Required Documents for Hong Kong Visa Application:
1. Your valid passport or travel documents in lieu of passport
2. A completely filled out visa application form
3. Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form)
4. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
6. Photocopy of proof of the proposed leisure visit to Hong Kong, e.g. receipt for a package tour to Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for leisure visit only)
7. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for transit only)
8. Photocopy of proof of the proposed business visit to Hong Kong, e.g. letter issued by the applicant's employing company to confirm his/her proposed business activities in Hong Kong, invitation letter issued by a local company, letter issued by a trade body to confirm the applicant's attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, etc. (for business visit only)
9. Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
10. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit to Hong Kong (for purposes of visit other than leisure, transit, business or family visit)
Where to Apply the Hong Kong Visa
1. Through the Chinese Embassy and Consulates in your country;
2. Posting the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
3. For foreign passport holders living in mainland China, you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
HKD 160 for Ordinary Visa; HKD 84 for Transit Visa
HKD 170 for Ordinary Visa and HKD 90 for Transit visa if issued by the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing.
Who needs to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
A person who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.
Passport holders of the countries listed below DO NOT need a visa during the visa-free period. Travelers who are not from those countries or those who want to stay for a longer period exceeding the visa-free period, are required to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese embassies and consulates.
Who needs NOT to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you are Holders of
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport
British National (Overseas) Passport
Hong Kong Certificate of Identity
Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the region of Macau only)
Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book
Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
For more information on how to apply the visa please visit Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Entry to neighboring cities in China from Hong Kong
For travel from Hong Kong to the mainland Chinese cities such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Zhuhai and others, passports are required to be valid for 60 days and visa application and travel document requirements required are as same as those of a traveler who enter China from Beijing and Shanghai.
Hi...am ghanain in wuhan and I want to go further my education in philippines ..can I go with an invite only?
you should consult the Filipino embassy if you need a visa or other documents.
hai, i miss maridel oclarit a filipino who wants to visit hongkong for my 5 days with my cousin. i just want to ask if what is the requirements we need to visit in hongkong SAR. we need a visa or not? other than visa what else do we need...we booked already a two way ticket and we have already a valid passport and accommodation to stay with, aside from this what else do we need to comply our visit in hongkong SAR...thank you, i'm waiting for your reply.
no. Filipino passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 14 days, so you don't need to apply the visa. aside from the documents you've mentioned, you also need to take some pocket money, i heard you need to take at least USD 100 per day for one person.
thank you for your reply, but i have some question again, about currency i have a venezuelan bolivar currency my employer give me this when i'm in singapore last 2007 working as a caregiver and all around..i have a question would hongkong banks exchange this venezuelan bolivar or any money changer exchange this kind of money...
I'm afraid you can not exchange that directly. some one says you have to exchange the venezuelan bolivar into US dollars first, and then exchange to other currency.
again, thank you jeanifer for your reply...But how can i change my venezuelan bolivar to US dollar? If you know anything about how to change these currency just please tell me...Is it in the bank or what kind of establishment well exchange bolivar to US dollar...Thank you and more power for the warriors travel for this open suggestion box for people who have questioned like me...thank you and GODSPEED
you can exchange it in the bank.
...Hello! I will be going to hongkong with my boyfriend for 4 days. We are teaching in a government public school. What documents should be prepared to show in immigration?
where are you from? people from different countries are required differently. some need to apply the visa but some does not.
I am from india and i have book my hongkong roundtrip ticket for 5 days, please help me i need hk visa or not ?????
no, you don't need the visa for your five day tour in Hong Kong.
Hi.. Is there any rules or anything if il invite my husband here in hongkong to visit me? What should I prepare/do to invite him?Any one who can help me please ... Thanks a lot
where r ur hunsband from? i mean what is his nationality?u should first write him an invitation letter. how long is he plan to stay in HK?
He is a Filipino holing a Phil passport Just for couple of days maybe 14days.. Is that okay? What should I do? And how how should I do it?
yes, it is ok. Filipino passport holders are exempt from hong Kong visa for 14 days. he need to prepare round-trip air tickets and some pocket money. you need to write an invitation letter stating that you will provide accommodation for him, if not, he also need to provide hotel reservation in Hong kong.
Thank David.. Do you have any copies of invitation letter???And do I need to give a letter to the immigration of Phil and here in Hong Kong? Please email me if you have copies.. Thanks a lot godbless you..
i'ms sorry Jean, i don't have a copy. but you can search an example online. you should give the letter to your husband.
Hi I'm Filipino domestic helper here in Hong Kong, on coming June I have 3 weeks holiday and I'm planning to visit Dubai what documents do I need to visit as a tourist there?
i think you need to consult the Duhai Embassy or consulate, or a local travel agency.
i am a filipina. i have 1 month round trip ticket to hk. but i dont visa yet. i have an invitation letter from a hk resident there. does the immigration would let me enter hongkong? what should i do?
one month?Filipino passport holders are exempt from hong kong visa for 14 days, if you want to stay for one month, you have to apply a visa.
I'm a gambian wanted to travel to Hong Kong with visa free for gambia passport holder but my destination is china. My question is, is it possible for me to apply for china visa as tourist in Hong Kong since there are no Chinese embassy/consulates in GAMBIA
no, you can not apply the Chinese visa in Hong Kong.
Thanks Jeremy for your reply and it helps. What are the documents I need to take with me as one of the Countries citizens that is visa free to Hong Kong?
your valid passport, round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation in Hong Kong, and some pocket money.
Hi im planning to visit hong kong this march or april for 3days and 2nights im wondering if i need a visa to enter and ill be staying at my friends house...and also im a us permanent card holder.
hi.. me & my husband & 2 sons will going to hongkong on march 9, 2014 and return march 12, 2014 we are going to disneyland. We need to get the visit visa in manila? we have book already the ticket. pls advice me. thank u.