon arrivial in Macau.

  • Replyjoey,   Philippines
    2012/3/14 5:16:00

    hi im joey,we will have a family tour in china but my bf will come with us,i just wanna ask if its ok that he will include in the invitation letter of my uncle that already lives in china,even though my bf is not part of our family?if not what should we do?thank you....

    • Kate :2012/3/14 18:45:00

      yes joey,
      i think there's no problem to include your bf in the invitation letter.

    2012/1/8 0:48:00


    • Abby :2012/1/8 18:45:00

      as an Indian passport holder, you can stay in Hong Kong for 14 days, and 30 days in Macau without Hong Kong and Macau visa, but you need to apply a visa for Mainland China if you intend to go to Shenzhen.
      you should apply it through the Chinese Embassy in India about 1 month before your departure.

  • Replylizah,   Philippines
    2011/12/8 12:13:00

    i am from philippines. is it possible and easy to apply Z visa in the philippines going to china shenzhen? or If you can recommend an agency that can process a z visa from philippines to china, please let me know their contact nos. thanks

    • Hank :2011/12/8 17:56:00

      I'm afraid you have to apply for the China Z visa from the China Embassy or local Consulate of China in Philippines in person.

  • ReplyEddelyn,   Philippines
    2011/12/4 8:39:00

    Do I need visa in mainland I'm a Filipino I want to go there for vacation on January 10 until January 18? Thank you and God Bless

    • Celia :2011/12/4 17:25:00

      yes Eddelyn,
      you need to apply a visa for Mainland China through the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines.

  • Replyravi,   Sri Lanka
    2011/11/26 4:10:00

    I am a sri lankan and want to visit my brother in law working and a canadian citizen ,who is seriously in taiwan.Can I apply through chinese embassy for my visas?

    • Mike :2011/11/26 17:49:00

      Hi Ravi,
      you can not apply in the Chinese Embassy.

 First  Previous    1    2    3    Next  Last