Required Documents for Hong Kong Visa Application:
1. Your valid passport or travel documents in lieu of passport
2. A completely filled out visa application form
3. Your recent photograph (affixed to the application form)
4. Photocopy of proof of your financial standing, e.g. bank statements, savings accounts passbooks, tax receipts, etc. and proof of employment (if any), e.g. company leave letter, salary slips, etc.
5. Photocopy of proof of transportation arrangement, e.g. flight itinerary
6. Photocopy of proof of the proposed leisure visit to Hong Kong, e.g. receipt for a package tour to Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for leisure visit only)
7. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit in the next destination after visiting Hong Kong, itinerary, etc. (for transit only)
8. Photocopy of proof of the proposed business visit to Hong Kong, e.g. letter issued by the applicant's employing company to confirm his/her proposed business activities in Hong Kong, invitation letter issued by a local company, letter issued by a trade body to confirm the applicant's attendance at trade fairs and exhibitions, etc. (for business visit only)
9. Photocopy of proof of relationship with the local sponsor (for family visit only)
10. Photocopy of proof of the proposed visit to Hong Kong (for purposes of visit other than leisure, transit, business or family visit)
Where to Apply the Hong Kong Visa
1. Through the Chinese Embassy and Consulates in your country;
2. Posting the application forms and supporting documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department;
3. For foreign passport holders living in mainland China, you can submit the Hong Kong visa application form and supporting documents as well as your travel documents to the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing. The address is: No. 71, Di'anmen Xidajie, Xicheng District, Beijing 100009.
HKD 160 for Ordinary Visa; HKD 84 for Transit Visa
HKD 170 for Ordinary Visa and HKD 90 for Transit visa if issued by the Immigration Division of the Office of the Government of the HKSAR in Beijing.
Who needs to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
A person who need a visa or entry permit for visit (or purposes other than a visit) should obtain the appropriate visa or entry permit before traveling to the HKSAR.
Passport holders of the countries listed below DO NOT need a visa during the visa-free period. Travelers who are not from those countries or those who want to stay for a longer period exceeding the visa-free period, are required to apply for the appropriate visa or entry permit from the nearest Chinese embassies and consulates.
Who needs NOT to apply for a Hong Kong visa or travel permit
No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you are Holders of
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport
British National (Overseas) Passport
Hong Kong Certificate of Identity
Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the region of Macau only)
Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book
Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
For more information on how to apply the visa please visit Visit Visa / Entry Permit Requirements for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Entry to neighboring cities in China from Hong Kong
For travel from Hong Kong to the mainland Chinese cities such as Guangzhou, Shenzhen or Zhuhai and others, passports are required to be valid for 60 days and visa application and travel document requirements required are as same as those of a traveler who enter China from Beijing and Shanghai.
I am South African passport holder and I will be attending a conference in Naijing in September for a week. Do I need to have money in my bank account ?
First of all, would you tell me what type of visa would you apply for? Anyway, if you just stay in China for a few days, they won't require that you have money in your banl account.
am a ghanaian student in china, wish to visit macau and hong kong for visiting purposes , do i need a pre visa or any money requirements?
To visit Macao, you can enjoy the visa on arival, but you have to apply for the HK visa in advance. Since you are in China mainland, you can apply for it in Beijing.
Hi there! I'm joy .Have a good day to you?I have plan to go visit in Hong Kong for 3 days this coming October 2014.What Documents needed in Philippine Embassy going to Hong Kong?Please advice me what I am going to prepare documents needed to go visit in Hong Kong it's my first time to travel.Many thanks to you!!
Your round trip tickets to HK, hotel booking in HK, your itinerary, your bank statement with at least around 6 monthes' history, passport and application form with recent taken photos are needed for applying.
hi...i m malik sheraz..i am from pakistan..and i am liveng in cyprus.i am going philipen for holidays..i can applye hongkong visa from philipen??thanx
Yes, you can try to apply by directly mailing necessary documents to HK Immigraton Department in Wan Chai HK.
Hi iam a philippine passport holder and we have a plan to visit my husband working in hongkong he is american citizen. So me and my american citizen daughter will visit hongkong.my question is is it possible that ia will be exempted for 14 days free visa due to the fact that iam traveling with ameriiacn citizen which has 90 days free visa
The truth is that Philippine passport holders are exempt from visa for 14 days in HK according to the regulations. What is your concern?
Hello my name is hydee and am from nigeria base here in qattar..i want to come to hong kong on tourist visa and what kind of document do i need and what location is your embassy in doha
You can go to local Chinese consulate to apply for a visa. You can search this link to get the document you need for visa application:http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/hk-visas/visit-transit.html
Hello Im Filipina, me and my american bf planning to travel to Hk this October/November2014. Im still unsure if Im visa free as what happen recently between Hk and Phil. As I remembered the visa-free access for filipinos has been cancelled , this is the reason I want to ask you and want know if I really need visa or not to travel to Hk this yr. Im a regular passport holder we will be staying for a week at max. Thank IA HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Yes, you are right that you need a visa to travel there. Since end of Jan. this year, HK cancelled the 14 days free visa policy for Filipinos.
Aaawh really? :(
No, it isn 't cancelled. Only visa-free access with diplomacy purpose is cancelled. Therefore, you can stay stay in HK for no more than 14 days visa free.
Im working in hk but i applied a company in uae they send me working visa thats enough documents i need in hongkong airport?
I don't understand. What is your problem with the working visa?
Hello I am a myanmar passort holder and I would like to visit to hong kong. I am working in dubai now. Please guide whether I need to apply visit visa to Hong Kong and where should I apply it. Thanks!
Yes, you need apply for a tourist visa to travel there. As you stay in Dubai, go to China consulate in this region to apply for that!
Hi, what is the requirements for tourist visa in hongkong.
People from some countries are allowed to stay in HK for some days with the purpose of tourism. Make it clear whether your country is among that! If not, here is the basic creteria for visa application:1. have a minimum validity on your passport of 1 month beyond the intended stay (or the duration of the visa may be restricted so that there will be one month after the visa expiry)2.have onward or return travel arrangements3. have sufficient funds for your stay without working (based on Immigration's definition, not yours) 4. not have a serious criminal record or be likely to be involved in crime, nor be considered a security riskFor more info, you can get through this link:http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/hk-visas/visit-transit/visit-visa-entry-permit.html