Required Documents for Hong Kong Visa Application:
1. Your valid passport or travel documents in lieu of passport
2. A completely filled out visa application form
3. Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form)
4. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
6. Photocopy of proof of the proposed leisure visit to Hong Kong, e.g. receipt for a package tour to Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for leisure visit only)
7. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for transit only)
8. Photocopy of proof of the proposed business visit to Hong Kong, e.g. letter issued by the applicant's employing company to confirm his/her proposed business activities in Hong Kong, invitation letter issued by a local company, letter issued by a trade body to confirm the applicant's attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, etc. (for business visit only)
9. Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
10. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit to Hong Kong (for purposes of visit other than leisure, transit, business or family visit)
Where to Apply the Hong Kong Visa
1. Through the Chinese Embassy and Consulates in your country;
2. Posting the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
3. For foreign passport holders living in mainland China, you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
HKD 160 for Ordinary Visa; HKD 84 for Transit Visa
HKD 170 for Ordinary Visa and HKD 90 for Transit visa if issued by the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing.
Who needs to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
A person who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.
Passport holders of the countries listed below DO NOT need a visa during the visa-free period. Travelers who are not from those countries or those who want to stay for a longer period exceeding the visa-free period, are required to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese embassies and consulates.
Who needs NOT to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you are Holders of
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport
British National (Overseas) Passport
Hong Kong Certificate of Identity
Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the region of Macau only)
Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book
Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
For more information on how to apply the visa please visit Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Entry to neighboring cities in China from Hong Kong
For travel from Hong Kong to the mainland Chinese cities such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Zhuhai and others, passports are required to be valid for 60 days and visa application and travel document requirements required are as same as those of a traveler who enter China from Beijing and Shanghai.
hi.. me & my husband & 2 sons will going to hongkong on march 9, 2014 and return march 12, 2014 we are going to disneyland. We need to get the visit visa in manila? we have book already the ticket. pls advice me. thank u.
hi i would like to travel to hongkong with an invitatiion letter from family for 14days would like to know if i need a visa with nationality ugandan from dubai and pliz send me requirements needed and price for airticket and visa if needed
Hi! Im OFW and i sponsor 2 persons travelling to hong kong. However, upon reaching the immigration both of them are refuse by immigration they said that im not entitle to sponsor which is not my relatives. Is there any immigration policy about this matter?
hi! my friends and i are planning to visit hongkong this March 2014 for 5 days only. Do we need to apply for visa? because one of my friend booked his flight in one of the airline here in philippines and there's a note that visa is not included in his fare. Do we need to get a tourist visa? is it implemented already?
Hi! .i have a friend who wants to visit in hingkong. She is currently working in qatar right now. But her employer booked her ticket directly to the philippines with a connecting flight to hongkong. Is it ok if she will enter hongkong and will not use the connecting flight anymore? Is there no problem with the hongkong authorities. And does she needs any documents to show to the immigration officer for her passport to be stamped?
i think it is ok. but she'd better book the return ticket to the Phlippines before she enter Hong Kong.
Hi, Im coming here from Bahrain and have a stop over in Hongkong , then to Philippines. But I want to go to UAE. Can i change my ticket when im there in Hongkong or should i book another flight from Hongkong to UAE? If so, can i stay 3 days also in Hongkong? Thanks in advance.
Hi Leny, Bahrain passport holder are exempt from hong Kong visa for 30 days, so it is ok for you change your flight or stay for 3 days in Hong Kong.
Hello sir,mam,im a filipina working here in china but plan to forgood with my employer this december 30,and i plan to drop by HK to find another employer before i will exit to Philippines,do i need a visa before going to HK?well i worked in Hk for 3months b4 and it so happen that they will move here in Beijing so i go with them,i have still my ID in HK..tenks much,waiting for a reply...
your Hong Kong ID should be a temporary one, and your work permit there should expire when you leave for Beijing. But Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don' t need the visa if your stay is no longer than 14 days.
Question: We are both filipinos. We would like to get married in Hongkong April 2013. Is that possible? What are the requirements? How much will it cost?
April 2013? you want to get registered in Hong Kong or just hold your wedding ceremony there?
We would like to hold our wedding there. Is that possible?
yes, it is possible.
Sorry April 2014
What are the requirements? How much will it cost? Do you have that package?
hi Ann,i suggest that you consult a local agency for wedding in Hong Kong.
Hi, would like to know whether Hotel reservation is mandatory for a tourist visa in Hong Kong or just passport, international credit/debit card will do? Hotel would be booked on arrival.
you have to provide it when you apply the Hong Kong visa (if required) or when you enter hong Kong (if you are exempt from hong Kong visa).
My connecting flight back home is hongkong , but I would like to spend two days in hongkong before I depart, do I need a visa for two days stay?
people from some countries are exempt from hong Kong visa for a certain period of time. you can check the above table to see if you need to apply the Hong Kong visa.