Home : China Travel Tips : Pre_Trip Planning : Passport & Visa : Visa : Comments
 First  Previous    1    2    3    4    Next  Last
  • ReplyJoaquin
    8/28/2014 12:49:00 PM

How do we lessen the chance of getting offloaded here in the philippines? We are going to HK (bought a travel package from a travel agency). Problem is I think we are a red flag to the IO because:We are freelancers, so we have no company id if they'll ask us. But we are financially capable to go through this trip.What we plan to bring:1. our etickets/roundtrip tickets (obviously)2. itinerary provided by the travel agency3. we are willing to print our bank statement of accounts to prove that we do have more than enough money4. Php10-15k of show money eachIs this enough for us to "pass"? Any suggestions?

• Sally :9/1/2014 5:50:00 AM

these documents are enough for your travel in HK and I believe you won't have any problem in applying for a visa.

• bismark asamoah :2/11/2016 1:26:00 PM

please i am from Ghana and i like to travel to macau for business meeting and visit a friend for few days but i do not have a visa to go there since there is no embassy here. please is it possible to enter without any problem? But i have credit card with enough money

• ReplyNeha Prasad
    12/31/2015 7:23:00 AM

Hi !We are group of 5 people from India planning to visit HK -> Macau -> Guangzhou -> Zhuhai -> HK for a period of 7 days in total. Could you please let us know the visa requirements in each of these places?

• ReplyValentin mendoza
    12/12/2015 11:01:00 PM

Me and my girlfriend plan to take a trip to Hongkong. is it possible that we enter via macau and exit via hongkong? And what requirements would we need thanks so much for the help:))

• Belle :12/16/2015 2:46:00 AM

If your country has signed the free-entry agreement with HK, you can go there. Of course you can enter via Macau and exit via HK. You are required to hold a valid passport, round-trip air tickets, and enough money.

• ReplyAizaz
    12/11/2015 5:51:00 PM

Hey This is Aizaz from PakistanI had a double entry visa of HongkongSo i had a direct flight from Lahore to Guangzhou. i planned to go to guangzhou then to Hk via mtr,same is the case while returning,so i applied for a transit visa type (G) I recieved a 5 Day single entry visa. the problem is how can i return via china with a single entry visa? Will i get a 24 hour permit at Hk mtr when leaving for guangzhou?I remember the visa officer talking about 24 hour stay when i go back. But i am not sure. Its confusing. please clear this problem with a legitimate source so that i dont have problem in my trip. Thanks!

• Zack :12/16/2015 3:46:00 AM

Aizaz, you will depart from HK to Guangzhou by MTR, and then fly to Lahore? If so, as long as you stay in Guangzhou for less than 24 hours, you don't need the G type. It's because you have access to the 24hrs direct transit policy. Information about such policy can be found on any website of overseas Chinese embassies.

• Replyper
    11/2/2015 10:47:00 PM

i would like to ask im visiting macau next month on there we stay in our freind house with a blue card in macao and we get visa from macao to shenzhen to 2 days it s possible? in shenshen china can we exit there going to hongkong stay for 1 day? after going in macau to our flight to manila

• Bernie :12/6/2015 2:59:00 AM

May I know what passport do you hold?

• per :12/6/2015 5:47:00 AM

im a holding a philippine passport

• Cindy :12/16/2015 2:44:00 AM

Dear, I'm afraid you can't get Shenzhen VOA. You need to apply one before the trip.

• Replyshamjith
    12/15/2015 4:07:00 AM

Hi,I'm an Indian Citizen working under a job permit in HK currently now and possess a HKID card. when my job permit expires I would like to stay for couple more days may be like 2 weeks.Will it be sufficient if I go to Macau and then return to HK as a tourist,if so how many days I need to stay in Macau...or is there other ways to stay in HK without going to other country..Please advise

• Vera :12/16/2015 2:27:00 AM

You can go to Macau and then re-enter as a tourist. You just need to stay in Macau for a few days. There is no specific time limit.

