Required Documents for Hong Kong Visa Application:
1. Your valid passport or travel documents in lieu of passport
2. A completely filled out visa application form
3. Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form)
4. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
6. Photocopy of proof of the proposed leisure visit to Hong Kong, e.g. receipt for a package tour to Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for leisure visit only)
7. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for transit only)
8. Photocopy of proof of the proposed business visit to Hong Kong, e.g. letter issued by the applicant's employing company to confirm his/her proposed business activities in Hong Kong, invitation letter issued by a local company, letter issued by a trade body to confirm the applicant's attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, etc. (for business visit only)
9. Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
10. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit to Hong Kong (for purposes of visit other than leisure, transit, business or family visit)
Where to Apply the Hong Kong Visa
1. Through the Chinese Embassy and Consulates in your country;
2. Posting the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
3. For foreign passport holders living in mainland China, you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
HKD 160 for Ordinary Visa; HKD 84 for Transit Visa
HKD 170 for Ordinary Visa and HKD 90 for Transit visa if issued by the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing.
Who needs to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
A person who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.
Passport holders of the countries listed below DO NOT need a visa during the visa-free period. Travelers who are not from those countries or those who want to stay for a longer period exceeding the visa-free period, are required to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese embassies and consulates.
Who needs NOT to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you are Holders of
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport
British National (Overseas) Passport
Hong Kong Certificate of Identity
Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the region of Macau only)
Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book
Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
For more information on how to apply the visa please visit Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Entry to neighboring cities in China from Hong Kong
For travel from Hong Kong to the mainland Chinese cities such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Zhuhai and others, passports are required to be valid for 60 days and visa application and travel document requirements required are as same as those of a traveler who enter China from Beijing and Shanghai.
Hi! Good day. Im a domestic helper here in hongkong and my contract here will end on december 27,2014. Right now im applying nanny in canada and my visa application is being processed at canada visa office hongkong. Im planning to go to macau after end of my contract here in hongkong. I just want to ask if it is possible to stay in macau while waiting for my visa until january 2015?
May I know which country you are from? Then I can help you with this.
Hi, I'm Anjonette I am a Filpino And I want to Hongkong alone to visit my Filipina friend and to go shopping there. I will stay there for 7 Days. Do I need a tourist Visa? Thanks
No tourist visa is needed. Philippines passport holders are allowed to stay in hk for no more than 14 days. You just need to prepare round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof.
good day!!!im here in taiwan now working as caretaker and about to go home probably on the 2nd wk of september this year 2014..Can i go directly to hongkong and enjoy the 14 days visa free there before going home to my country philippines? thank you!
Yes, you can.
Hi good day! I am still holding Phillipines passport,but at present im living here in France coz my husband is french nationality,Im planing to visit my sister who working in hongkong before go to Philippines,and i would like to stay 1week in hk...do i need to ask visa?and what other ducument i need to bring for the immigration?thanks a lot
No, you don't need a visa. Just prepare your round trip ticket and the hotel reservation proof. If possible, ask for an invitation letter from your sister too in case.
Hi I am a Gambian Citizen an I want to go to Hong Kong for 3 weeks holiday, what will I need to come over?
Gambian passport holders are allowed to stay in Hk for no more than 90 days without a visa. To stay there for 3 weeks, you need to prepare your round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof. As you stay a little long, they may ask for the true bank statement, which is suggested to prepared in case.
How long would be the passport issued to a Filipino before he Can visit hong kong.tnx
But you are eligible to stay in HK for no more than 14 days without a visa. So if your trip there will be within 14 days, just prepare your round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof and they will let you in.
How many pocket money do you need to travel to hongkong can u have direct flight
It depends on how long you will stay in HK. By saying the direct flight, may I know which country would you depart from?
Hi im from the philippines, im currently pregnant and my baby will be born this coming september. His father is a hongkong national,we are not yet married but planning, my baby's name willbe under his eventhough we are in a defacto relationship. I just want to ask if my baby will be born here in philippines, can i make her chinese citizen? Or due to law she will be filipino citizen but what we will do to make her acknowledge as chinese in hongkong? Do his father need to register her in hongkong also? and can i bring our baby there in hongkong witb me after i get my ababys passport? Thank you. Im so lost. Please help me
Hi. I am from Philippines working in the UAE. I want to book a flight from Dubai to Hong Kong and after 3 days of stay in Hong Kong then go to Philippines. Do I need a visa for my 3 days in Hong Kong?
No visa is needed for your three-day stay there, for Philippines passport holders are allowed to stay in HK for no more than 14 days, exempt from visa. Just show them your round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof.
hi. im filipina working here in hongkong as domestic helper,, myhusband want to visit me here for 5 days what documents may he prepare..? thank you..
Does he also hold Phillipine passport? If so, he just need to prepare air ticket for around trip and hotel reservation proof.