Required Documents for Hong Kong Visa Application:
1. Your valid passport or travel documents in lieu of passport
2. A completely filled out visa application form
3. Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form)
4. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
6. Photocopy of proof of the proposed leisure visit to Hong Kong, e.g. receipt for a package tour to Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for leisure visit only)
7. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for transit only)
8. Photocopy of proof of the proposed business visit to Hong Kong, e.g. letter issued by the applicant's employing company to confirm his/her proposed business activities in Hong Kong, invitation letter issued by a local company, letter issued by a trade body to confirm the applicant's attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, etc. (for business visit only)
9. Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
10. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit to Hong Kong (for purposes of visit other than leisure, transit, business or family visit)
Where to Apply the Hong Kong Visa
1. Through the Chinese Embassy and Consulates in your country;
2. Posting the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
3. For foreign passport holders living in mainland China, you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
HKD 160 for Ordinary Visa; HKD 84 for Transit Visa
HKD 170 for Ordinary Visa and HKD 90 for Transit visa if issued by the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing.
Who needs to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
A person who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.
Passport holders of the countries listed below DO NOT need a visa during the visa-free period. Travelers who are not from those countries or those who want to stay for a longer period exceeding the visa-free period, are required to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese embassies and consulates.
Who needs NOT to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you are Holders of
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport
British National (Overseas) Passport
Hong Kong Certificate of Identity
Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the region of Macau only)
Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book
Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
For more information on how to apply the visa please visit Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Entry to neighboring cities in China from Hong Kong
For travel from Hong Kong to the mainland Chinese cities such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Zhuhai and others, passports are required to be valid for 60 days and visa application and travel document requirements required are as same as those of a traveler who enter China from Beijing and Shanghai.
hi, are passports required for a 3-day tour to disneyland? planning to go with my spouse & kids.. thanks
Of course, you should take along your passport for traveling in HK. I wonder whether you refer to the visa issue. If yes, it depends on which country you are from.
hi my friend wanted to visit here in Hongkong for 14 days hes from nigerian..He still need to apply a visa or just an.invitation letter..pls help me anyone
He needs to apply for a visa in advance.
Hi I'm a Filipina, my bf is an american. We are planning to meet in Hongkong for 2 weeks vacation. what will I need to come over? Thank You
Hey, you should not miss the Disneyland Resort, Ngong Ping 360(Giant Buddha and Po Lin Monastery), Ocean Park, Aderbeen, Stanley Market and Tsim Sha Tsui. As well as that, there are many other attractions worth your time. If you have time, u are also recommended to visit Macao for several days.
Hi! Good day. Im a domestic helper here in hongkong and my contract here will end on december 27,2014. Right now im applying nanny in canada and my visa application is being processed at canada visa office hongkong. Im planning to go to macau after end of my contract here in hongkong. I just want to ask if it is possible to stay in macau while waiting for my visa until january 2015?
May I know which country you are from? Then I can help you with this.
Hi, I'm Anjonette I am a Filpino And I want to Hongkong alone to visit my Filipina friend and to go shopping there. I will stay there for 7 Days. Do I need a tourist Visa? Thanks
No tourist visa is needed. Philippines passport holders are allowed to stay in hk for no more than 14 days. You just need to prepare round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof.
good day!!!im here in taiwan now working as caretaker and about to go home probably on the 2nd wk of september this year 2014..Can i go directly to hongkong and enjoy the 14 days visa free there before going home to my country philippines? thank you!
Yes, you can.
Hi good day! I am still holding Phillipines passport,but at present im living here in France coz my husband is french nationality,Im planing to visit my sister who working in hongkong before go to Philippines,and i would like to stay 1week in hk...do i need to ask visa?and what other ducument i need to bring for the immigration?thanks a lot
No, you don't need a visa. Just prepare your round trip ticket and the hotel reservation proof. If possible, ask for an invitation letter from your sister too in case.
Hi I am a Gambian Citizen an I want to go to Hong Kong for 3 weeks holiday, what will I need to come over?
Gambian passport holders are allowed to stay in Hk for no more than 90 days without a visa. To stay there for 3 weeks, you need to prepare your round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof. As you stay a little long, they may ask for the true bank statement, which is suggested to prepared in case.
How long would be the passport issued to a Filipino before he Can visit hong kong.tnx
But you are eligible to stay in HK for no more than 14 days without a visa. So if your trip there will be within 14 days, just prepare your round trip ticket and hotel reservation proof and they will let you in.
How many pocket money do you need to travel to hongkong can u have direct flight
It depends on how long you will stay in HK. By saying the direct flight, may I know which country would you depart from?