• Replyaloediyah
    11/1/2014 9:59:00 AM

Hi!I am a filipino citizen and a non-working spouse. My husband is an ofw. We are planning to go to Macau from Manila and stay for 3 days and take a ferry ride to Hongkong for 2 days before returning to Manila. Do we need to provide bank statement or bank certificate or bank passbook will suffice? How much total money should our bank account have?

• Douglas :11/4/2014 10:57:00 PM

You enjoy a 30-day free entry to visit Macau and 14-day free entry to visit HK. You are suggested to prepare your bank statement, round trip tickets and hotel booking in case the immigration officer requires to see. Since you stay with your husband, you two can use one bank statement. There is no limitation on the money, but the more the better.

• emerson :12/14/2015 10:55:00 AM

good evening im pilipino passport holder this coming december 21 is my flight going to macau i have roundtrip ticket from december 21 to january 4 and i have letter invitation from my friend he from consulate in macau but now i have have work in philippines my question is possible that im not going to offload thanks to your reply....

• Nina :12/16/2015 2:25:00 AM

Emerson, don't worry. In normal cases, you won't be offloaded. You can enjoy a 30-day free entry to Macau actually. You need to take your passport, enough money (at least MOP 5000), and round-trip tickets.

• ReplyTeresa
    10/26/2015 10:32:00 PM

I am Filipino holding Philippine passport, planning to visit Hongkong for 7 days and go to Macau for 2 days, i am flying to Hongkong from Manila and plan to fly back from Macau to Manila.. would it required a visa just to fly back to Manila from Macau airport.. would i required a visa to do that. My passport is less than 30 days valid when i enter Macau would it be a problem?

• Zoe :12/6/2015 3:01:00 AM

No, the visa is not required, but you need to renew your passport. Otherwise, you may be forbided to enter.

• ReplyRon
    10/24/2015 11:36:00 AM

Hi, currently im working here in saudi arabia and planning to drop by in Hongkong for total of 5 days. Heres the scenario:From saudi arabia, My stop over is Hongkong and my next flight going to Philippines after 3 days. Then after the 3 days I go to Philippines. Of course my returning pattern of flight will be the same going to saudi arabia, The question is I can enter again to HK for another 2 days (My return flight from HK to Saudi Arabia after 2 days) even I already entered in HK last time? Thank you in advance.

• Michelle :12/6/2015 3:02:00 AM

Yes, you can.

• Replyirene
    10/21/2015 7:31:00 PM

I am from singapore. I'm going to zhuhai to visit a relative. If I stay longer than 14 days , can I hop over to macau for a day , stamp my passport & re - enter zhuhai again for another 14 days. Or must I travel to hongkong in order to extend another 14 days in zhuhai. Singapore passport no need visa to China. Please advise.

• Cindy :12/6/2015 2:58:00 AM

Irene, you can go to Macau for one one and then back to activate another 14-day stay.

• ReplyDilsad
    11/23/2015 11:43:00 PM

Hello, i am Dilsad from India. Now i am in Macau for 30 days without a VISA, i am also planning to visit ZHUHAI as it is nearby, may i go to ZHUHAI without a VISA

• Dora :12/6/2015 1:57:00 AM

Dislad, you have to get a visa to go to Zhuhai. It's possible that you can get it upon arrival, but I can't say you will get it for sure. If you can't get the VOA, then you need to apply for one from Macau at the Office of the Commissioner of PRC Foreign Affairs Ministry.

• ReplyAhmed
    11/21/2015 2:21:00 AM

Hello! I'm Ahmed Pakistan national, student in qinhuangdao. I want to visit macau in these coming new year vacations. For Pakistanis need visa for macau. Please guide me where I can get macau visa in China?

• Linda :12/6/2015 2:10:00 AM

Ahmed, you can get it from the Macau SAR Office in Beijing. The detailed address is: 26 F, China Resource Building, No. 8, North Street, Jianguomen Gate

• Replyjaylord
    11/6/2015 12:06:00 AM

hi I am a philippine passport holder and my boyfriend and I are getting married this coming january, were planning to have a tour to hongkong for few days for the honeymoon, is it possible for us to have a 2-3 days tour in china

• Dan :12/6/2015 2:11:00 AM

Jaylord, if you want to tour in mainland also, you need to apply for an L type visa in advance.

