Required Documents for Hong Kong Visa Application:
1. Your valid passport or travel documents in lieu of passport
2. A completely filled out visa application form
3. Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form)
4. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
6. Photocopy of proof of the proposed leisure visit to Hong Kong, e.g. receipt for a package tour to Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for leisure visit only)
7. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for transit only)
8. Photocopy of proof of the proposed business visit to Hong Kong, e.g. letter issued by the applicant's employing company to confirm his/her proposed business activities in Hong Kong, invitation letter issued by a local company, letter issued by a trade body to confirm the applicant's attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, etc. (for business visit only)
9. Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
10. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit to Hong Kong (for purposes of visit other than leisure, transit, business or family visit)
Where to Apply the Hong Kong Visa
1. Through the Chinese Embassy and Consulates in your country;
2. Posting the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
3. For foreign passport holders living in mainland China, you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
HKD 160 for Ordinary Visa; HKD 84 for Transit Visa
HKD 170 for Ordinary Visa and HKD 90 for Transit visa if issued by the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing.
Who needs to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
A person who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.
Passport holders of the countries listed below DO NOT need a visa during the visa-free period. Travelers who are not from those countries or those who want to stay for a longer period exceeding the visa-free period, are required to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese embassies and consulates.
Who needs NOT to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you are Holders of
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport
British National (Overseas) Passport
Hong Kong Certificate of Identity
Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the region of Macau only)
Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book
Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
For more information on how to apply the visa please visit Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Entry to neighboring cities in China from Hong Kong
For travel from Hong Kong to the mainland Chinese cities such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Zhuhai and others, passports are required to be valid for 60 days and visa application and travel document requirements required are as same as those of a traveler who enter China from Beijing and Shanghai.
Question: We are both filipinos. We would like to get married in Hongkong April 2013. Is that possible? What are the requirements? How much will it cost?
April 2013? you want to get registered in Hong Kong or just hold your wedding ceremony there?
We would like to hold our wedding there. Is that possible?
yes, it is possible.
Sorry April 2014
What are the requirements? How much will it cost? Do you have that package?
hi Ann,i suggest that you consult a local agency for wedding in Hong Kong.
Hi, would like to know whether Hotel reservation is mandatory for a tourist visa in Hong Kong or just passport, international credit/debit card will do? Hotel would be booked on arrival.
you have to provide it when you apply the Hong Kong visa (if required) or when you enter hong Kong (if you are exempt from hong Kong visa).
My connecting flight back home is hongkong , but I would like to spend two days in hongkong before I depart, do I need a visa for two days stay?
people from some countries are exempt from hong Kong visa for a certain period of time. you can check the above table to see if you need to apply the Hong Kong visa.
hello, i just want to know if it possible to go hk from dubai for 14days while waiting for my new employment visa in Dubai, they will send to me in HK through courier, it is possible? what documents i need, do they let me in?Thank you. kindly response.
where are you from? what is your nationality?people from some countries need to apply the Hong Kong visa but some do not. read the above article carefully, you will know if you can enter Hong Kong!
Hi i would like to ask where i can get in philippines the affidavit of support authenticated by phil. Consulate in hk? Do i need to get a tourist visa in hongkong? We just only 4 days vacation there on dec. 18 to 21,2013. Thank you so much.. Godbless
from the Filipino consulate in Hong Kong. you don't need to apply the Hong Kong visa.
I'm a filipino and is going for a 3 day tour to hongkong. Will they require me to provide proof of bank details or a show money is enough? How much would be the minimum amount to be shown (in HKD)?
USD100 per day is required as show money.
Will I be required to present a tourist visa for just 3 days trip by January 2014?I heard that HK government recommended non-visa free for Filipinos? When it will be implemented?
no, you will not.
Hi. Thanks for the reply.Last question, Will I be ask to present a tour itinerary with HK immigration or a hotel voucher is enough? Thanks again
a hotel voucher is enough, but you may also be required to provide an affidavit of support autenticated by phil.consulate in hk.
hi... i am a filipino passport holder and i working in hongkong as domestic helper for 22 yrs.. my daughter visit here in hk nov.24,2013 to dec.7,2013 .i support all documents like: invitation letter , affidavit of support autenticated by phil.consulate in hk and i attach copy of my passport & hk.id roundtrip ticket and her birth certificate and my marrirge contract because in my passport not yet change my status.. my question now... she need to apply visa in chinese embassy manila? because i heared in tv news that all filipinos suspended free visa entry in hongkong ... pls. advice urgent ... thank you very much
she does not need to apply the visa now, the Hong Kong government has not officially suspended all Filipinos free visa entry to Hong Kong.
hello,I am concerned about my husband, who is a US Citizen working in China at a school in Wuhan on a L Visa . he plans to go to Shenzhen to extend his Visa to another 90 days on a L Visa to work. he has a 24 month multiple entry L Visa, his 90 day extension expires Nov. 30th. His school refuses to submit a Work Visa for him, he has to work there 4 years to get his retirement fee when he turns 60, & the principle is conducting illegal activities with bribery to my husband. Can he continue to get 90 day extensions on a L Visa for the next 2 years, or will his Visa be revoked? I want to visit him but i am afraid he is going to get in trouble.I will wait for your reply.
foreigners holding an L visa is not allowed to work in China. he can try to extend his visa, but it is better for him to apply a work visa.
i am filipina and my husband is a swedish..and we are planning to go in hongkong for 7 days..do my husband need a visa?
no, he does not need a visa to Hong Kong. Swedish passport holders are exempt from Hong Kong visa for 90 days.
HelloI am from phils just wanna ask if i need visa to travel Hk and macau fro 13 days? we use hk as our entry fro 3 nights and in macau for 7 nights and back to hk for 2 nights as our exit.. Do i need any documents for that? do they allow me to stay? pls help thanks,..
no,you don' t need the visa to Hong Kong or Macau. your passport, round-trip air tickets, hotel reservation in both Homg Kong and Macau, and some pocket money.