• Replyregine
    12/2/2015 2:40:00 AM

Hi! Good day... My family plan to go to hongkong and macau this summer, my question is our ticket is clark to hongkong and may i know if there is any problem if our return ticket is from macau to manila?? thank you very much..... God Bless!!!

• Sandra :12/6/2015 1:49:00 AM

Regine, I think it's ok. If you can enjoy free entry policy in the areas, the officers may not examine the tickets. Even they do this, I think the tickets are fine.

• ReplyJohn Marsala
    11/29/2015 11:34:00 PM

I have a USA passport with a multiple entry, 90 day, 10 year visa for China. Can I enter Hong Kong every 90 days and return to Mainland China and continue my stay. If so, for what period of time must I visit HK before re-entering PRC and is there a limit to how many times I can do this ie exit re-enter?

• Jack :12/6/2015 1:51:00 AM

John, there are no special rules about this issue. That means you can exit from mainland to HK, stay there for a short time and then back to mainland. However, I personally don't think you can do this many times. If you do this too often, you may draw the attention of immigration officers and they may suspect your motivation.

• ReplyMike
    8/17/2015 5:26:00 AM

Hi, my partner is a Filipino national and passport holder. We want to do a trip to Hong Kong and Macau for a total of 16 days. 10 days in Hong Kong at the start of our trip, then 6 days in Macau and finally on the last day returning to Hong Kong and going to the airport to get our flight home.I will be ok as I am an EU citizen but I'm aware that Filipino nationals are allowed 14 days stay in Hong Kong and 30 in Macau, but I am confused how it works if the total trip time is 16 days although we would only be in Hong Kong for 11 days total. Any advice would be really appreciated.

• York :10/12/2015 4:26:00 AM

Mike, it's OK. There won't be problems.

• ReplyLa-Vita
    9/23/2015 8:12:00 PM

Next year I am planning a trip for my husband and I to Hong Kong and want to go to Macau. Do I need a visa for both I plans to stay 2 weeks in Hong Kong and just about 3 days in Macau.

• Selena :10/12/2015 3:55:00 AM

Would you please tell me your husband and you nationality?

• Replyangeline
    9/20/2015 5:05:00 AM

Hi,good day ..i am a philippine passport holder,me and my school teacher has a plan to travel to hongkong and visit guangzhou for the canton fair on october 19-23 .. What will be the requirements for us to get a china visa?? And is it possible if my proffessor is my only sponsor for this travel??coz i dont have bank statement ..thank you for your answer ..

• Vivian :10/12/2015 4:00:00 AM

Hi, you need to get an invitation letter from the fair organizer. Apart from that, both of you need to prepare the following documents: a valid passport, a photocopy of the passport's data page, an application form, a recent passport style photo, an invitation letter, and a financial standing document. If you can't provide the financial proof, you can provide your student certificate and your professor's sponsor letter for you.

• ReplyRYAN GEORGE DCOSTA,   India
    11/15/2012 11:36:00 PM

• Kelly :11/16/2012 6:48:00 PM

you have to obtain the chinese tourist visa for Zhuhai through the Chinese Embassy in India.
      if you go every day to Macau and back to Zhuhai, you need a multi-entry visa.

• josephine :7/24/2015 7:59:00 AM

i want to travel to macau , i have my round trip ticket , Certificate OF EMPLOYMENT , itr , company id .. and worth 30thousand pesos .. if this is okay ?

• Kelly :10/12/2015 4:02:00 AM

Yes, it's ok.

• ReplyMauricio
    7/6/2015 5:10:00 AM

Hi, I am from Colombia, I am in hong kong as tourist, i don't need a visa to stay here only during 3 months maximum, I would like to know if after that 3 months I go to china a week can I come back to HK to get another 3 months more? how many times I can to do this? can I to do this each time my 3 months as a tourist expire, coming into HK just with my passport? thank you very much for your answer, life bless you.

• Alice :9/13/2015 4:49:00 AM

Yes, you can go to China for a week after the 90 days run out and then reenter, but you can't always do this. If you do this too frequently, the officer may doubt your motivation and stops you from entering.

First  Previous    1    2    3    4    Next  Last